Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

University Gym

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

i've been looking around the forum, but from the threads and posts i saw i couldn't find a definite answer to my question, how much is it per year to use the weights area in the university gym? (including membership fee)

thanks x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    These were the costs for 2011/2012 - bare in mind it might change the next academic year.

You'll need to join Warwick Sport which is a £49 fee for the academic year.

Then you will have to pay £40 on top of that to use the Strength and Conditioning Room (the weights room which includes Olympic barbells, lifting platforms, squat racks, benches and others).

So a total of £89.

But if you want to be able to use the fitness suite (Running Bear Fitness Suite) too which includes a ridiculous host of machines and elliptical trainers, rowing machines, treadmills, then you'll have to pay £99 which will include access to the Strength and Conditioning Room.

So there are two options: £49 - Warwick Sport joining fee plus a) £40 to use only the S&C room or b) £99 to use the S&C room and the Fitness Bear Suite.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    We should mention that the strength & conditioning room always has the door open, so you can pretty much use it for free if you want.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Are there definitely squat racks, benches etc? - as that's very important to me
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mellyssa)
    These were the costs for 2011/2012 - bare in mind it might change the next academic year.

You'll need to join Warwick Sport which is a £49 fee for the academic year.

Then you will have to pay £40 on top of that to use the Strength and Conditioning Room (the weights room which includes Olympic barbells, lifting platforms, squat racks, benches and others).

So a total of £89.

But if you want to be able to use the fitness suite (Running Bear Fitness Suite) too which includes a ridiculous host of machines and elliptical trainers, rowing machines, treadmills, then you'll have to pay £99 which will include access to the Strength and Conditioning Room.

So there are two options: £49 - Warwick Sport joining fee plus a) £40 to use only the S&C room or b) £99 to use the S&C room and the Fitness Bear Suite.
    Your scholarship programs for sport cover those costs? I remember asking at open day and I am pretty sure the answer was yes but just to confirm. :3
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DymentriX)
    Are there definitely squat racks, benches etc? - as that's very important to me
    Yes (with respect to power cages and benches), along with an Oly platform, so you can enjoy rippletoad's squatting strength to your heart's content. In all seriousness though, it's fairly well equipped, although it can get crowded.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by powermanchu)
    Yes (with respect to power cages and benches), along with an Oly platform, so you can enjoy rippletoad's squatting strength to your heart's content. In all seriousness though, it's fairly well equipped, although it can get crowded.
    wow, so cool to hear this. i wouldnt anywhere, where there is no decent gym
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a picture?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DymentriX)
    Does anyone have a picture?
    http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/s...re/facilities/

There might be some photos around on this website
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong (I didn't rejoin the gym this year), but I thought all the weights now got moved to the main gym (the running bear fitness suite) and the conditioning room is now just for conditioning?
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt2k8)
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong (I didn't rejoin the gym this year), but I thought all the weights now got moved to the main gym (the running bear fitness suite) and the conditioning room is now just for conditioning?
    Nah bro. The weights room has all the same stuff - Two squat racks, two benches, olly platform, dip rack. Nothing has been moved.

Gets busy as fook around 4-6pm, but fairly quiet outside of those times. Sundays are normally desolate.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Nah bro. The weights room has all the same stuff - Two squat racks, two benches, olly platform, dip rack. Nothing has been moved.

Gets busy as fook around 4-6pm, but fairly quiet outside of those times. Sundays are normally desolate.

(Original post by powermanchu)
    So would you guys say the University Gym is well equipped from a weight lifting perspective? Would you happen to know what the heaviest dumbbells are?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 1, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.