Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

International Workshop, First year focus programme and competition - Freshfields

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi Jess,

Will applicants be notified if they have been unsuccessful in reaching interview stage?

Thank you

Beth
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliviaashleigh)
    Hi Jess,

Will applicants be notified if they have been unsuccessful in reaching interview stage?

Thank you

Beth
    Hi Beth,

Yes. Anyone who is unsuccessful will receive an email to let them know the decision.

Kind Regards

Jess
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have just worked out how to use this forum a little more comprehensively and realised I can attach documents.

Sorry if this would have been helpful a few weeks ago to those who did apply, but please find attached a PDF of our advice leaflet on application forms. It is in some ways specific to Freshfields, but there is a lot that is easily transferred over to other firms.

I hope it is of use!

Regards

Jess
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: pdf The Perfect Application.pdf (371.8 KB, 283 views)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uktrainees@freshfields)
    I have just worked out how to use this forum a little more comprehensively and realised I can attach documents.

Sorry if this would have been helpful a few weeks ago to those who did apply, but please find attached a PDF of our advice leaflet on application forms. It is in some ways specific to Freshfields, but there is a lot that is easily transferred over to other firms.

I hope it is of use!

Regards

Jess
    Hi Jess,

Have you got back to everyone about the international workshop yet?

How many people will you be interviewing and are they only phone interviews or face to face too,

Thanks!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawQC)
    Hi Jess,

Have you got back to everyone about the international workshop yet?

How many people will you be interviewing and are they only phone interviews or face to face too,

Thanks!
    Hi there,

If we havent got back to you then your application is currently on hold. This is a small number of applicants but we should come back to you in the next few days.

We do not have a target number of interviews, it will be a case of seeing how the ones scheduled go and then possibly scheduling more.

All the interviews are telephone interviews and will last about around 15 minutes.

Kind Regards

Jess
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi again,

What do you mean by ones application being on hold? Does this mean that it is still waiting to be screened or the outcome is dependent on how other peoples' interviews go?

Thank you

Beth
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

If we havent got back to you then your application is currently on hold. This is a small number of applicants but we should come back to you in the next few days.

We do not have a target number of interviews, it will be a case of seeing how the ones scheduled go and then possibly scheduling more.

All the interviews are telephone interviews and will last about around 15 minutes.

Kind Regards

Jess

Hi Jess,

Thanks for your message - my friend has applied to the first year programme and has asked me to ask you ! whether you have got back to everyone about it yet too,

Thanks Again!!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawQC)
    Hi Jess,

Thanks for your message - my friend has applied to the first year programme and has asked me to ask you ! whether you have got back to everyone about it yet too,

Thanks Again!!
    The first year programme is much bigger - we are hoping to take about 30 candidates on the programme. This means it will take us a lot longer to screen and interview the candidates so your friend might need to wait another week or so.

Regards

Jess
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi again,

What do you mean by ones application being on hold? Does this mean that it is still waiting to be screened or the outcome is dependent on how other peoples' interviews go?

Thank you

Beth
    Hi Beth,

Did you apply to both programmes? Some people who applied to both are currently on hold as we are trying to consider which programme to put them forward for before we make a decision on their application.

If you have not applied for both, then we like your application form but we were waiting for the outcome of interviews over Monday and today before short-listing any more. It is very likely that you will hear back from us very soon, as we need to finalised the names of those attending the international workshop by early next week!

Regards

Jess
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hi Beth,

Did you apply to both programmes? Some people who applied to both are currently on hold as we are trying to consider which programme to put them forward for before we make a decision on their application.

If you have not applied for both, then we like your application form but we were waiting for the outcome of interviews over Monday and today before short-listing any more. It is very likely that you will hear back from us very soon, as we need to finalised the names of those attending the international workshop by early next week!

Regards

Jess
    Hi Jess,

If we applied to both and s first year studying law is it likely (if we have a strong application) that we will be put in the pile for the first year programme - because I am extremely keen to attend the international workshop especially as I speak near to fluent French and have never been to France !

Thanks Again!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawQC)
    Hi Jess,

If we applied to both and s first year studying law is it likely (if we have a strong application) that we will be put in the pile for the first year programme - because I am extremely keen to attend the international workshop especially as I speak near to fluent French and have never been to France !

Thanks Again!
    Hi there,

If you have applied to both, then it is more likely you will be considered for the first year programme, as it is only for first year students and there are more places available.

If you want your application to be considered only for the international workshop, then please do let us know as soon as possible (you can message me on here or email me at jessica.booker@freshfields.com) and I will ask the team to look at your application form this week.

Regards

Jess
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

If you have applied to both, then it is more likely you will be considered for the first year programme, as it is only for first year students and there are more places available.

If you want your application to be considered only for the international workshop, then please do let us know as soon as possible (you can message me on here or email me at jessica.booker@freshfields.com) and I will ask the team to look at your application form this week.

Regards

Jess

Hi there,

Same question - I applied for both but am keen to attend both - do I need to submit any further information as to why I would like to attend the international workshop in addition to the first year programme...

Thanks
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by course101)
    Hi there,

Same question - I applied for both but am keen to attend both - do I need to submit any further information as to why I would like to attend the international workshop in addition to the first year programme...

Thanks
    Hi there,

You do not need to submit any further information, we will review your form for the international placements by the end of this week and the first year programme by the end of next week.

Regards

Jess
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lselaw)
    Hi Jess,

Sorry to be a pain, but do you know of a final date by which everyone will know whether they have an interview or whether they have been rejected?

Thank you!
    Hopefully the end of this week at the latest - sorry for the delay

I would stress most applications have been reviewed by now, so if you want to double check the status of your application then please send me a private message with your details and I can look into it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi Jess,

I have still not had a response with regard to my International Workshop application. Should I presume that I have been rejected?

Thank-you

Beth
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi Jess,

I have still not had a response with regard to my International Workshop application. Should I presume that I have been rejected?

Thank-you

Beth
    Hi Beth,

Apologies I was on annual leave last week. I understand you have now heard back from my colleague Anna, but if not, please do let me know.

Regards

Jess
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi Jess,

How many people applied for the First Year Focus Programme?

x
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello Jess,

What qualities did the people who got into this programme have and what made them a strong candidate?

If you didn't get into this programme will you be disadvantaged for vacation schemes? and will those who made it onto the programme be advantaged?

Naima
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iheartmondays)
    Hi Jess,

How many people applied for the First Year Focus Programme?

x
    Nearly 400 people applied - that is why it took us so long to get back to people!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by her)
    Hello Jess,

What qualities did the people who got into this programme have and what made them a strong candidate?

If you didn't get into this programme will you be disadvantaged for vacation schemes? and will those who made it onto the programme be advantaged?

Naima
    Hi Naima,

We were looking for people with solid academics and people who have got involved in campus activities in their first year at university. Any evidence of liking responsibility either at school/uni, and being involved in a variety of interests would have looked good.

We also looked carefully at the written style of the CV and covering letter/email. Accuracy and structure were very important!

Finally we would have looked for any evidence of an interest in a career in law. This might have been through work experience or attending events on campus, or just being able to articulate why they thought a career in law would be right for them.

I hope this is of help.

Kind Regards

Jess

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 1, 2013
New on TSR

What do you think of the BBC?

UK Parliament wants to hear your views

Article updates
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.