The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Glad I saw this thread, used it during A Levels and struggling to motivate myself to do revision at Uni.

Let the Revision Begin. :smile: (Hopefully lol )
Reply 1821
Original post by AnnaChristina
Have gotten a good deal of work done on the mini-dissertation in the past two days. But the computer rooms at uni (where I do all my best thinking!) are closed until Tuesday - not a happy bunny about this:angry:. The library is still open (bar Sunday) so the plan is to go in tomorrow and make an attempt to be productive there (I don't know what it is about the library, for some reason I just cannot seem to focus properly there??? Here's hoping tomorrow will be different.)

I'd have thought the library would be more likely to close than computer labs, mad.
Havn't done any work in the last 3 days, going to try and stay all night and get some work done!!
Original post by jelly1000
Right now I'm wondering how on earth people can remember academics names for the exams.

I have 3 decades of research papers to learn for one of my modules and that's also the part I struggle with most :fuhrer:
Original post by Oldboy5745
I have 3 decades of research papers to learn for one of my modules and that's also the part I struggle with most :fuhrer:

Ouch don't envy you.
Why is the library closed? :cry: Why do we get no mail? :cry: Please don't let costa be closed too. :puppyeyes:
Is it bad that I've never taken a book out of the library?
So I've come home and had some sleep after only having 5 hours over 2 days. I have small sections of my lab reports to finish and I'm done. Only problem is now that I'm home, I've lost the amazing amount of motivation I've had over the last few days to get them done. FML :sigh:

All I seem to want to do is go for a walk in the sun with the dog or go and see the bf (now I'm not 250 miles from his house anymore)
(edited 12 years ago)
Yes, I'm going to have to man up and get some motivation now I'm at home. When my sister goes to work at 4 I'm going to hide in the second lounge (yes, we have two lounges!) and then get on with my dissertation, hopefully where people won't come and interrupt me.
Original post by Aemiliana
Why is the library closed? :cry: Why do we get no mail? :cry: Please don't let costa be closed too. :puppyeyes:

Why is the library closed? :laugh:
going to try and focus on one my 1st semester modules and somehow try and revise as much for the next 2 days.
Going to read the Stanford Encyclopedia (not all of it mind! :biggrin:) and then I'm going to attempt to write my dissertation - so far all I've done is read, read and read.
Reply 1832
My uni have invented Easter Tuesday!
I shall be making use of this thread alotttttttttttt more when I actually go back to uni. Tryna get this transfer stuff sorted out first, so long :sigh:
Okay, so far I have 38/10,000 words on my dissertation. It's a start....but those 38 are actually a quote. :cookie:

Now I'm going to reference it which will be a few more words - oooo getting into the 40's!!
Original post by somethingbeautiful
Okay, so far I have 38/10,000 words on my dissertation. It's a start....but those 38 are actually a quote. :cookie:

Now I'm going to reference it which will be a few more words - oooo getting into the 40's!!

What's your disse on?
Working on the Wildlife Conservation coursework 2

4000 to write
1000 down

3000 to go
Lazy college senior describes my academic life too well atm

My lecturer wants us to do optional assessments for biochem

Original post by hwalusimo1
I shall be making use of this thread alotttttttttttt more when I actually go back to uni. Tryna get this transfer stuff sorted out first, so long :sigh:

How come you're transferring? :smile:

Writing a presentation. I HATE presentations :frown: I never feel like I know what I'm talking about any more than the people in front of me.
And I swear time slows down when you're doing speaking, 15 minutes becomes 15 hours...

Anyone got any tips?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by GingerGoat
How come you're transferring? :smile:

I'm just not happy at my current uni and it has affected how I've done this year. Moving to a different uni to retake my 2nd year :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending