The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A PSYA3 11th June 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by Heyimdec
I only wrote 1.5-2 pages per essay, but I have reasonably small handwriting. I saw some people filling their 16 page booklets though. :eek:

Guess it depends on how quickly you write though.

Yeah I've heard people say they write 16 pages too!
I have small hand writing too and also am writing 1.5-2 pages but my hand just feels like it's going to drop off.
Original post by StitchMad
Oh, it helps if I tell you doesn't it? Oops! :P

I'm doing Relationships, Sleep and Aggression! :smile:

only doing aggression on that but my teacher gave us a list of all the possible questions

Aggression

Social psychological approaches to explaining aggression
Social psychological explanations (2) of aggression
Explanations (2) of institutional aggression

Biological explanations of aggression
The role of neural (2) and hormonal (2) mechanisms in aggression (in case the question is on just neural or just hormones)
The role of genetic factors in aggressive behaviour

Aggression as an adaptive response
Evolutionary explanations of human aggression
Evolutionary explanations of infidelity and jealousy
Explanations of group display in humans (e.g. sport and warfare)
Reply 202
Original post by hhh123
Yeah I've heard people say they write 16 pages too!
I have small hand writing too and also am writing 1.5-2 pages but my hand just feels like it's going to drop off.

Haha yeah, I was worried I hadn't written enough! Good luck with your exam. :smile:
Reply 203
I know it's not a point per mark in this exam. But how many AO2 points do people use in their essays? Is 8 enough if they're well elaborated?
Reply 204
Original post by TitchTheAntiHero
only doing aggression on that but my teacher gave us a list of all the possible questions

Aggression

Social psychological approaches to explaining aggression
Social psychological explanations (2) of aggression
Explanations (2) of institutional aggression

Biological explanations of aggression
The role of neural (2) and hormonal (2) mechanisms in aggression (in case the question is on just neural or just hormones)
The role of genetic factors in aggressive behaviour

Aggression as an adaptive response
Evolutionary explanations of human aggression
Evolutionary explanations of infidelity and jealousy
Explanations of group display in humans (e.g. sport and warfare)

This will not be a question. Infidelity and jealousy ARE the evolutionary explanations of human aggression. There are no explanations for the explanations!
I only wrote 1.5-2 pages per essay, but I have reasonably small handwriting. I saw some people filling their 16 page booklets though. :eek:

Guess it depends on how quickly you write though.

heh, I was one of those people lol, finished the whole book and could have kept going but ran out of time lol.
tell you what though, my arm was about to fall off by the end and I had drank so much strong coffee my hand was shaking all throughout! add nerves and my writing was terrible lol!
Reply 206
Original post by hhh123
I know it's not a point per mark in this exam. But how many AO2 points do people use in their essays? Is 8 enough if they're well elaborated?

I would have thought it is, because each point would be worth up to two marks?
Original post by StitchMad
Hey guys, just a quick question...

Am I right in thinking that...
The Reward/Need Satisfaction model concentrates on operant conditioning (AO2 with Cognitive misattribution)?
The Social Exchange Theory concentrates on whether the benefits outweigh the costs?
The Equity Theory concentrates on the perception of equality?
...and the Investment Theory looks at how much you invest and whether you can gain more elsewhere?

The latter three are maintenance whereas the first is formation. Does all this seem right? :biggrin:

You are almost right, but equity theory is not so much about equality. it is more about fairness. For example, if a person gets 50% of the rewards in a relationship you would consider that equal, but if they put in 75% of the effort into that relationship you would not consider that equitable.
Hope this helps
Reply 208
Original post by Mmrawrr
I would have thought it is, because each point would be worth up to two marks?

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I don't want to write too much if I isn't needed that is all!
Reply 209
Original post by psychknight27
You are almost right, but equity theory is not so much about equality. it is more about fairness. For example, if a person gets 50% of the rewards in a relationship you would consider that equal, but if they put in 75% of the effort into that relationship you would not consider that equitable.
Hope this helps

Yeah that sounds right. I always remember equity theory by imagining a relationship where someone is disabled; it's the perception of what is fair as opposed to whether it actually is or not.

Thanks for your help! :smile:
Any prediction guys
Original post by 007dunlop
This will not be a question. Infidelity and jealousy ARE the evolutionary explanations of human aggression. There are no explanations for the explanations!

I think thats worded wrong, I think it just means they can specificly ask for jealousy and infidelity, I'm not sure though I just copy and pasted what I was sent by my teacher haha
Original post by Emy25
My teacher is predicting for the relationships module between sexual selection and maintenance as they have not come up yet and maybe a small question on culture..

We have the same predictions for relationship

Original post by acedlol
You can predict this exam ez pz.

Sexual selection for relationships has never come up at all.

Rhythms is likely for Biological rhythms. Perhaps a 4 marker on ultradian/infradian.

Aggression is a little bit less predictable, however institutional is the one to go by.

:>

I actually think sexual selection will come up this year. I love that question.
I agree with you on sleep and aggression prediction
Original post by hhh123

I think thats wayyyyy to much.
You cant get 8 well elaborated points and knowledge marks done in 30 min...
I would do 3 well elaborated issues/debates, but that's just my opinion.
Like Acedlol said before.

AO1 (10 mins 2x5)
+ve Research
+ve Research
-ve Research
*IDAs x 2*
*Real life Application*

That's your essay structure in my sweaty nutshell.
Reply 215
Original post by Brap4k22DivideBy2
Like Acedlol said before.

AO1 (10 mins 2x5)
+ve Research
+ve Research
-ve Research
*IDAs x 2*
*Real life Application*

That's your essay structure in my sweaty nutshell.

I did this exam in January and didn't put any real life application in my essays. I didn't know we had to include that, is it now in the specification? :s-smilie:
I did this exam in January and didn't put any real life application in my essays. I didn't know we had to include that, is it now in the specification? :s-smilie:

Nah, real life application is part of IDA I think (or so it seems in the complete companion book!) so you apply it as and when it fits in;

for example for the relationship breakdown question in january; I discussed Ducks 6 stage model and for grave-dressing stages and ressurection stages; I talked about real life application in helping aid people in counselling as by focusing on what they got out of relationships, what they learnt and what to look for in future partners; this has real life application in councilling in helping people overcome relationship breakdowns (something to that effect lol).

:redface:
Reply 217
Going crazy with this revision. My brain is going to mush!

Anyway how far are you guys into your revision?
Reply 218
Original post by Eternal*
I think thats wayyyyy to much.
You cant get 8 well elaborated points and knowledge marks done in 30 min...
I would do 3 well elaborated issues/debates, but that's just my opinion.

Really? When I write about a study I usually evaluate it using points such as gender bias and commenting on the methodology which creates abou 3 points. And then in my very end paragraph I would include synoptic issues such as reductionism determinism etc...?
Original post by hhh123
Really? When I write about a study I usually evaluate it using points such as gender bias and commenting on the methodology which creates abou 3 points. And then in my very end paragraph I would include synoptic issues such as reductionism determinism etc...?

sounds good to me, I got 100ums doing something similar- my technique was:

outline (usually 2 relevant theories)
studies supporting/against x 3 (2 should do also he good detail)
IDAs like mad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending