The Student Room Group

Any of you done an a-level in a 'less common' language?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Right
That can not be true, I learnt it and achieved an A-grade in it

It was a scam :frown: That A grade is not worth the certificate it was printed on, I'm afraid :lol:
Original post by thatitootoo
Not bad :cool:

At Uni? What level? :redface:

A-Level! :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheTechN1304
頑張ってください! If you put in the work you'll be fine!! I didn't find AS too much of a struggle. Time to bring on A2!!

Original post by BWCW
Let me know how it all goes! I miss it now. :frown:
頑張るよー

Thanks! I'll keep you updated if you like. I really want an A or an A* so I will work as hard as I can! At least I know what I want to do at university (Japanese), because otherwise I'd be even more confused about A-Level choices than I am now . . . ! :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought so...but then I thought you meant a one-off course in Japanese...since you said that you're "doing it next week" not "doing it FROM next week" - I read too much into things sometimes :colondollar:

That's an amazing A-level choice though! :cool:
I wish I could do alevel Korean but it doesn't exist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by missfats

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, it doesn't :frown: But they do have Urdu and Punjabi :smile: (I see you have a Pakistani flag) :tongue:
Reply 1126
Original post by Edminzodo
Thanks! I'll keep you updated if you like. I really want an A or an A* so I will work as hard as I can! At least I know what I want to do at university (Japanese), because otherwise I'd be even more confused about A-Level choices than I am now . . . ! :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please do keep us updated! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here, that would be amaaazing. :love:
Nope, it doesn't :frown: But they do have Urdu and Punjabi :smile: (I see you have a Pakistani flag) :tongue:

I don't have a Pakistani flag lolwut, (nor am I Pakistani).
It's the somalia flag.

There is gcse somali but not alevel somali :redface:. I'd get a free A* though aha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't have a Pakistani flag lolwut, (nor am I Pakistani).
It's the somalia flag.

There is gcse somali but not alevel somali :redface:. I'd get a free A* though aha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My bad! I had a glance of your profile and saw that one of your latest posts was in the "TSR Pakistani Society" so i just aasumed :colondollar:

Oh that must be new! Is it IGCSE? I do remember there being calls/campaigns to make Somali (and also Albanian), GCSE / AL subjects :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Biblical Hebrew perhaps :dontknow:
Really wish I had the linguistic capabilities to do another A-level language :frown:
Russian or Portuguese I would have loved to study, especially :moon:
Really wish I had the linguistic capabilities to do another A-level language :frown:
Russian or Portuguese I would have loved to study, especially :moon:

What's stopping you tootoo? :smile:
Original post by super_kawaii
What's stopping you tootoo? :smile:

:lol: Kawaiitje ist dabei! And I can't even do German at A-level! MFL learning just came at the wrong time of my life tbh :frown:
:lol: Kawaiitje ist dabei! And I can't even do German at A-level! MFL learning just came at the wrong time of my life tbh :frown:

Kawaiitje ist immer dabei! :colonhash:

You can do it tootoo!! It's never too late to learn a language :h:
Kawaiitje ist immer dabei! :colonhash:

You can do it tootoo!! It's never too late to learn a language :h:

Haha sie ist wirklich überal zu finden! xp And I guess so! If things go well this year, I might even choose to take a 'minor' language alongside German, when I'm at Uni! :biggrin:
Haha sie ist wirklich überal zu finden! xp And I guess so! If things go well this year, I might even choose to take a 'minor' language alongside German, when I'm at Uni! :biggrin:

Ooh, which language? Portuguese maybe? :P
Ooh, which language? Portuguese maybe? :P

Hmmmm Portuguese is directly related to French, and my insecurity of never having had the chance to learn French (the language everyone and their dog has learned at school), or indeed any Romance language, would get the better of me, and prevent me from picking it up (as I know I'll have more of a disadvantage than those who took French / Spanish / Italian A-level), I'd be more likely to go for Russian! ^^
(edited 9 years ago)
Hmmmm Portuguese is directly related to French, and my insecurity of never having had the chance to learn French (the language everyone and their dog has learned at school), or indeed any Romance language, would get the better of me, and prevent me from picking it up (as I know I'll have more of a disadvantage than those who took French / Spanish / Italian A-level), I'd be more likely to go for Russian! ^^

Isn't Russian really hard though, what with all the cases and all? Also you'll have to learn Cryllic which looks quite daunting (although I can't exactly talk, considering my degree choice)
Hey,
I did A level Dutch in June and ended up getting an A :biggrin:. I'm not from Holland but I've lived there for 10 years and then moved to London 5 years ago so I have forgotten some Dutch, I never would have thought I would get an A. Luckily most unis accept the A level Dutch as one of your 3 a levels!
Isn't Russian really hard though, what with all the cases and all? Also you'll have to learn Cryllic which looks quite daunting (although I can't exactly talk, considering my degree choice)

Да! I quite enjoy reading about the different languages of the world :moon: The alphabet is probably the easiest part! I've forgotten what the difference is between: 'ш' and 'щ' (been a while since I looked at Russian) lol

Original post by CuteMissJessica
Hey,
I did A level Dutch in June and ended up getting an A :biggrin:. I'm not from Holland but I've lived there for 10 years and then moved to London 5 years ago so I have forgotten some Dutch, I never would have thought I would get an A. Luckily most unis accept the A level Dutch as one of your 3 a levels!

Goed gedaan! :five: So you took the AS / A2 in 1 year? :smile: I'm not from Holland either (was born there though :rolleyes:)

Ik was ook blij verrast met mijn A! Ik
had echt nooit gedacht dat ik een A zou kunnen halen! lol

En ja, zolang je geen Nederlander bent, dan is er zeker geen probleem! (Bovendien zouden zelfs Nederlanders er moeite mee hebben - de A2 is echt moeilijk!)

Studeer je nu aan de universiteit? Of moet je je nog aanmelden? :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending