The Student Room Group

Why do you hate on Justin Bieber?

Scroll to see replies

Nothing against the kid, its more his fans that I cannot stand. Annoying, whining 14 years olds that couldn't actually give a **** about the music or the cliché messages, only his appearance. Also, he's a poster boy for everything that is wrong with the modern music industry. Bands and artists, far,far more talented don't have a inkling of the success that he had over night, even though they could of been trying to make it for 5 years.

Those charity things as well, although very generous, I guarantee you are publicity stunts as well as charitable donations - it reflects well upon him = increase in fans = increase in sales = $$$ for big record label companies. Anyone that doesn't see that (oblivious and hormonal teenage girls) are incredibly stupid.

Again, nothing against him, just what he's 'created'.
Reply 81
Original post by charlie9872
Nothing against the kid, its more his fans that I cannot stand. Annoying, whining 14 years olds that couldn't actually give a **** about the music or the cliché messages, only his appearance. Also, he's a poster boy for everything that is wrong with the modern music industry. Bands and artists, far,far more talented don't have a inkling of the success that he had over night, even though they could of been trying to make it for 5 years.

Those charity things as well, although very generous, I guarantee you are publicity stunts as well as charitable donations - it reflects well upon him = increase in fans = increase in sales = $$$ for big record label companies. Anyone that doesn't see that (oblivious and hormonal teenage girls) are incredibly stupid.

Again, nothing against him, just what he's 'created'.

I take your point. Today I saw an invitation to a Justin Bieber themed party (on the floor) that someone in year 9 was throwing.. but what Artists deserve more success?
I love little Justin, he pops, sparkles and buzzes at the same time. I love breaking out the dancing when Baby is on, you know.
I can't believe there are so many hateful people in the World, he epitomises Western music (Im from Sri Lanka)
Original post by Miracle Day
I take your point. Today I saw an invitation to a Justin Bieber themed party (on the floor) that someone in year 9 was throwing.. but what Artists deserve more success?

Depends entirely on your taste of music, but some of my mates are more talented in my eyes, and have much better voices - but I very much doubt will ever have the exposure as Usher isn't going to come and swoop them of their feet.
Reply 84
I don't like his music and the majority of his fans are just unbelievably annoying on Facebook and Twitter. Having said that, congrats to him for securing a record deal at his age. The charity work is also admirable - although that may not be 100% down to him.
Reply 85
Original post by Wise Tamil Guy
I love little Justin, he pops, sparkles and buzzes at the same time. I love breaking out the dancing when Baby is on, you know.
I can't believe there are so many hateful people in the World, he epitomises Western music (Im from Sri Lanka)

Awwhh that's nice :biggrin:
Hello TSR, this is probably not going to be a very popular thread but I guess I'd just like to see what you guys think, because I find it appauling.

So why do you guys hate on him?

I admire him for doing the publicity thing at his age, but I don't like anything else about him really... I just thought I'd point out that 'hate on him' is really bad grammer. :P
Original post by ThisLooksLikeFun:)
I admire him for doing the publicity thing at his age, but I don't like anything else about him really... I just thought I'd point out that 'hate on him' is really bad grammer. :P

Nice work there, completely contradict yourself.

*grammar
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 88
He can be annoying, but tbh I'd f*** him :wink:
Reply 89
Original post by ThisLooksLikeFun:)

I've already shown why it wasnt a publicity stunt, grammar* and hate on him is a perfectly legitimate sentence on the inernet. An act of where one shows hate towards someone, be it by calling them offensive names etc.
People hate people as they want to relieve stress or have something to talk about regardless of how inconsiderate it may be.

Most of the time peoples friends hate him, so they join in so not be the "bieber lover" or "outcast".
Well when there was the "Justin Bieber Craze" here, I was living in another country where he was totally unheard of and so I missed it all. When I did get back, the first thing I heard of him was an interview where he just came across as a self-obsessed, little git i.e. a regular 16 year old boy. So I don't hate him, I don't like his music, I just don't make it a part of my life with hatred too. He annoys me in the same way my 16 year old neighbour annoys me by blasting out his crappy music on the street, but with some things, it's just better to ignore them and hope they grow out of it.
I can't comment on Katy Perry, but I know Lady Gaga's done alot to raise awareness on Homosexuality and stuff.. "born this way" being the new gay anthem or whatever. And Justin Bieber's the most humble celebrity I've seen.

I'm not sure campaigning for awareness is entirely relevant here. Also following on from what I said, said people might just not be into pop music, like me.
So when a fan of music that might be deemed more creative see's a boy suddenly go from zero to world sensation with over the top fans, it just seems like another cack fad.
That's why people might not like him and/or his music,
Reply 93
Original post by thunder_chunky
I'm not sure campaigning for awareness is entirely relevant here. Also following on from what I said, said people might just not be into pop music, like me.
So when a fan of music that might be deemed more creative see's a boy suddenly go from zero to world sensation with over the top fans, it just seems like another cack fad.
That's why people might not like him and/or his music,

It happened after two years
Reply 94
Bump because the replies are interesting.

These were trending earlier, found them funny haha

Do I need a reason?

He f***ing annoys me
Reply 96
I absolutely despise the songwriting. That's what annoys me more than anything.

He's the product of marketing, not his own talent.
Reply 97
I lol'd at this

ROTFL
Reply 98
Some news I found on TwitterAbout a week ago an article appeared of a girl with terminal cancer whos gonna die soon. She's like 4. A charity set up a fake wedding for her and her dream was to meet him. So today he went to visit her, hence why Mrs Bieber is trending atm.

Why do you hate on him?
Reply 99
I'm actually in tears looking at the pics of that girl. And a local 15 year old died yesterday :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest