The Student Room Group

2012 Subject Choice Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by /\NDY
I talked to the head of maths at my school yesterday and he says he'll take me for 3 periods a week, so not self-taught anymore :biggrin:

Will you do statistics or mechanics ?

Next year I'm doing AH Maths, AH Chemistry, AH biology and crashing higher physics
Well, if I get all the results I want, which I won't have because I've failed Maths

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I am planning to do:

AH Maths
H Admin
Crash H Human Bio

And want to do a social subject because i havent got one, but i don't know which i should take. These are my choices:

H History
H Modies
H RMPS

I did History in SG but hated it so i don't think i should take it unless its necessary. The other two i have not done before. SLightly swaying towards Modies becuase i want to do business at uni so that would maybe be closer.Thinking of RMPS, people have said its interesting but heard that the other two have better rep, so which should i go for?
Reply 102
Original post by Shengis14
Will you do statistics or mechanics ?

Stats, don't think my school does mechanics.
Original post by animelover123
I am planning to do:

AH Maths
H Admin
Crash H Human Bio

And want to do a social subject because i havent got one, but i don't know which i should take. These are my choices:

H History
H Modies
H RMPS

I did History in SG but hated it so i don't think i should take it unless its necessary. The other two i have not done before. SLightly swaying towards Modies becuase i want to do business at uni so that would maybe be closer.Thinking of RMPS, people have said its interesting but heard that the other two have better rep, so which should i go for?

I'm doing Modies next year, but only because I like the modies teachers and hate the History ones. I'd do the one you think is most interesting. Look at the courses.
Original post by TheFOMaster
I'm doing Modies next year, but only because I like the modies teachers and hate the History ones. I'd do the one you think is most interesting. Look at the courses.

Going back to school, and being told what is included in the RMPS course, i am very keen on doing it now! :biggrin: It seems interesting and unique, learn about the big bang and Buddhist views and stuff like that. I think i have made up my mind. Besides, can i really stand a year of British History and boring old politics? After going back to school, i think my answer is no.

Thanks anyway !
Original post by animelover123
Going back to school, and being told what is included in the RMPS course, i am very keen on doing it now! :biggrin: It seems interesting and unique, learn about the big bang and Buddhist views and stuff like that. I think i have made up my mind. Besides, can i really stand a year of British History and boring old politics? After going back to school, i think my answer is no.

Thanks anyway !

:biggrin: I probably would've taken RMPS had it been in the same column as The other Social Sciences xD
H Maths
H English
H Physics
H Graphics
H Art

:smile:
People who have just started Higher English, do you know what texts you are studying? :smile:
6th Year:

AH Chemistry
AH Biology
AH Maths
H Physics
H English

Think its doable?
(edited 11 years ago)
H English
H Maths
H Chemistry
H Geography