The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A PSYA3 11th June 2012!

Scroll to see replies

i hate relationships......so boring
Reply 841
Can anyone PLEASE go over my gender essays? :confused:
Does anyone have any IDA for insomnia?
Nature v nurture...
could be on the nature side as research has found there found there to be a genetic link... but it could be on the nurture side because some individuals have 'learned' insomnia
there are also issues with the methodology e.g. self report questionnaires which lower the internal validity.
It questions is psychology a science because some studies use scientific measurements such as EEG reading.

Anyone got anything else?
Reply 843
Original post by misslaura_bee
Does anyone have any IDA for insomnia?
Nature v nurture...
could be on the nature side as research has found there found there to be a genetic link... but it could be on the nurture side because some individuals have 'learned' insomnia
there are also issues with the methodology e.g. self report questionnaires which lower the internal validity.
It questions is psychology a science because some studies use scientific measurements such as EEG reading.

Anyone got anything else?

Cultural bias - personality research gathered by DeCarvalho focused on Brazilians. Moreover research is generally quite westernised.

Gender bias - personality research by Grano focused on males only. This cannot represent the complexities of females behaviour etc.

Reductionist - ignoring other societal factors such as stress.

Deterministic - people who have insomnia are predetermined to the medical condition with their free will playing very little roll. This additionally takes the blame of patients etc...

Psychology as a science - objective measures have been used to study the sleep disorder such as EGG readings.

Practical applications - stopping smoking, reducing alcohol consumptions, sleeping on your side, sleeping pills, removal on tonsils.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 844
Morning all, does anyone know if it's possible to get a full 24 mark essay on institutional aggression?

Original post by madman94
Morning all, does anyone know if it's possible to get a full 24 mark essay on institutional aggression?

I imagine so
Reply 846
Exogenous zeitgiebers has not come up, also for maintenance there is very little research in comparison to breakdown and formation. Could somebody please help me out on maintenance studies

Reply 847
Original post by TitchTheAntiHero
I imagine so

Aggression questions have always been 24/5 markers so it is possible, a 4 marker on institutional aggression came up in jan 2012 exam, and it came up as a 25 marker in the Jan 2010 exam

Reply 848
Original post by :)J
Regarding gender, for social influences on gender - should i do an essay per subtopic i.e. one essay on the influence of parents, one essay on the influence of school - or should it just one essay on everything?

one essay on everything :smile: so theory evidence evaluation... Ie a paragraph on school and another On parents
Reply 849
Original post by :)J
Can anyone PLEASE go over my gender essays? :confused:

Iv read the two you sent me, they're good! X
Reply 850
Original post by were93
Aggression questions have always been 24/5 markers so it is possible, a 4 marker on institutional aggression came up in jan 2012 exam, and it came up as a 25 marker in the Jan 2010 exam

So going on past papers, it isn't very likely. And do you know if you could get a 24 marker on all of these topics, SLT, deindividuation, institutional, neural mechanisms, hormonal mechanisms, genetics, evolutionary and group displays? Thanks and sorry for all the questions haha

Reply 851
Can we get a 24-marker on just one circadian/ultradian/infradian rhythm?
Original post by Mmrawrr

Not on just one, they may say discuss two or more Biological rhythms for example...
Reply 853
Original post by Mmrawrr

More likely just gonna be a 5 marker or something!

I'm doing Aggression, Eating Behaviour and Gender.. Any ideas on what may come up?
does anyone have any predictions for eating behaviour, aggression or relationships?
Reply 856
Original post by Bjcross
Iv read the two you sent me, they're good! X

Thank you!! How do you think I can improve the Gender Schema Theory, i feel like I have no IDA's in it?
formation and breakdown have come up before as 24markers. What makes you think they will stay within that same section and do maintenance?
Original post by misslaura_bee
My predictions...
Sleep - Circadian rhythms or Restoration theory or Sleep disorders
Gender - Evolutionary or biological explanations
Relationships - Sexual selection or maintenance

What about the nature of sleep and lifespan changes?

If I'm not mistaken it hasn't came up yet!! And its so easy.
Original post by Harrimusic
does anyone have any predictions for eating behaviour, aggression or relationships?

Aggression - Genetics / Institutional (Maybe SLT and Dein to)
Relationships - Maintenance / Sexual Selection / Culture

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending