The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Feeling antsy about my lack of work (lol, wierd) I don't have another lecture until thursday which is yet another introductory lecture, I only start properly next week.

I did however sign up to a skills course that runs over term which might help me with my complete inability to write an essay.
Also planning to start reading for my modules now that I have my books, I really need to keep up this term it might help if I'm not so clueless preceding essays and exams. :redface:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 161
I am not going to bed until I have finished this section.

Planning on that too Siobhan. I will try to motivate myself to keep up with the fact that Summer exams should be my last for 18 months.
Original post by outlaw-torn

Am I the only one who started this semester with good intentions yet feel more demotivated than ever?

You're not alone in that!

I said the exact same thing... 2 weeks in, and I just cannot motivate myself to do anything!

Although I'm trying to do some tutorial questions now, but it's too hard and I'm tired lol
Original post by natty_d
x

Guess who's opening the play she auditioned for?! :cool:

:woo: :woo:
Reply 164
Original post by ArcadiaHouse

Original post by ArcadiaHouse
Guess who's opening the play she auditioned for?! :cool:

:woo: :woo:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :woo: :biggrin:

Told you, you could do it :h:

Spoiler

Woo... finally got those two job applications in... they've been hanging around for far too long. I have basically obliterated my to do list except for one thing that isn't urgent at all. Haven't really looked at my masters data this evening but I had more important stuff to do, also, I spent all day on it - gimme a break!
Original post by natty_d
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :woo: :biggrin:

Told you, you could do it :h:

Spoiler

yesssss :awesome: Thank you :biggrin:

I can't wait :colone:
Original post by VanillaTwilight
You're not alone in that!

I said the exact same thing... 2 weeks in, and I just cannot motivate myself to do anything!

Although I'm trying to do some tutorial questions now, but it's too hard and I'm tired lol

Gawd no! It's too late at night for that - I can barely concentrate on keeping awake, nevermind reading uni work :biggrin:.

Had my first day back today and already I have a ton of reading. Luckily it's customary for the whole uni (well, at least Humanities :biggrin:) to have Wednesday free of classes since it's reserved for uni sports clubs :woo:. Library in the morning - I'm going get stuck into my dissertation, fun times!
Reply 168
Needed to write an outline for a fairy tale inspired movie and I completely forgot (it's till tomorrow) so I was brainstsorming for about 30 min and came up with 'Not another fairy tale movie' with a main character 'Princess Wendy Apple' and her pet octopus Squishy.

AND successfully passed first semester!!! :biggrin:
My attempts to do this report have failed essentially- I have a first sentence and thats it. It doesn't help I've no idea how to write one.
Reply 170
Finally finished said section. Just want 3,000-3,300 words down so I can start editing. I have perfected the plan for remaining sections however and am on 2,109. I wonder what the likelihood is of my writing some more before attending a 9am lecture..
Reply 171
- Attend lecture then tutorial 9-11
- Watch Virtual Lecture
- Get up to the word limit on my essay
- Make a plan for when to do the reading for each module that will be stuck to.

And my motivation to try and achieve this: I will give myself the evening off if I do.
Anyone done the national student survey yet? How long does it take to do?!
Suppose I should venture out in the cold to my 10am lecture, start as you mean to go on etc. Although the saving grace is we don't have seminars for that module this week, so only 2 hours of tedious boredom instead of 3.

:getmecoat:
Original post by somethingbeautiful
Gawd no! It's too late at night for that - I can barely concentrate on keeping awake, nevermind reading uni work :biggrin:.

Had my first day back today and already I have a ton of reading. Luckily it's customary for the whole uni (well, at least Humanities :biggrin:) to have Wednesday free of classes since it's reserved for uni sports clubs :woo:. Library in the morning - I'm going get stuck into my dissertation, fun times!

Haha I gave up in the end! I was shattered after labs, and then I just couldn't get my head around it haha, I done 2 questions and just went to bed lol. Oh well.

At least you get a day off!!! I need to trek all the way to uni for one damn tutorial today! :angry:
Reply 175
Even more annoyed with groupwork. Picked up the feedback, the things I did wrong are tiny and the other people have feedback like:

- Not proof reading their sections
- Not labelling figures
- Inconsistencies within their own section
- Not enough justification
- Not referencing (Seriously, were they trying to get us done for plagiarism?! And this is 2nd year!)
Time to evacuate the computer room I'm in. The most irritating person in the world has just come in.... her voice *rips out hair*
Right, today is my completley free day, I'm being a bit naughty and going to the cinema in the afternoon but I will work on my report in the evening. I did at least get a couple of sentences done last night so I think I've figured how to word it.
Reply 178
Original post by jelly1000

Original post by jelly1000
Right, today is my completley free day, I'm being a bit naughty and going to the cinema in the afternoon but I will work on my report in the evening. I did at least get a couple of sentences done last night so I think I've figured how to word it.

I'm still in bed :awesome:
Original post by natty_d
I'm still in bed :awesome:

I'm not dressed atm :redface:

Latest

Trending

Trending