The Student Room Group

Any of you done an a-level in a 'less common' language?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Octopus_Garden
You'll be fine. I'm certain of it.

I AM NOT WHAT YOU THINK I AM :cry: I'll confirm this on results day :cry2:
A-Level biscuit baking :biggrin:.

I got an A.. my biscuits were a little bit burnt underneath :frown:.
Original post by ILovePancakes
A-Level biscuit baking :biggrin:.

I got an A.. my biscuits were a little bit burnt underneath :frown:.

Okey so you got an A in Flemish, that's nothing to frown upon.
Ik geef op. Ik ga naar bed.
Volgend jaar weer proberen.
A in Macedonian Studies, which includes a Macedonian language unit :smile:

Ij freek vác elsa dungho propat?
Original post by MSc0tt
A in Macedonian Studies, which includes a Macedonian language unit :smile:

Ij freek vác elsa dungho propat?

But that's not an A-level. :s-smilie:
Original post by Ronove
But that's not an A-level. :s-smilie:

No, it's an IAS (International Advanced Studies level). Equivalent to an A-level if you want to be persnickety.

The only other thread I found about it on here:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2006195
Original post by MSc0tt
No, it's an IAS (International Advanced Studies level). Equivalent to an A-level if you want to be persnickety.

The only other thread I found about it on here:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2006195

The fact that Google comes back with absolutely nothing on it or the place that purports to offer it according to that thread would say otherwise. When I say nothing, I mean Google literally cannot find the phrase 'International Advanced Studies level'. It sounds utterly bogus and not at all equivalent to an A-level. Show me a university that will accept it in place of one (or indeed that has heard of it, because I'm very skeptical of the idea that anyone but you, that other thread starter and the 'institution' that was supposedly offering the qualification and which cannot be found on the internet has heard of it).
Original post by Ronove
The fact that Google comes back with absolutely nothing on it or the place that purports to offer it according to that thread would say otherwise. When I say nothing, I mean Google literally cannot find the phrase 'International Advanced Studies level'. It sounds utterly bogus and not at all equivalent to an A-level. Show me a university that will accept it in place of one (or indeed that has heard of it, because I'm very skeptical of the idea that anyone but you, that other thread starter and the 'institution' that was supposedly offering the qualification and which cannot be found on the internet has heard of it).

Just found out that I was joking...
Original post by MSc0tt
Just found out that I was joking...

You just found out you were joking? The inside of your head must be fascinating.

Unless you mean I/everyone else 'just found out you were joking', in which case I only found out when you came out with that comment. Not really sure what part of it qualifies as a joke, though, or even which bit you're suggesting was a joke.
Original post by Ronove
You just found out you were joking? The inside of your head must be fascinating.

Unless you mean I/everyone else 'just found out you were joking', in which case I only found out when you came out with that comment. Not really sure what part of it qualifies as a joke, though, or even which bit you're suggesting was a joke.

I think I are mad with me.

Sorry, I have pro-noun retardation.

Christ, calm down it was an unfunny joke.

I'll just do what Lenny Henry does when his jokes bomb.

Katanga!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ronove

I wish you were my lawyer (should I ever need one!) :teehee:
My Dutch re-take will be on the 5th of June. Aprox 2 weeks after my German written exam.

Anyone else looking forward to getting this year's set of exams out of the way?

25 days to go...:biggrin:
Original post by thatitootoo
My Dutch re-take will be on the 5th of June. Aprox 2 weeks after my German written exam.

Moi.

L'Autriche a gagnè ! Over the Netherlands and France!

I'm not really looking forward to it - as soon as my last exam is done (hopefully the 18th or 19th of June), I then have over a month to go crazy while I wait to hear from Københavns Universitet...
Original post by Octopus_Garden
Moi.

L'Autriche a gagnè ! Over the Netherlands and France!

I googled her after all the headlines she was making here and elsewhere...she's certainly an unconventional beauty :wink: I'll jave to catch up on this Season after my exams :smile:
Original post by Ronove
I'm not really looking forward to it - as soon as my last exam is done (hopefully the 18th or 19th of June), I then have over a month to go crazy while I wait to hear from Københavns Universitet...

Hehehe well you certainly do desserve to let your hair down after all the hard work!
So are you coming to the UK on time for the grand Birthday von Mother Ronove? :redface: Forgot if the date is before your final exam :tongue:
Hehehe well you certainly do desserve to let your hair down after all the hard work!
So are you coming to the UK on time for the grand Birthday von Mother Ronove? :redface: Forgot if the date is before your final exam :tongue:

I meant crazy in the worst way possible. :tongue: I'm going to be a dribbling wreck, rocking myself in a corner for the entire month of July, I think.

Mum's birthday is 20th June, so as long as my Chemistry exam doesn't end up being on or after the 19th, it should all work out. :smile:
Original post by Ronove
I meant crazy in the worst way possible. :tongue: I'm going to be a dribbling wreck, rocking myself in a corner for the entire month of July, I think.

Mum's birthday is 20th June, so as long as my Chemistry exam doesn't end up being on or after the 19th, it should all work out. :smile:

:rofl: and randomly dabbling in several foreign languages? hahah sounds good to me! :tongue:
Good :} So when do you get the exam results?
Original post by ninah1995162
Heb je any tips for my for the A2 die ik overmorgen heb??

Meid! Hoe gaat het met je? :smile:

En heb je nou een A of en B gehaald voor Nederlands? :smile: There was a confusion about that the last time...:tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending