The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A PSYA3 11th June 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PieEatingHorses
As I've been asked for notes on circadian, ultradian, and infradian, and two essays on maintenance and sexual selection.

:smile: Enjoy.

isn't sexual selection supposed to be explained in terms of evolutionary explanations =\
is anyone else doing

bio + sleep (told not to revise evolutionary)

agression (told not to revise institutional and group display)

gender (told to not revise social)

Risky not to revise these??
Original post by VanessaXD
isn't sexual selection supposed to be explained in terms of evolutionary explanations =\

Well, what I wrote came from my text book :redface: and if thats wrong I think I'll shoot myself now.
Original post by Sadsnail
is anyone else doing

It's always risky to avoid revising certain topics. Think of the worst case scenario and institutionalisation comes up!
Reply 1044
What's everyones predictions for monday, for Aggression, and eating? :smile:
Original post by Grace*
Does anyone know what came up Jan 2012 for Aggression, relationships and eating. Trying to predict Questions :colondollar:

I can PM you the exam paper if you want... Once I learn how to PM people LOL
Reply 1046
Original post by Sadsnail
is anyone else doing

Don't not revise AT ALL, they might come up as a 4 mark question or something, unlikely to come up as a 24 marker if they just have
Reply 1047
Original post by Hamsey45
I can PM you the exam paper if you want... Once I learn how to PM people LOL

Thankyou! haa :smile:
Hi everyone :smile:

I have some notes on my website for Unit 3, specifically on Relationships, Aggression, Gender, and Cognition & Development. My notes helped me to get a 98% mark in the exam when I took it.

There are also plenty of sample essays on Relationships and Gender.

Good luck!

http://brain-freeze.co.uk/psychologya2notes.html
Original post by adamned

I have some notes on my website for Unit 3, specifically on Relationships, Aggression, Gender, and Cognition & Development. My notes helped me to get a 98% mark in the exam when I took it.

Good luck!

These are some great notes!
Original post by Grace*
I think you do, i have! The spec has changed to something like you dont need to learn affect of adolescence or something

Darn.
If we get that as a 24 mark question, I'll mark the paper myself with a U.

Thanks for letting me know~
Original post by adamned

Good luck!

Your website is amazing! Thanks for the link.
Original post by Grace*
Thankyou! haa :smile:

It wont let me do it on PM but here you go :biggrin:
Reply 1053
Hey guys I have juste revised ultradian rhythms and practiced writing a 5 mark answer and my structure seems very poor. I outline what ultradian rhythms are and then talk about sleep brain activity as an example etc. However it just isn't reading well. Has anyone got an example they wouldn't mind me having a look at pleasE?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Can anyone outline the nature of sleep for me? It's the last thing I need to get my head round.
Like what points do I include in it, is restoration theory part of it? Or are there other things to include?
RELATIONSHIPS

So, if maintenance and sexual selection do not come up. What do you guys think will?
Does anyone have any notes or an essay on disruption of biological rhythms (shift work/jet lag) please? Once again my notes on this section are terrible and the text book I'm using is very jumbled and confusing.
Reply 1057
Original post by jannesedward
Can anyone outline the nature of sleep for me? It's the last thing I need to get my head round.
Like what points do I include in it, is restoration theory part of it? Or are there other things to include?

Restoration theory has nothing to do with it.

Nature of sleep you need to include aspects such as the different stages, the identification of rem and nrem, physiology of sleep, life changes in sleep. Etc.

Hope that helps clear things up.

Original post by PieEatingHorses
Anyone else who feels like super confident on relationships, but a little bit weak on the others!

Hardcore week of revising, :biggrin: e-revision buddies anyone!
Aggression, Relationships, Sleepy.

Yes, that's why I'm revising Cognitive Development and gender hardcore and relationships last.

Original post by hhh123
Restoration theory has nothing to do with it.

Nature of sleep you need to include aspects such as the different stages, the identification of rem and nrem, physiology of sleep, life changes in sleep. Etc.

Hope that helps clear things up.

Haha thanks again, that really helped :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending