The Student Room Group

British Biology Olympiad 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Besakt
There was some person from my school a couple of years ago who got onto the international level then decided to do Music at university. Biology teachers were not pleased.

thats pretty funny. something similar happens with practically all the other olympiads though. Usually the really good mathematicians make the finals of the phy and chem olympiads, and make the team but elect to do maths at uni. But they cant do that with biology :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by ilovechuckandsarah
I got a gold and i know above 60 but thats all so far. I would like to make the second round. Ive been told the boundary is 54 for a gold

Please can you say how you accessed your results? :smile: I heard they were meant to come out yesterday but they're not posted on the website and I can't log-in to the account I made when taking the test :s-smilie:
Aha I got 35 and apparently that's a commended, better than I expected aha!

What about everyone else??
Reply 23
Original post by Raw Shark
Please can you say how you accessed your results? :smile: I heard they were meant to come out yesterday but they're not posted on the website and I can't log-in to the account I made when taking the test :s-smilie:

I forgot my log in details crap. :frown:
Reply 24
Pretty sure I got at least 80% right, but am never totally certain because it's multiple choice and I could have made some silly mistakes in places.

Now I wish I did biology for A-level...
Reply 25
Original post by mike2niner4
Aha I got 35 and apparently that's a commended, better than I expected aha!

What about everyone else??

Did you get told in school or was it there when you logged in?
Original post by Besakt
Did you get told in school or was it there when you logged in?

I got an email from my teacher earlier today who told me...
Reply 27
Original post by mike2niner4
I got an email from my teacher earlier today who told me...

Oh! Knowing my teacher he is probably sitting at home eating laughing at my mark. :redface:
Original post by Raw Shark

my teacher emailed me my result. It would nice if the biology olympiad just released all the results straight away
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Zhy
Pretty sure I got at least 80% right, but am never totally certain because it's multiple choice and I could have made some silly mistakes in places.

Now I wish I did biology for A-level...

i was hoping to break 70, but i know i made a few silly mistakes, i reckon a minimum mark of 59 for round 2. Any other guesses? I would also like to know the top mark overall
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 30
i did ****. My memory is terrible all the AS stuff that came up i couldnt remember so id say stuff ive actually covered resently which was in the test was about 5-10% most of the test is on the next unit in my biology. I predict myself maybe 10 if that :s-smilie:. I had not a clue on all the genetics , plants , ecology haha.
Original post by Besakt
Nope did it on the 8th, expecting some pretty terrible results. :redface: What about you?

yay 67 :smile:
"Thanks to some of the BBO volunteers offering their time to carry out the marking, all students who have been awarded a Gold medal are invited to take the Round 2 paper. The relevant schools will be sent a copy of the paper over the next few days."

so i guess the cutoff for round two is 54 then...
Reply 33
"Thanks to some of the BBO volunteers offering their time to carry out the marking, all students who have been awarded a Gold medal are invited to take the Round 2 paper. The relevant schools will be sent a copy of the paper over the next few days."

so i guess the cutoff for round two is 54 then...

I get my results tomorrow morning, I really want to do well, or at the very least get top in my year/school. I am extremely competitive.
Reply 34
Hoping I'll get mine today but I bet my teacher will forget about it! I spent most of the 2 hours guessing, it was quite hard. :frown: Bet I'll have 20 or below!...
Reply 35
got a commended :smile:
Reply 36
[INDENT]
I got a gold and i know above 60 but thats all so far. I would like to make the second round. Ive been told the boundary is 54 for a gold

Damn I got 52 just missed out on gold :doh:
Reply 37
I'm in year 12 and got a gold! =D 62 I think...

Anyway I was wondering if anyone had any round II papers? My school only entered for the first time this year and have none, and I couldn't find any online. =/ I'd really love it if I could see one to choose whether to enter this year or not!

Cheers
Got a gold and through to round 2 :smile:

Very surprised as I thought it went awful!
I got a gold, which was very suprising considering I guessed most of the answers. XD. Anyway there is no chance i will make it through round two coz its not multiple choice (is it?). LOL.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending