The Student Room Group

FP1 Jan 2012 Edexcel - Post exam discussion - Solutions and paper in first post

Scroll to see replies

Original post by silent pain
grade boundary predictions
100ums-75
90 ums-68
80 ums-63

Harder than last years? Or easier? Your opinion?
Reply 21
easiest exam so far
Reply 22
For question 7b how many marks will I loose if i did not use n=3 in my inductive step. I just did n=1

I used n=2 too**
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 23
For question 9 (c)
I got the y coordinate 6/p +6/q that's the same as (6/p+q) right? I only used 6/p + 6/q because the question said SINGLE fractions...

And I used xy=9 --> x=9/y [y] is that alright?
Reply 24
did you have the label the new vertices of the triangle? ie did you have to say a' is... b' is.... or could you just write down the new vertices?
Reply 25
Original post by Az_016
did you have the label the new vertices of the triangle? ie did you have to say a' is... b' is.... or could you just write down the new vertices?

I think having just the coordinates is fine..
Reply 26
Original post by Shahman123
I think having just the coordinates is fine..

lol thanks. just kinda getting annoyed at the stupid marks i lose in maths exams
Original post by theseeker

Much easeir no thinking at all required,,however iam speaking for myself,there was this other candidate who had four questions wrong,so he wud considerably bring grafe boundareies low:wink:
Reply 28
Original post by Az_016
lol thanks. just kinda getting annoyed at the stupid marks i lose in maths exams

Trust me I know how you feel, today I finished early and decided to check my answer to 4 (e) and I had it right the first time but when I was checking it I did spot a mistake although it didn't affect my answer... but then when changing my working for the area of T I did (1*3)/2= 2 so I thought 1*3= 4

Now that's appalling! :mad:
Original post by Jian_Earle
For question 7b how many marks will I loose if i did not use n=3 in my inductive step. I just did n=1

I used n=2 too**

maximum 1 mark,u might not even loose it
Reply 30
Original post by silent pain
maximum 1 mark,u might not even loose it

Why would you ever need to test n=3 in a recurrence relation like that?
In the textbook unless its a Un+2 recurrence style question they only ever test to n=2 and in every previous mark scheme they only ever test to n=1 no matter what. I highly doubt you would lose any marks here.
Original post by Darkarium
Why would you ever need to test n=3 in a recurrence relation like that?
In the textbook unless its a Un+2 recurrence style question they only ever test to n=2 and in every previous mark scheme they only ever test to n=1 no matter what. I highly doubt you would lose any marks here.

probably,its the book which requires you to show the step
Reply 32
Original post by Arsey
Model solutions attached.

Fairly standard paper, perhaps marginally more difficult than standard.

Just come in pist. This cheered me up, hopefully I've done enough to get a 90+ ums in this exam. I think to get the area of t'' I did Qr * coordinate matrice of T and then did 0.5(2*6) or something, would that still get the marks?

Also thanks again for the upload, I've checked your mark schemes for C3, C4, D1, and FP1 now.
Reply 33
Expecting 100/100, the paper couldn't have been any easier.
Reply 34
Original post by theseeker

I had only practiced the june 2011 paper, so don't have much idea about the past papers but this exam was extremely easy.
guys i forgot to do the newton raphson twice..i did only once how many points will i lose??
Original post by NickApollon
guys i forgot to do the newton raphson twice..i did only once how many points will i lose??

probably two
ok thnx
Reply 38
Original post by Legendary
I did the same thing! Also would I get full marks for using implicit differentiation on the line questions?

and possible grade boundaries? :biggrin:

Yes, it is allowed to use implicit differentiation.
86ums-how much would it be from 75 according to the boundaries??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending