The Student Room Group

Advanced Higher Physical Education

I was wondering if anybody on here had completed Advanced Higher Physical Education?
2012 will be the first year my school runs this course and I wondered if anybody could give me some background information on the course and if it would be beneficial for wanting to study Medicine? I've noticed that there is not many resources online or in the shops :frown:
Hi

I now this post was 9 years ago 😭😭however, if you do see this reply, could you advise weather you did take it and if so, what value did the University give it.

I am currently in the same position. I will be starting S6 in August this year and would like to study medicine at University. I found higher p.e to be quit easy in comparison to other higher hence I was thing about taking it into S6 as an Advanced Higher.

I would highly appreciated your opinion
Hi

I now this post was 9 years ago 😭😭however, if you do see this reply, could you advise weather you did take it and if so, what value did the University give it.

I am currently in the same position. I will be starting S6 in August this year and would like to study medicine at University. I found higher p.e to be quit easy in comparison to other higher hence I was thinking about taking it into S6 as an Advanced Higher.

I would highly appreciate your opinion
Reply 3
Literally in the same situation as well, do they consider it and is it beneficial to even take it? Plus, how was your result?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by helxg
Literally in the same situation as well, do they consider it and is it beneficial to even take it? Plus, how was your result?

My school isn’t even letting me take it.

I wanted to take Adv H Chemistry, Biology, English and P.E

I convinced them to let me take 3 Adv Highers but they just yelled at me when I said I want to take P.E too.
I’m trying to find a school that could send me the recourses online and I could do the project in my own time. If you do know a school that could help with this, please let me know 😭.

No harm doing another Adv Higher if you think you are capable, and if your school does let you, then do go ahead and do it.

I got 5 As at Higher in: English, Maths, Chemistry, Biology, P.E
Reply 5
Original post by Moali786
My school isn’t even letting me take it.

I wanted to take Adv H Chemistry, Biology, English and P.E

I convinced them to let me take 3 Adv Highers but they just yelled at me when I said I want to take P.E too.
I’m trying to find a school that could send me the recourses online and I could do the project in my own time. If you do know a school that could help with this, please let me know 😭.

No harm doing another Adv Higher if you think you are capable, and if your school does let you, then do go ahead and do it.

I got 5 As at Higher in: English, Maths, Chemistry, Biology, P.E

You must be really on drugs if you are taking AH English!

My school is running AH PE, I took AH maths, chem + higher English and I'm really thinking of taking AH PE or AH physics but I'm not sure, really debating at this point, have you booked your UCAT? I'm taking mine next week so I'm looking really forward to it! Plus, I also got 5A's the higher I took was Maths,c Chemistry, Physics, Bio, PE.
Original post by helxg
You must be really on drugs if you are taking AH English!

My school is running AH PE, I took AH maths, chem + higher English and I'm really thinking of taking AH PE or AH physics but I'm not sure, really debating at this point, have you booked your UCAT? I'm taking mine next week so I'm looking really forward to it! Plus, I also got 5A's the higher I took was Maths,c Chemistry, Physics, Bio, PE.

On drugs 😂😂 it’s really not that bad. It just one of those subjects where your either really good or really bad depending on how well you can waffle. Same with P.E tbh.

I’ve got my UCT on 10 August.
Good luck to you. It’s a Solid test 😩

Well done on the 5 A’s!

Advanced Higher Physics would be more beneficial for your UCAS Application but it’d make your year really tough because you are already doing Adv H Maths and Chemistry. If you do want to take a 3 Adv H, I’d suggest you do Adv H P.E because it’s only really a project but it means you’d have another few SCQF Level points to boost your CV.

If you can, could you ask your school if they could send me the recourses for Adv H P.E and I’d write the project in my own time, and then if they could let me do my Practical Performance at your school.
It’s because my school said they’re not going to let me sit a 4th Adv H because they don’t want to set me up for a fail 😐 I get that but they don’t understand it’s literally a free A.
That’s why I’m trying to find somewhere else to do Adv H P.E.

For you, the fact that you have 5 A’s already, plus you’re planning on doing 2 Adv Highers as a definite is already more than enough. So don’t stress about doing another Hard Adv H such as physics, keep to something simple and beneficial e.g Adv H P.E.
Unless you find Physics really easy, because I can’t say anything about that subject 😭 I didn’t even take in Nat 5.
On drugs 😂😂 it’s really not that bad. It just one of those subjects where your either really good or really bad depending on how well you can waffle. Same with P.E tbh.

I’ve got my UCT on 10 August.
Good luck to you. It’s a Solid test 😩

Well done on the 5 A’s!

Advanced Higher Physics would be more beneficial for your UCAS Application but it’d make your year really tough because you are already doing Adv H Maths and Chemistry. If you do want to take a 3 Adv H, I’d suggest you do Adv H P.E because it’s only really a project but it means you’d have another few SCQF Level points to boost your CV.

If you can, could you ask your school if they could send me the recourses for Adv H P.E and I’d write the project in my own time, and then if they could let me do my Practical Performance at your school.
It’s because my school said they’re not going to let me sit a 4th Adv H because they don’t want to set me up for a fail 😐 I get that but they don’t understand it’s literally a free A.
That’s why I’m trying to find somewhere else to do Adv H P.E.

For you, the fact that you have 5 A’s already, plus you’re planning on doing 2 Adv Highers as a definite is already more than enough. So don’t stress about doing another Hard Adv H such as physics, keep to something simple and beneficial e.g Adv H P.E.
Unless you find Physics really easy, because I can’t say anything about that subject 😭 I didn’t even take in Nat 5.

our school really shouldnt have told you not to take it, as its your decision, not theirs, is not their future, its yours
Original post by michaelfarnell5
our school really shouldnt have told you not to take it, as its your decision, not theirs, is not their future, its yours

Innit Michael.
Did you hear me being yelled at? 😩
you got shouted at for wanting to take 4AH? shouldn't they support your decision to do it and not try to stop you especially if its 4 subjects pu like and need for uni, they're basically putting you getting into uni at risk, our school just isn't it
My school is bad aswell, I did nat5 computing in S4 and wanted to do Higher in S5 but they moved the teacher to maths department and was so frustrated, I tried to find options to do H computing but couldn't. Luckily, I did higher computing this year (S6) at local college. Although I would've done AH in S6 but oh well...
you got shouted at for wanting to take 4AH? shouldn't they support your decision to do it and not try to stop you especially if its 4 subjects pu like and need for uni, they're basically putting you getting into uni at risk, our school just isn't it

True.

Our school’s gone downhill within the past 2-3 years.

It is what it is.
Original post by Kubsyy
My school is bad aswell, I did nat5 computing in S4 and wanted to do Higher in S5 but they moved the teacher to maths department and was so frustrated, I tried to find options to do H computing but couldn't. Luckily, I did higher computing this year (S6) at local college. Although I would've done AH in S6 but oh well...

That’s just how Scottish schools are 😪
The SQA System is broke 😭😭
True.

Our school’s gone downhill within the past 2-3 years.

It is what it is.

nah I've been saying this for ages, it's gone downhill since they changed the management team like all of them are so strict and dont treat us like young adults
The SLT are just something else now 💀💀
The SLT are just something else now 💀💀

definitely I miss the old SLT team, they genuinely cared about you this one just doesn't, and it's fact I've almost moved schools so many times cause of them
exactly like I've almost moved schools because of them like they don't care about you as a person all they care about is reputation
exactly like I've almost moved schools because of them like they don't care about you as a person all they care about is reputation

Wait u moved school? Or have u previously did so cause of SLT?
nah I've wanted to because of them
nah I've wanted to because of them

Oh right right

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending