The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BeyondandAbove
I think it might work with essays where you actually don't need to evaluate and discuss the data you gathered in your lab. :p: That is the most stressful part because usually the data always ends up being wrong. :sigh:

Yes! It's so annoying when your results that you obtained make no sense when you "attempt" to do calculations, cause the answers you get are way off mark. And then you sit there going "hmm what the **** do I do now?" :rolleyes:
Original post by VanillaTwilight
Yes! It's so annoying when your results that you obtained make no sense when you "attempt" to do calculations, cause the answers you get are way off mark. And then you sit there going "hmm what the **** do I do now?" :rolleyes:

Exactly. We usually get all the data from all the people/groups who/which attended the lab - in an excel file sorted by the teacher.
Now... I think this is really great, but it is annoying if sorts them in such a way that you have to spend hours resorting and adjusting them just for the data to make some more sense! And to be able to plug it into SPSS (horrible, horrible programme).

Other than that I'll try to start everything earlier for the next two years. I made a 20 pound bet I'd finish my dissertation by Christmas when I'm in fourth year. :p:
I'm incredibly sleepy. So far I've done 200 words today. Need another 800 before I meet my target today :yawn:. I'm taking a break rather than a) napping or b) having coffee, since I always feel worse after naps and coffee really is not good for me.

Cannot wait for this dissertation to be over with :hmpf:.
Exactly. We usually get all the data from all the people/groups who/which attended the lab - in an excel file sorted by the teacher.
Now... I think this is really great, but it is annoying if sorts them in such a way that you have to spend hours resorting and adjusting them just for the data to make some more sense! And to be able to plug it into SPSS (horrible, horrible programme).

Other than that I'll try to start everything earlier for the next two years. I made a 20 pound bet I'd finish my dissertation by Christmas when I'm in fourth year. :p:

I know what you mean! Has happened to me plenty of times.

I always say that at the start of every year (through high school & uni) and to this day I still leave everything to the last min!
(edited 12 years ago)
I think it might work with essays where you actually don't need to evaluate and discuss the data you gathered in your lab. :p: That is the most stressful part because usually the data always ends up being wrong. :sigh:

I need to fly to Edinburgh. :smile:

Ohhh, from down south I'm guessing then? :colonhash: So you don't live abroad?
Original post by Crazy Paving
Ohhh, from down south I'm guessing then? :colonhash: So you don't live abroad?

I do. :ninja: English isn't my first language either. :colonhash:
I do. :ninja: English isn't my first language either. :colonhash:

Which country? :colonhash::ninja::colonhash:
Which country? :colonhash::ninja::colonhash:

Why this interrogation? :colonhash::colonhash::colonhash:
Germany :ninja: :colonhash::colonhash:
Why this interrogation? :colonhash::colonhash::colonhash:
Germany :ninja: :colonhash::colonhash:

It's what I do. :angry::angry::colonhash:

:colone:
It's what I do. :angry::angry::colonhash:

:colone:

I see. :colonhash::colonhash::angry::nothing:

Evil, interrogating forum user. :colonhash:
I see. :colonhash::colonhash::angry::nothing:

Evil, interrogating forum user. :colonhash:

Just a harmless lad really.
I could finish these biochem questions or drink my bottle of Glen's Vodka while listening to Gwen Stefani. :colonhash:

Vodka. :colonhash:
Just a harmless lad really.

:h: I figured. I still wonder why. :p: But I'm gonna settle with watching The Big Bang Theory instead. No more studying tonight. :colonhash:
:h: I figured. I still wonder why. :p: But I'm gonna settle with watching The Big Bang Theory instead. No more studying tonight. :colonhash:

I'm just curious when people live abroad. :holmes: Same :nothing: read...a page. :indiff:
I'm just curious when people live abroad. :holmes: Same :nothing: read...a page. :indiff:

Do you live abroad?

I read and made notes on 1.5 lectures. :nothing:
Do you live abroad?

I read and made notes on 1.5 lectures. :nothing:

Nah. :nope:

I'm feeling motivated to work, just...distracted. :colonhash:
Original post by badumdumtscht
I could finish these biochem questions or drink my bottle of Glen's Vodka while listening to Gwen Stefani. :colonhash:

Vodka. :colonhash:

I like your style. I haven't drank in 3 years but I could really do with a Jack and coke right now :colone:.

But alas, I shall venture forth into the depths of JSTOR and force myself to write more of my dissertation. Funnnn.
Nah. :nope:

I'm feeling motivated to work, just...distracted. :colonhash:

I shoud get started if I want my 4 As this semester. :colonhash:
What is distracting you?
Original post by somethingbeautiful
I like your style. I haven't drank in 3 years but I could really do with a Jack and coke right now :colone:.

But alas, I shall venture forth into the depths of JSTOR and force myself to write more of my dissertation. Funnnn.

Weirdly enough, I've only started drinking regularly since hell week. We'll see whether this was a retarded decision come exam results (or not). :awesome:

Go work nao. :colonhash:
I shoud get started if I want my 4 As this semester. :colonhash:
What is distracting you?

You. :sexface:

Latest

Trending

Trending