The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Stranksy
Unless you live in that country, yes, it is none of your business.

The Nazi regime in Germany killed millions of people because they were Jewish. But we shouldn't have done anything about it should we because it was none of our business? Your an idiot.
Jacques Derrida
*******s!

have you anything more constructive to say, or does basic debating etiquette elude you today?
Reply 42
Mr.Chavez
have you anything more constructive to say, or does basic debating etiquette elude you today?

- today

And, yes, it does.
Rusty33
- today

And, yes, it does.

did you notice i rhymed? :smile:
Reply 44
Mr.Chavez
did you notice i rhymed? :smile:

Haha, we should start a rhyming society for replying.
Reply 45
Mr.Chavez

What more do I have to say on the matter? If the elections in Iran were fair, I've got a lambourgini made out of eggs.
Jacques Derrida
What more do I have to say on the matter? If the elections in Iran were fair, I've got a lambourgini made out of eggs.

THe process may be unfair by our high standards, but when compared to ther est of the world it was extremely fair. Heck, compared to Saudi Arabia and other nations WE in the west support it was fair.

The ruling clerics barred some candidates from running yes. But in the end there was still the choice between hard liners and more liberal leaders.
And the people chose the hardliner.
with over 63% of the eligible voters turning out (yes women are barred, but they are in a great deal of countries, and only gained the vote in relatively recent times in the west)
its pretty sound.

just because we don't like it, doesn't make it ineligible.

I particulary find some comments both unuseful and provocative like this...

"Mr Bush said the US was united with the people of Iran when they stood up for freedom."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4100476.stm

i.e. you start a revolution and we'll support you.
we know how that went for the Shia and Kurds of Iraq the last time a Bush came out with that sort of banter now don't we.
Reply 47
Mr.Chavez
THe process may be unfair by our high standards, but when compared to ther est of the world it was extremely fair. Heck, compared to Saudi Arabia and other nations WE in the west support it was fair.

The ruling clerics barred some candidates from running yes. But in the end there was still the choice between hard liners and more liberal leaders.
And the people chose the hardliner.
with over 63% of the eligible voters turning out (yes women are barred, but they are in a great deal of countries, and only gained the vote in relatively recent times in the west)
its pretty sound.

just because we don't like it, doesn't make it ineligible.

I particulary find some comments both unuseful and provocative like this...

"Mr Bush said the US was united with the people of Iran when they stood up for freedom."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4100476.stm

i.e. you start a revolution and we'll support you.
we know how that went for the Shia and Kurds of Iraq the last time a Bush came out with that sort of banter now don't we.

We sure do.
http://www.purplefingerforfreedom.org/
Reply 48
gas_panic!
The Nazi regime in Germany killed millions of people because they were Jewish. But we shouldn't have done anything about it should we because it was none of our business? Your an idiot.

Well, by that token; Why is no one doing anything about the UK and America? Because thats were both our countries are heading. Dont believe me? Why don't you check out the laws passed and compare them to Hitlers laws.

patriot act > enabling act
homeland security > gestapo

etc

i was referring to the tens of thousands slaughtered post-gulf war.
as opposed to the thousands slaughtered post-saddams fall.

I'm sure the slaughtered and maimed would/will be really grateful for pictures of some yanks giving the fingers in 'support' :smile:
Stranksy
Well, by that token; Why is no one doing anything about the UK and America? Because thats were both our countries are heading. Dont believe me? Why don't you check out the laws passed and compare them to Hitlers laws.

patriot act > enabling act
homeland security > gestapo

etc

Straws, At, Clutching.

Do you think its right what has happend to this girl?
You don't think people should criticise?
Reply 51
gas_panic!
Straws, At, Clutching.

Do you think its right what has happend to this girl?
You don't think people should criticise?

Do you think its right that while we live in luxury, millions die of starvation in Africa, and other places round the world, form poverty WE have driven them into?

As i said before, yes its sad what happened to the girl, but that is Irans law system. America has lots of problems, and should deal with itself before stepping over into yet another country.
Reply 52
Stranksy
Do you think its right that while we live in luxury, millions die of starvation in Africa, and other places round the world, form poverty WE have driven them into?

Boo Hoo. Donate your material possessions, and join the Peace Corp. Hypocrite.

Stranksy
As i said before, yes its sad what happened to the girl, but that is Irans law system. America has lots of problems, and should deal with itself before stepping over into yet another country.

Yeah, good thing we didn't the 30's and 40's, right? (BTW, I hate using this analogy. But, I also hate dealing with Hypocrites such as yourself.)
Reply 53
Mr.Chavez
i was referring to the tens of thousands slaughtered post-gulf war.
as opposed to the thousands slaughtered post-saddams fall.

I'm sure the slaughtered and maimed would/will be really grateful for pictures of some yanks giving the fingers in 'support' :smile:

Wasn't referring to the Yanks. Was referring to the Iraqi people who voted for the first time in their lives.

In retrospect, I am very grateful for the men and women who died in the American Revolution to give me the chances I have today. Granted there are different circumstances but the end goal is the same: Democracy. You have to start somewhere.

Latest

Trending

Trending