The Student Room Group

Midwifery help

Hi,
this is my first time posting on here, so i dont know if ive posted this in the right section. My problem is that I dont know if i have the right qualifications to get onto a midwifery course. I would like to study it at either Cardiff, glamorgan or swansea.

Im already on a sport studies course with UWN, but i dont feel asthough its the right course for me, and ive always wanted to be a midwife/nurse. My qualifications are BTEC national Diploma in sport 3x distinction and an A level in IT which was a merit.

Ive also got c's or above in all my GCSE's including maths, science and english. The problem that i think is that i did a sport course, but it did have a lot of anatomy and physiology involved and was very health related.

any help will be great, please dont rip into me:smile:
Reply 1
anybody?
Reply 2
I'd head over to http://www.studentmidwife.net/ really friendly community dedicated to just midwifery/nursing and generally gets more indepth replies then TSR.

Although I cant really help with the question exactly myself as im not familar with the universities, I know that your ND doesnt have to be in H&SC and that childcare often sufficies (but conditionals usually have a slightly higher UCAS points requirements then H&SC) but if this is the same for sport im not sure, i'd just ring up admissions and ask if they accept it, that way you can also get a general idea of how they feel about it and what grades there looking for, if not, I suppose it would be down to doing an access course for a year :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest