Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Favourite quote of all time?

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whatever_x)
    A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend.
    and a successful woman is one who finds this kind of a man
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    ^ Lol

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    "If we are alone, it would be an awful waste of space."
    Carl Sagan
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    'Everyone wants to be Cary Grant, even Cary Grant wants to be Cary Grant.'

Cary Grant
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Through every dark night there's a brighter day - Tupac Shakur
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    "A satisfied customer, Sibil? We ought to have him stuffed".
    -Basil Fawlty
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    "Crying is all right in its own way while it lasts. But you have to stop sooner or later, and then you still have to decide what to do."
    -C.S Lewis
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    "Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game!"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    "life's not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain"

"you can learn more about a person from how they act in times of great sadness than any other time" - my re teacher said that to me one time when I was being bullied, (quite badly.. Few death threats. All because I stopped bothering with this group of girls because I did not like drugs, drinking and promiscuity!). I didn't retaliate to any of this despite how much it was hurting me, and my teachers words to me at that time meant so much. It uplifted me at a time that my life felt so bleak. It made me think that the world saw me the same as my teacher, and those girls were only helping me to become a stronger person. So, yeah, deep personal meaning in that last one. Sorry for the life story ;-)

Editing because of the auto correct on my phone!
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaylax3)
    "life's not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain"

"you can learn more about a person from how they act in times of great sadness than any other time" - my re teacher said that to me one time when I was being bullied, (quite badly.. Few death threats. All because I stopped bothering with this group of girls because I did not like drugs, drinking and promiscuity!). I didn't retaliate to any of this despite how much it was hurting me, and my teachers words to me at that time meant so much. It uplifting really at a time that my life felt so bleak. It made me think that the world saw me the same as my teacher, and those girls were only helping me to become a stronger person. So, yeah, deep personal meaning in that last one. Sorry for the life story ;-)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wanted to thumbs up, but have run out for today.
    Have a cool smiley instead! :yeah:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Im coolin' wid my youngersss, and what we smoke is 100...but man im 300 click clack pow now he running #bangbang
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    "fighting for peace is like ****ing for chastity". Stephen King
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    ''All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Gandalf
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    "I'm not on the child pedophile register, at least not yet!" Mark Corrigan from peep show :lol:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    But here's what gives me a hard-on:
    I am a tiny, insignificant, ignorant bit of carbon.
    - Tim Minchin

• 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know it's overused, but that's only because it's such an excellent mantra - I can't think of an aspect of life it doesn't apply to. And, given recent events, I think it should be remembered:

"I hated every minute of training, but I said: 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life a champion.'"

Muhammad Ali.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.' - Worstward Ho, Samuel Beckett

'Sanity is not statistical.' - Nineteen Eighty-Four, George Orwell
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    "I shall call him 'Squishy,' and he shall be mine, and he shall be my Squishy."
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chikane)
    “Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.” - unknown

''When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."
    - Harriet Beecher Stowe

I love quotes on never giving up, because it helped me when i felt there was no hope.
    :yep: I agree.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm just the crazy slut with a dead husband HAHAHAHAHA **** YOU!!! - Tiffany Maxwell (Silver Linings Playbook)

Actually, the whole film / anything Jennifer Lawrence says.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 20, 2013
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered Chat threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.