Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Uni Study Thread Mk II

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good day of lectures. I'm feeling quite positive about this module. Getting a last minute job application in at the moment... today has been a truly epic day a 9am-11pm with meal stops!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HutvJgpjDgU

hope you're all hanging in there
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Back from Parliament, its been one hell of a long day but so worth it- I've learnt so much, and I know I want to work in central London in the future, I love the place so much. Anyway I am now left with a presentation to finish, an essay to read for, a room to hoover (when its left out) and a full laundry basket.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My productive day so far... making about 50 cupcakes :facepalm::facepalm: (doubly because the recipe was only meant to make 30!)
    • 81 followers

ReputationRep:
    Going to do some stats, wish me luck :sadnod:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpdavis)
    Going to do some stats, wish me luck :sadnod:
    good luck
    • 81 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    good luck
    in the end only completed half of the assignment, it's better then nothing :ahee:

how are you?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Had a weird dream last night that I did a Psychology degree and UEA were trying to chuck me out because they'd only just found out I had a C in Maths GCSE not a B, and I was screaming 'but I got a 1st in Stats'. I think I woke up at that point.

Anyway my plan for today
    -Go to film screening at 1
    -Start to tackle my laundry basket
    -Finish Cold War Slides and write script- hope this shouldnt take too long as I already have what I need to put just needs ordering
    -Go to library and take out books for IR essay on nuclear weapons
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Urban Design is fun. :ahee:

Sorted my trip to France.

also, 6 cans of Pepsi for £1.99.

This is a good day.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpdavis)
    in the end only completed half of the assignment, it's better then nothing :ahee:

how are you?
    not bad thanks. had an epic day in central london yesterday visiting parliament and the pubs, it might be my hometown but I still get excited going to the centre. I passed Downing Street on foot for the first time ever (I'd only been past on a bus before). And a friend of mine is coming to visit on Friday so I only have 3 days to do everything I need to do this week, so now I need to go into overdrive mode.
    • 86 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dorito)
    Urban Design is fun. :ahee:

Sorted my trip to France.

also, 6 cans of Pepsi for £1.99.

This is a good day.
    Try 8 cans for £1.99. :smug:
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking the week off uni for sanity reasons. I wouldn't be surprised if my uni kicks me out at this rate.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aemiliana)
    I'm taking the week off uni for sanity reasons. I wouldn't be surprised if my uni kicks me out at this rate.
    I haven't been to uni this week. Gotta go tomorrow cos the lecture I have is compulsory, but I dont think I'll go to any lectures after that- I've been all over the place
    • 96 followers

ReputationRep:
    How do you all find motivation to study?
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hwalusimo1)
    I haven't been to uni this week. Gotta go tomorrow cos the lecture I have is compulsory, but I dont think I'll go to any lectures after that- I've been all over the place
    All my lectures are compulsory and only one doesn't have a register. The uni can go **** themselves in my opinion. I'm not even sure I want this degree any more.

---

The only positive from the past week is I will have cleared my overdraft in about 2 months and I actually got sleep last night. No work has been done and I will be screwed come exam time.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aemiliana)
    All my lectures are compulsory and only one doesn't have a register. The uni can go **** themselves in my opinion. I'm not even sure I want this degree any more.

---

The only positive from the past week is I will have cleared my overdraft in about 2 months and I actually got sleep last night. No work has been done and I will be screwed come exam time.
    THIS!! I don't like my course, I don't like the modules I picked. Blah, I hate uni :emo:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addylad)
    We don't, we go on TSR instead hence the thread.

I don't know really, but posting here normally helps as you get people motivating you (that is if the same thing comes up in your list day after day after day...)
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy Paving)
    Try 8 cans for £1.99. :smug:
    :sad:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addylad)
    Fear of failure.

Which usually is stronger the sooner my exams/deadlines are.
    • 96 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    Fear of failure.

Which usually is stronger the sooner my exams/deadlines are.
    That is my problem. I need to have the urgency a few weeks before the deadline so I can put together a good assignment in plenty of time.

At least you can be philosophical about it.
Updated: December 10, 2013
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.