The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Guys, can anyone help me? I need to know what the maximum entitlement for a final year student not living in London is in 2011-2012 for the maintenance loan and maintenance grant. I need to check that the amount I've been given is actually the right amount and I can't find out what it should be. It's driving me mad!
Reply 221
Got my marks for semester 1 Japanese today :biggrin:

91% overall ^^
Now to work hard to maintain this >_<
Original post by IBzombie

91% overall ^^

Really well done :biggrin:
Just out of curiosity, do you know a girl called Jane Fey on your Japanese course? :tongue:
Reply 223
It's a new term, and a new start. So far I've attended pretty much all my lectures. Now I just need to keep up to date with all the work gone through and also get a start on my dissertation.

Here's to a new page!
Reply 224
Original post by GingerGoat
Really well done :biggrin:
Just out of curiosity, do you know a girl called Jane Fey on your Japanese course? :tongue:

No I don`t I`m sorry :redface:
I know that there is a Jane in the other Japanese class though ^^
No I don`t I`m sorry :redface:
I know that there is a Jane in the other Japanese class though ^^

Ah, just wondered when I saw your sig, she's my penfriend :smile:
Have to do organic chemistry again...haven't even had to look it for over a year now and have forgotten everything :frown: Gonna be a long few weeks...
Reply 227
Ah, just wondered when I saw your sig, she's my penfriend :smile:

That`s cool :smile: Maybe I will meet her at some point ^^
That`s cool :smile: Maybe I will meet her at some point ^^

She's lovely, so definitely do talk to her if you see her :smile:
Btw, what's it like to learn Japanese? Is it hard?
And how do they type? Since they have so many kanji? I mean they'd need a massive keyboard if they used the same 9 key keyboard as us for their mobiles. How do they get around it? :smile:
Reply 229
I have been inspired to do a to do list by you lot

To do list

Chill out

Complete call of duty campaign

Copy previous notes into neat form for later referral

Do some exercise

Chill some more

Go library and get a book (Even though I already have loads I haven't read)

Watch some Yogscast

Clean room

Find my lost hat (it's cold outside)

Do some research on group coursework

Reply 230
She's lovely, so definitely do talk to her if you see her :smile:
Btw, what's it like to learn Japanese? Is it hard?
And how do they type? Since they have so many kanji? I mean they'd need a massive keyboard if they used the same 9 key keyboard as us for their mobiles. How do they get around it? :smile:

Japanese grammar itself is not so difficult, at least while you`re studying the basics. Kanji is difficult but they have 2 simpler alphabets that we learn at the start and that are consistently used throughout Japanese writing, as they are also used for grammatical points and foreign words.

I have a Japanese laptop and a Japanese mobile :tongue: so I know exactly what their keyboards are like. The laptop keyboard is the same and I can type hiragana by simply choosing the corresponding letters (e.g. ka comes up as I hope the japanese shows up on here :redface:) to transform words into their kanji I simply hit spacebar afterwards.
A mobile phone works in the same way as ours, hiragana is made up of less than 40 symbols which make up phonetic sounds e.g. ka ki ku ke ko so where we have one key for abc, they have one for each group of sounds ^^

I really hope that makes at least some sense... It`s a little confusing :tongue:
Original post by LowRider
I havehttp://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=36193670 been inspired to do a to do list by you lot

To do list

Chill out

Complete call of duty campaign

Copy previous notes into neat form for later referral

Do some exercise

Chill some more

Go library and get a book (Even though I already have loads I haven't read)

Watch some Yogscast

Clean room

Find my lost hat (it's cold outside)

Do some research on group coursework

Surely these are (almost) synonymous? (Almost!)

Tonights target:
Finish lab report
Write lab safety audit for next experiment.
Update lab book
File notes

Just seen the state my lab book is in, and how outdated it is so sorting this out too. Have made a start on it.
Reply 232
Original post by Loz17
Surely these are (almost) synonymous? (Almost!)

Just seen the state my lab book is in, and how outdated it is so sorting this out too. Have made a start on it.

Hey whats with all these big words if you wanted to play with me you just had to ask :smile:

Cleaning my rooms feels so good after the chaos of exams.
(edited 12 years ago)
Well check me out, been to EVERY single lecture this week and done all the prep.

:jive:

I'm so tired now though, and I need to make dinner, empty the old freezer and upload and edit my lecture recordings.

Tomorrow I have a committee meeting and a mock criminal trial which should be interesting - if I can stay awake that is!
Reply 234
Virtual lecture watched, lecture attended and I've made a list of the reading I have left to do. Just watching Corrie and then I will do a bit of reading and start editing my essay.
Original post by LowRider
Hey whats with all these big words if you wanted to play with me you just had to ask :smile:

Cleaning my rooms feels so good after the chaos of exams.

I would, but I've banned myself from getting a console until I've finished my degree :sad:
Tomorrow:

Update lab book
Read at least 1 paper (they're long...30 pages each!)
Review lecture today and see if I can get the gist of R for my project
Go to the SSAGO cocktail party.
edit: and a hair cut
(edited 12 years ago)
Tonights target:
Finish lab report
Write lab safety audit for next experiment.
Update lab book
File notes

Lab book's going to take ages. Working tomorrow night so no work's going to be get done tomorrow. Might finish off the lab book tomorrow and maybe look at the 2st few assignment questions due for monday, but nothing much will be done. I've 10-5 labs and work at 10.

91% overall ^^

Congrats :biggrin: Hope you've done something fun (ie: not study) to celebrate!

Since my weekend starts here, may as well make the list now:
- Type up and send minutes for meeting
- Email lecturer re: reference
- Start lit review for quants module
- Read (another) masculinities article
- Make out essay plan for mini-dissertation (this is hanging over me now...)

Have a friend coming to visit for the weekend tomorrow night so not sure how realistic this will be. Hopefully getting an early night tonight and cracking on with the first three first thing tomorrow will set me up for the day.
To do for tomorrow:

- go to placement seminar
- somehow find some time to go and beg at the history office to drop my medieval module and get on a module I actually like
- fill out change of module form
- buy books for new module if I need to
- go to town and buy hair dye

Latest

Trending

Trending