The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A PSYA3 11th June 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by d3ano
Hey, I'm doing the same topics. What grade student are you? I'm looking for an A* candidate to share essays with :smile:

I'm an external student and I'm doing all AS and A2 units in June so it's a bit sketchy but I'm predicted an A sorry! :smile: (They've just based it off my other grades if anyone's wondering! :P)
Reply 121
Does anyone know how to plan an essay for genetics regarding aggression? I'm so confused on what I should put in it, all different books are suggesting different material!
Reply 122
I have attached my revision essays/notes for my PSYA3 exam :smile:

I did:

- Aggression
- Biological Rhythms & Sleep
- Eating Behaviour

Hope it helps and good luck! :smile:
Original post by swiftylol
Why not just share with anybody? No need to be selfish tbh. I can understand notes, but essays?

hey swift, I posted some model answers back when I was doing this paper in the last paper 3 thread.
they may help, I got 100ums so gives you an idea of what to aim for.

I did sleep, relationships and aggression.
if anyone has questions on those three il try answer.

I'm thinking of putting together an e-book for this paper for students as there seems to be a lot of interest in model essays, maybe after last paper is done when I have more time :redface:
Original post by Cognition

I did:

- Aggression
- Eating Behaviour

Thank you so much that's brilliant! :smile:
Original post by :)J
Does anyone know how to plan an essay for genetics regarding aggression? I'm so confused on what I should put in it, all different books are suggesting different material!

he I recall I may have posted a model essay on it in the January paper 3 thread, search my previous posts you may find it.

with genetics you talk about twin studies and adoption studies if I recall correctly and family studies.

I simply remembered four letters for my whole essay- MHBC
this triggered my memory for the outline and studies, it stands for Mcguffin, Hutchings, Brunner, Caspi.

that pretty much helped me memorize the whole essay after I had written it out based on that.

I did:

- Aggression
- Eating Behaviour

These are amazing, thank you so much! You may end up teaching me more than my actual teacher haha :biggrin:
Reply 127
Original post by Mephestic
hey swift, I posted some model answers back when I was doing this paper in the last paper 3 thread.
they may help, I got 100ums so gives you an idea of what to aim for.

I did sleep, relationships and aggression.
if anyone has questions on those three il try answer.

I'm thinking of putting together an e-book for this paper for students as there seems to be a lot of interest in model essays, maybe after last paper is done when I have more time :redface:

Hey Mephestic that would be really helpful if you could do that :smile: but by then il probably be done and dusted with this unit hopefully securing an A ...i got a B last time so i'm retaking this unit...:angry: the gender question threw me off and my marks got messed up big time :frown: . woooow 100ums congrats on that!
Is there Anything i need to look out for in particular in order to get an A in this unit? i'm doing relationships, gender and aggression... btw if you have any spare notes or essays from relationships and/or aggression do you mind sending them to me?
anyone else do cognitive development? I'm hating it sigh, but Piaget's theory would be a nie easy question for the exam hehe

I did:

- Aggression
- Eating Behaviour

THAT'S AMAZING! If only i had these notes at my time of A-levels!

Cheers Cognition:smile: ,

-C
Reply 130
this may be abit off topic but I just needed some clarification - so in order to get an A grade I was told you have to in total get 320 UMS so PSYA1+2+3+4=320. If I was borderline 320 say about 10 ums off would they still give me an A or would my grade stay as a B. I dont know this may seem like a silly question but I was told in sociology if you're close to an A grade they give you an A :confused:
Reply 131
Original post by imgreaat
this may be abit off topic but I just needed some clarification - so in order to get an A grade I was told you have to in total get 320 UMS so PSYA1+2+3+4=320. If I was borderline 320 say about 10 ums off would they still give me an A or would my grade stay as a B. I dont know this may seem like a silly question but I was told in sociology if you're close to an A grade they give you an A :confused:

No that is BS!

You have to gain 320ums for an A. Below 320 is a B.
Original post by imgreaat

not true, for soc or psy, last year I was on 159/200, but got a b even though an a is 160
Reply 133
Grade boundaries often go up and down one or two
Reply 134
Original post by Mephestic
he I recall I may have posted a model essay on it in the January paper 3 thread, search my previous posts you may find it.

with genetics you talk about twin studies and adoption studies if I recall correctly and family studies.

I simply remembered four letters for my whole essay- MHBC
this triggered my memory for the outline and studies, it stands for Mcguffin, Hutchings, Brunner, Caspi.

that pretty much helped me memorize the whole essay after I had written it out based on that.

Ahhhhh thank you so so so much, i've been looking everywhere and it was driving me crazy, so thannk you! :tongue: :smile:
Question for people doing relationships...

I know its a stupid question what is the difference between sexual selection and human reproductive behaviour?
Reply 136
Original post by misslaura_bee
Question for people doing relationships...

I know its a stupid question what is the difference between sexual selection and human reproductive behaviour?

Nothing really. If you are asked a question on sexual selection, it will mostly likely include the worlds 'human reproductive behaviour' within the question.
My teacher is utterly useless - according to him, the spec hasn't changed at all, when me and the rest of my class have looked at it online and seen that androgyny has been removed from gender!

Really worried for this exam, there is a ridiculous amount of content to learn :s-smilie:.
Reply 138
Original post by SecretCircus
My teacher is utterly useless - according to him, the spec hasn't changed at all, when me and the rest of my class have looked at it online and seen that androgyny has been removed from gender!

Really worried for this exam, there is a ridiculous amount of content to learn :s-smilie:.

I am also mega worried. None of it is necessarily hard, but the amount of content that HAS to be learnt. One does not play it risky with this, when essays can be literally anything. :<

D: D: D: D:
Haves revising going?

Quick Reply