The Student Room Group

RBS Six Nations 2012 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

feeling its going to be a kicking game on saturday with Parks starting and a a lack of tries. What do Laidlaw and Weir have to do to get into the team?
Can't believe Parks is starting. Thought Weir or Laidlaw would have been a definite. Not keen on De Luca either.

Still confident Scotland will win but no doubt it will be a scrappy close game.
So very excited! Need to watch some rugby now, especially as I can't watch regional games at uni! :frown: Come on Wales! I think this year is going to be close! I just can't wait now! Let's get this thing on the road! xD
England Squad to face Scotland:

Ben Foden; Chris Ashton; Brad Barritt, Owen Farrell, David Strettle; Charlie Hodgson; Ben Youngs; Alex Corbisiero, Dylan Hartley, Dan Cole; Mouritz Botha, Tom Palmer; Tom Croft, Chris Robshaw (captain), Phil Dowson.

Replacements: Rob Webber, Matt Stevens, Geoff Parling, Ben Morgan, Lee Dickson, Jordan Turner-Hall, Mike Brown.
Reply 24
Original post by marcusmerehay
England Squad to face Scotland:

Ben Foden; Chris Ashton; Brad Barritt, Owen Farrell, David Strettle; Charlie Hodgson; Ben Youngs; Alex Corbisiero, Dylan Hartley, Dan Cole; Mouritz Botha, Tom Palmer; Tom Croft, Chris Robshaw (captain), Phil Dowson.

Replacements: Rob Webber, Matt Stevens, Geoff Parling, Ben Morgan, Lee Dickson, Jordan Turner-Hall, Mike Brown.

Only choice I'm not sure about is Hpdgson, although he's likely only there to keep the young Sarries in their place.

I'm hoping Lee Dickson gets a good long stint in the game.
Reply 25
SCOTLAND TO WIN THE CALCUTTA CUP! slash hoping ireland does well just due to the fact that i cant resist an irishman :wink:
Reply 26
Original post by Caitlin94
SCOTLAND TO WIN THE CALCUTTA CUP! slash hoping ireland does well just due to the fact that i cant resist an irishman :wink:

Don't think so!
Reply 27
Looking forward to this year's 6N! Reckon some shocks on the cards!!! Italy to finish above scotland???
Scotland to win nowt.
Reply 29
When Scotland play, we all play.
Agreed. Davies can go jump in a hole though.
It's not the 6N without Moore and Davies commentating! Can't wait for tomorrow. Come on Wales (for Sunday and for the campaign). Gonna be a good 6N i hope!
Reply 32
Original post by dreamyeyed
Can't believe Parks is starting. Thought Weir or Laidlaw would have been a definite. Not keen on De Luca either.

Still confident Scotland will win but no doubt it will be a scrappy close game.

De Luca is on fire for Embra, so it makes sense.

Original post by pinkpenguin
COME ON IRELAND!! Gonna be tough to watch a 6N without O'Driscoll :emo:

Can't call it. My opinion changes every day. I'll probably go for:

1. France
2. Ireland
3. England
4. Wales
5. Italy
6. Scotland

But it's tough to call - England may be brilliant, or they may utterly suck. Ditto France. Ireland and Wales are rocked by injuries, and could be brilliant on their day. Italy proved last year they can beat the best and Scotland are consistently red herrings for a number of teams.

Can't wait :teeth:

Original post by Keelo
Looking forward to this year's 6N! Reckon some shocks on the cards!!! Italy to finish above scotland???

Original post by KingGoonIan
Scotland to win nowt.

Thanks for the motivation lads; have you seen England's record at Murrayfield in the past 6 years? :wink:
Reply 33
Come on Ireland!
Original post by Hylean
Come on Wales!

Yes, looking forward to a big win Saturday for us :colondollar:
Reply 35
Original post by Gob Bluth
Yes, looking forward to a big win Saturday for us :colondollar:

:no: None of that. Wales will lose to Ireland when they finally play and all will be well with the world.
Original post by Hylean
:no: None of that. Ireland will lose to Wales when they finally play and all will be well with the world.

Definitely :colone:
Original post by QwentyJ

Thanks for the motivation lads; have you seen England's record at Murrayfield in the past 6 years? :wink:

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: :rolleyes:

In my defence. I've consistently changed my mind about how Scotland are going to do and how this Six Nations is gonna pan out.

I genuinely cannot call it. Tomorrow or the tournament.
Reply 38
Original post by pinkpenguin
:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: :rolleyes:

In my defence. I've consistently changed my mind about how Scotland are going to do and how this Six Nations is gonna pan out.

I genuinely cannot call it. Tomorrow or the tournament.

It's the same as ever. For the Home Nations, Scotland are dead last. First place is probably a toss-up between Ireland and Wales, with England somewhere in between. Can't wait for Sunday :biggrin:
France to beat Italy
Scotland to beat England
Ireland to beat Wales

I'm Welsh and I want Wales to beat Ireland - I believe if we do, we'll beat Scotland as usual, go into Twickenham full of confidence, beat England, beat Italy, and beat France in the grand slam decider in Cardiff. I think that Wales are the better side out of the two (proved by the WC quarter final), but I think the injuries/home advantage are too much for Wales to overcome.

Also, I don't see how England can beat Scotland - they have a captain winning his second cap, an amateur coach on the international stage, three players making their debut, and an awful fly-half. England haven't won at Murrayfield since 2004 - to me, this doesn't look like the team that's going to turn that around.

Quick Reply

Latest