The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A PSYA2 29th May 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Hello all,

Did Moscovici's experiment into social change use independent groups design, or was it repeated measures with the same group in each condition?

Cheers!
My brain hurts : :
Reply 982
Asian terrorist: Mechingbomb! Now tell me w-horan? - use this for sit studies
Reply 983
Moscovici's study just reminds me so much of Asch's study :facepalm:
Reply 984
Original post by amber109
still only revised stress omg, need to pick up the pace and revise abnormality and social influence :eek:

Social influence won't take long, it's not too hard, I only have stress left but loads to learn nd soo many studies!!
Original post by Dpdr
Hello all,

Did Moscovici's experiment into social change use independent groups design, or was it repeated measures with the same group in each condition?

Cheers!

Independent groups I believe.

Original post by pickles_mix
My brain hurts : :

Awh. Power on through!

Original post by amber109
still only revised stress omg, need to pick up the pace and revise abnormality and social influence :eek:

Keep going! :biggrin:
Reply 986
Original post by Dodidi95
I've received a letter from my teacher explaining that this exam may include a "Stress Inoculation Therapy"... Can anybody please enlighten me as to what this is?

Stress innoculation therapy was introduced by Miechnebeum, and is a psychological treatment for stress. It consists of 3 stages...
1. Conceptualization- whereby one analyses a situation and what elements of it causes stress
2. Skills- this is the stage where the psychologist teaches someone how to deal with this stress, such as relaxation techniques
3. Real life application- this is when these skills are applied in real life setting :smile:

The evaluation of this-

It takes a lot of time/effort

It has been proven to be effective, as Meichenbeum found

However, there may have been bias in this result

Reply 987
Original post by Lauraaa12
What would a
'What are the implications for social change of research into social influence?'
question actually want?

I probably sound stupid but I don't think the wording is too clear, that's probably just me being used to concise chemistry questions though :s-smilie:

I was doing this past paper earlier and it had no actual answer....silly paper
i'm definitely staying up all night! :frown:

thank god the exam is on the afternoon :smile:
Original post by pickles_mix
Well you get 6 A01 points and 6 A02 points...so state 3 knowledge points about an approach and the therapies involved and explain them and then state 3 evaluation points eg strengths/weaknesses..that's what I do anyway :smile:

I asked my teacher and she said not to put in therapies if it specifically asks for approach. Only talk about the therapies if you're going to link it back to something like 'a way of evaluating the cognitive theory, CBT shows how important the role of cognitive processing really is...' something along those lines.
The question is not asking for the therapies. Just the approach.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 990
Original post by shybrowngirl
i'm definitely staying up all night! :frown:

thank god the exam is on the afternoon :smile:

Oh god same here, just found out I have the test tommorow (stupid mistake). How are you revising?
Would someone like to outline and evalute systematic de-sensitization? :rolleyes:
Okay I went to check specification changes but they seem to have disappeared which isn't particularly helpful half way through the exam period... O.o

So would you guys mind answering a couple of questions? :smile:

Firstly what ARE the changes that we actually need to know? Like which means learning more?

Are the two methods of coping with stress aka emotional and practical DEFINITELY no longer going to come up? :smile:

And finally I know we now need to know stuff about a Type B personality - what is it that we need to know because I'm self taught but my textbook is from the original specification. :smile:

Thank you so much to anyone that takes the time to answer this!

And good luck to everyone with their last minute revision.
Lauraaa12
I was doing this past paper earlier and it had no actual answer....silly paper

Lauraaa12
What would a
'What are the implications for social change of research into social influence?'
question actually want?

Not a 12 marker, most likely an 8 Marker
'On impacts of social influence research'

This is my Plan, if anybody needs help:

4 Points (Preferably research from each Social Influence section)
4 elaborations (Suggesting the real life implications of the research)

Conformity research
- Orlando (Hopsitals can increase empathy among staff)
OR
- Zimbarado (normal people can commit evil acts do to situational factors leading to identification conformity to social roles)

Obedience
- Milgrim (Gradual commitment through foot-in-door effect)
OR
- Bickham (Legitimate Authority through Power of Uniform)

Minority Influence
- Moscovichi (Consistency)

ALL THREE
- Ethical impacts
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 994
What things would you write about for this question and how would you evaluate it?? Outline of research relating to independent behaviour
Thanks!
Reply 995
Original post by Quafflewing12168
I thought this 'pattern' indicated that it WOULDN'T be abnormality, because abnormality has come up 3 times and the others have only come up twice... because stress came up in the last exam, doesn't this mean that it is likely to be social influence?

Well look at it in terms of when Abnormality last came up. At least, thats how I did. In any case, itll either be on Social influence (Look at Minority influence especially) or Abnormality (Either Behavioural or Cognitive)

Cant see any other questions they would ask for a 12 marker that is not obvious LOL

By the way, this is what I think NOT what I know LOL
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 996
Original post by PowerPuff
Not a 12 marker, most likely an 8 Marker
'On impacts of social influence research'

This is my Plan, if anybody needs help:

4 Points (Preferably research from each Social Influence section)
4 elaborations (Suggesting the real life implications of the research)

Conformity research
- Orlando (Hopsitals can increase empathy among staff)
OR
- Zimbarado (normal people can commit evil acts do to situational factors leading to identification conformity to social roles)

Obedience
- Milgrim (Gradual commitment through foot-in-door effect)
OR
- Bickham (Legitimate Authority through Power of Uniform)

Minority Influence
- Moscovichi (Consistency)

ALL THREE
- Ethical impacts

Quite helpful, cheers!
Original post by AwkwardPenguin
Okay I went to check specification changes but they seem to have disappeared which isn't particularly helpful half way through the exam period... O.o

So would you guys mind answering a couple of questions? :smile:

Firstly what ARE the changes that we actually need to know? Like which means learning more?

Are the two methods of coping with stress aka emotional and practical DEFINITELY no longer going to come up? :smile:

And finally I know we now need to know stuff about a Type B personality - what is it that we need to know because I'm self taught but my textbook is from the original specification. :smile:

Thank you so much to anyone that takes the time to answer this!

And good luck to everyone with their last minute revision.

Emotional and problem focused approaches of stress are NOT going to come up. You can still use them if you have revised them though.
Type B personality is just the opposite of Type A, so not worried about time, relaxed, not competitive and basically lazy.
I don't think Type B is that predominant, knowing about Type A and hardiness personality type should do the trick I think.

Reply 998
Social influence if probably my worst :frown:
Original post by Ambbeerr
What things would you write about for this question and how would you evaluate it?? Outline of research relating to independent behaviour
Thanks!

This shouldnt come up as its been taken off the spec. That's what my teacher said anyway. But if it did, it would be things to do with high locus of control; internal and external and it would also be the attributional style.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending