The Student Room Group

AQA A2 BIOL5 22nd June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3340
Original post by Picture~Perfect

you saint
Original post by Patchey1000
Control so it was the fatty acid in the oil not just the oil causing the effects

Original post by NutterFrutter
Control group?

"Allele passed down onto human generations"
Use the graph to explain why? :s-smilie:
Original post by EffKayy

Don't remember this question? :/
Original post by Abbieastoria
Said they might insert the DNA intothe middle of a gene, making it non-functional. In an embryo if all the replications from this were non functional the fetus would die. I had no idea lol

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

It stated that the embro's were inserted into different sheep and so therefore would cause an immune response in the sheep and the embryo's would be destroyed.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
i wrote the shape essay i wrote of enzyme sub complexes and the factors that effect them i.e substrate temp comp and non comp inhinbitors i then wrote bout muscle contraction and oestrogen i also wrote bout synapses and cholera and ors to treat cholera and for a bateria example i wrote the calvin cycle. hw much marks would that be?
Reply 3345
Original post by kingam
CAnt remember how did you find it :smile:, why did you get for that promoter region question

it said in the question that that starts transcription so i just carried on from that and said how the mrna goes through translation to make the required protein to cure haemophilia! Who knows with aqa though?!
Reply 3346
Original post by Elizabeth2222
thank god haha had an awful sinking feeling thinking i'd missed out a page!

Nah just me haha dont know where rabbits came from , this is aqa they probably would have gave us rabbits
Original post by EffKayy

only find out they have the disease once older and have had children and passed it on
Original post by NutterFrutter
Don't remember this question? :/

About the disease bit, graph, ages etc.
Reply 3349
Original post by CeeTay
it said in the question that that starts transcription so i just carried on from that and said how the mrna goes through translation to make the required protein to cure haemophilia! Who knows with aqa though?!

Yh I pretty much wrote the same :smile:
:teehee: for the essay about shapes, i wrote about the fact that enzyme inhibitors can attatch to an enzyme and make such a slight change..... that it cannot function anymore.

I even talked about cytochrome c oxidase in the electron transport chain and how it can become inhibited by cyanide, which can be fatal, as respiration cannot continue....
Reply 3351
i seem to only remember questions which i found hard, and dont remember the good ones , this is why i feel like crap.
Original post by EffKayy
About the disease bit, graph, ages etc.

Most people show symptoms at around 40 years of age by when most of them would have had children and so passed on the allele?
Original post by James A
:teehee: for the essay about shapes, i wrote about the fact that enzyme inhibitors can attatch to an enzyme and make such a slight change..... that it cannot function anymore.

I even talked about cytochrome c oxidase in the electron transport chain and how it can become inhibited by cyanide, which can be fatal, as respiration cannot continue....

LOOOL, nice use of the june12 biol4 question.
Essay wasn't bad, didn't love the main paper just because of the weird questions. Same as every year tbh, hate AQA.
Reply 3355
Original post by Picture~Perfect
I picked up a copy of the paper, I'll upload it soon :smile:

marry me.
For question 1d, i said that the toxin inhibits acetylcholinesterase which prevents acetylcholine being broken down to acetyl and a choline molecule. Hence preventing action potentials, which in turn, prevents the neuromuscular junction from being stimulated, hence ventilation cannot take place (lol i talked a load of nonsense here)

FML for the A-band i said it shortens :facepalm2:

lost another two silly marks by converting mm's to micrometres by doing 10^-3 as opposed to 10^3 (multiplied with the measured length)

4)a i murdered nicely

4b)ii) i mentioned something about the error bars not overlapping, hence

what was the answer to 5bii anyone?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by asaaal
marry me.

XP
Original post by gpostleth
I said as it was transgenic it had DNA from another species, and may be recognised as foreign and be attacked by an immune response?

Sorry it was not from another species you must understand its not DNA that causes rejection its antigens, you have to talk about it being from a diffrent animal on that note I forgot to mention antigens. :facepalm2:
For those that haven't yet seen, I've put the paper up and I'm working on a mark scheme
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2039285

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending