The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I need money so badly :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone App
Reply 3241
Original post by cpdavis
I need money so badly :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone App

This :frown: I need to pay for my season train ticket for my placement at the end of next week as I start on 2nd July. It saves £300 if I buy the whole thing then. First student finance payment for the year is on 27th August. Useful :rolleyes:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Got my grades back for first year; got a 1st, 4x 2.1s and a 2.2. Bit pissed off about the 2.2 as it was 100% exam and I thought the exam had gone better than that, but just glad that I passed first year really! Yay! :smile:

Congrats to everyone who's got their results!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire S
Original post by Antifazian
Got my grades back for first year; got a 1st, 4x 2.1s and a 2.2. Bit pissed off about the 2.2 as it was 100% exam and I thought the exam had gone better than that, but just glad that I passed first year really! Yay! :smile:

Congrats to everyone who's got their results!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire S

:woo: Congratulations :woo:
Original post by cpdavis
:woo: Congratulations :woo:

Thank you! :biggrin:
Got 85% in my team project module (making a website with a report accompanying it). So happy with that bringing my average up. Last exam tomorrow. Then a busy few days trying to sort out housing in London for my placement starting 4th July.
Passed first year with 65% average :smile: Got six 2:1s and two firsts. Even managed a 2:1 in a module I was on a low 2:2 for before the exam! Very pleased to have passed first year so well, but the perfectionist in me slightly wishes I'd got a couple more marks to get firsts in a couple of other modules... But that doesn't matter! Congrats to everyone else!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
First week of my internship is already over! So tiring but good. I've got an interview for another one next week :smile: eee.
I miss Dundee so much, genuinely quite sad about it :sad:
Ok, so here's the job situation:
1) I'm waiting to see if I got through the online testing stage of the Ordnance Survey job, that closed on Thursday night so I should find out next week.
2) I also just got my application put forward to the company (from the uni who make the first sift) for an internship I applied for. I got rejected from the other one but that's ok because I didn't really want it!
3) I'm going to arrange signing on in the first week of July.
4) MORE APPLICATIONS!
Have hopefully bagged a residential Summer job, but they're taking their time giving me a start date which is sooo annoying, I hope they don't back out, I really don't want to stay at home all Summer!

All the talk of internships stresses me out, though well done to everyone who has them, feel like I should've tried to get one for this year really :redface:. Will just have to hope I get a good one in second year...
We got our results yesterday and I got a 1st!! Over the moon!! I start teacher training in September :biggrin:
Original post by angel_night
We got our results yesterday and I got a 1st!! Over the moon!! I start teacher training in September :biggrin:

Congrats! :biggrin:

I applied to 10 jobs today. :u:
I think that with at least one of them the manager will genuinely consider it before popping it in the recycling.

Oh and after whining for the 3 years of my degree that I hate sitting exams/doing coursework, I've just registered for a part-time, work from home, admin course. Figured I needed something relevant to admin roles other than the ability to wonder what Plato would have thought about the toner or whatever.
Original post by angel_night

Congrats but the real work starts here. My sister went through what you are about to a few years ago now, NQT year right? Gosh that year was a struggle, not to put you off or anything of course, just be ready to work hard for another year! :P
Congrats to all on your results! I've repped who I can on them but haven't been able to rep all of you :sad: but I have tried! And good luck to those still awaiting results (like me!)

Also, best of luck to all of those frantically trying to find a job. Really hope you all manage to get one soon, even if it's not in your field :smile:
Original post by Loz17
Congrats to all on your results! I've repped who I can on them but haven't been able to rep all of you :sad: but I have tried! And good luck to those still awaiting results (like me!)

Also, best of luck to all of those frantically trying to find a job. Really hope you all manage to get one soon, even if it's not in your field :smile:

I have got resits in August :frown:
Original post by areyouthere?
I have got resits in August :frown:

Oh no :sad: How many do you have? I'm sure they'll go fine :h:
Original post by Loz17
Oh no :sad: How many do you have? I'm sure they'll go fine :h:

So afraid for results :afraid:
I miss uni.
Original post by cpdavis
So afraid for results :afraid:

Same. I just don't want to know them at all :sad:
When do you get them?