The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Exam resits...

So got one of my marks back today and turned out I got 39% in one, aka a fail. Can someone help me with resits, as apparently according to the student sytem you can be excluded from doing a resit? how does this work? and the £75 fee, does that cover all exams or just one?
Reply 1
To pass the year you have to satisfy all of the following:

1) Overall average greater or equal to 40%,
2) No course with mark less than 30%.

So, if you have 39% in one subject, but other marks are fine, that does not require resit.

P.S What course do you study? You´ve got the results so early...
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
In my school, the fee applies to one individual unit only.
What year are you in? Are you sure you are happy with your course as I have a friend that was not passing the law exams and I asked are you sure you are happy etc. cut the story short failed resist etc but now studies a different course and now gets better grades.
Reply 4
tillytots
So got one of my marks back today and turned out I got 39% in one, aka a fail. Can someone help me with resits, as apparently according to the student system you can be excluded from doing a resit? how does this work? and the £75 fee, does that cover all exams or just one?

I believe the following applies, but please consult your undergraduate handbook or speak to the relevant member of staff for more details.

- No mark can fall below 30%.
- You must average 40% across all modules in a given year.

This means in any given year if a mark drops below 30% then it may be 'compensated' by marks in other modules. You will find out if your mark was compensated when the results are released on the student system.

£75 fee covers all resits I believe. So there is no difference in cost if you resit one exam or five exams.

I hope this helps.

Darren
Original post by tillytots

So got one of my marks back today and turned out I got 39% in one, aka a fail. Can someone help me with resits, as apparently according to the student sytem you can be excluded from doing a resit? how does this work? and the £75 fee, does that cover all exams or just one?

How did you find out about your exam results? Do we get an email, or a letter or what? No one has even said what date the results are coming on :s-smilie:
Reply 6
Original post by Origami Bullets
How did you find out about your exam results? Do we get an email, or a letter or what? No one has even said what date the results are coming on :s-smilie:

I got an email,but you can check under 'view my assignments' on student system and if they've been marked they will be there.

I've only ad one though. I don't think there's an official date as such.

I got an email,but you can check under 'view my assignments' on student system and if they've been marked they will be there.

I've only ad one though. I don't think there's an official date as such.

Thanks. Alas, no results yet!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending