The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A PSYA2 29th May 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Getting my paper remarked, watch me be the only one on this thread who goes down! Would be lovely to get an additional five ums though and get my A :mmm:
Original post by Conzy210
Getting my paper remarked, watch me be the only one on this thread who goes down! Would be lovely to get an additional five ums though and get my A :mmm:

Good luck and I hope the overall grade changes. :biggrin: Don't let AQA rob you of 45 quid. It's bloody extortionate! :colonhash:
Original post by PowerPuff
Hello! I got a Mid A overal in Psychology 90 in Psyc1 but in Psyc2 got 78 (1 mark off an A) is it worth remarking if I have a solid A anyways and my teacher is predicting me that? but because I was one off and those who did get it remarked said it went up by an average of 4UMS and if it does go up im 100% my teachers will predict me an A*? How much was needed for an Overal A in UMS and how above that was it?
BUT...Im scared... :redface:

Hmm, it's risky. I'm not sure if it would go up enough to meet the next grade boundary. I would go for it because you'll get your money back if PSYA2 goes up. Just go for it. Good luck. :biggrin:

EDIT: When I say grade boundary, i'm not referring to PSYA2, i'm referring to averaging enough to get 90 ums for both, but i'm sure PSYA2 will go up.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1803
Original post by Saif95
LOL! You/your friend should have just grabbed one!!

Or imagine they all blew away in the wind!! :biggrin: Only thing is it wasn't windy today :biggrin:

hahah yeh i wish!! :P
For those who did get a remark, how long did it take for you to find out the new results?

Thanks
Hello! I got a Mid A overal in Psychology 90 in Psyc1 but in Psyc2 got 78 (1 mark off an A) is it worth remarking if I have a solid A anyways and my teacher is predicting me that? but because I was one off and those who did get it remarked said it went up by an average of 4UMS and if it does go up im 100% my teachers will predict me an A*? How much was needed for an Overal A in UMS and how above that was it?
BUT...Im scared... :redface:

-_- I got the exact same UMS as you in both the papers, just the other way round. SPOOKY :P

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by HamzahK21
-_- I got the exact same UMS as you in both the papers, just the other way round. SPOOKY :P

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Are you re-marking? Is there a point? I'm just worried because its NOT just an A but neither is it a really strong A, Im worried If I was to get another B in a future exam that it would pull be down to a B but then again I know if I work hard I can still maintain my A-grade... advice please?
Are you re-marking? Is there a point? I'm just worried because its NOT just an A but neither is it a really strong A, Im worried If I was to get another B in a future exam that it would pull be down to a B but then again I know if I work hard I can still maintain my A-grade... advice please?

Na I've decided to not remark. I don't see the point. Just work hard at A2 and you should be fine. We're on 168 I think atm which is a decent A. If you get 90% plus at A2 then you'll get an A*. But it's up to you. If you think the paper went really well but you got 78 then go for it; there's a lot of people in my year who got it remarked and some went up by 8 ums but some also went down by around the same amount.
there's a lot of people in my year who got it remarked and some went up by 8 ums but some also went down by around the same amount.

Do you know roughly out of however many remarked what amount went up and what amount went down?

So strange its changing by 8 marks which is massive.
Original post by SharkMonster
Do you know roughly out of however many remarked what amount went up and what amount went down?

So strange its changing by 8 marks which is massive.

Yeah they should just get it right in the first place. And I only know of about 10 people who got them remarked and 2 stayed the same whereas the others either went up or down. It's worth a shout.
Yeah they should just get it right in the first place. And I only know of about 10 people who got them remarked and 2 stayed the same whereas the others either went up or down. It's worth a shout.

I agree, I'd understand if it fluctuated by a couple of marks as it's a wordy exam so it's more open to interpretation. But 8 marks? That's very inconsistent.

Hopefully, will get mine back tomorrow or soon.
I agree, I'd understand if it fluctuated by a couple of marks as it's a wordy exam so it's more open to interpretation. But 8 marks? That's very inconsistent.

Hopefully, will get mine back tomorrow or soon.

You got it back yet? Let me know how you do :smile: Good luck!
You got it back yet? Let me know how you do :smile: Good luck!

No, AQA are rather slow. Really want it back by Monday. Will do, thank you!
Relief as my remark went up to an A.
Just got my remark back today-
I got a D overall and got my PSYA2 remarked to see if I could push it up to a C... It went up a few marks, so I got 119 UMS overall, which is one mark off a C, I'm really upset, and we don't get a refund :cry:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1815
Original post by GeoMash
Just got my remark back today-
I got a D overall and got my PSYA2 remarked to see if I could push it up to a C... It went up a few marks, so I got 119 UMS overall, which is one mark off a C, I'm really upset, and we don't get a refund :cry:

awwww :frown: poor you i got an E overall in my AS year so i dropped out and i'm now doing sociology AS! :rolleyes: I know sounds kinda stupid that i went from psychology to sociology!! :frown:
Reply 1816
Relief as my remark went up to an A.

OMG :eek:ur so effin clever sorry i'm just kinda jealous of clever people :colondollar: so i too did this psychology paper and i got an E so i dropped out of it and i'm doing AS Sociology... i know sounds kinds stupid moving from psychology to sociology... :colondollar: anyways do u have any tips and advice as to how to revise for subjects to get a good grade overall?? and what did you do to revise?? how many hours a day etc. please reply... :biggrin: Thanx xxxx
Is anybody resitting this paper?
I messed up on it! I don't know how or why, but I messed up on it!
Does anyone have this paper? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending