The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Notts accommodation advice?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jin3011
Yeah, if they're requesting your first accommodation payment before your actual student loan arrives then you need to email the accommodation finance team by heading up the email 'Reliant Upon Loan Funding'. To avoid any further correspondence or hassle, attach a screenshot from the SFE website of the dates and amount of your student loan instalments as proof.

Do this as soon as you can.

-------------------------------------------------------

Me: I will be unable to make full payment by 31st Aug 2012 since I receive my first student loan instalment from the start of term 1, 24th Sep 2012 .

Them: Have you received your loan payment schedule yet or is it possible to send me a screen shot from your Student Finance account which details how much loan / grant you will be receiving and when ? We need to see some official documentation of your loan and then we will then be able to use this information to provide you with a more personalised payment plan.

Me:I have attached a screenshot detailing the amount and times of each loan payment as requested.

Them:
Thank you for supplying evidence of your loan application. We are happy to extend your term 1 payment deadline to 1st October 2012.

Kind Regards
Accommodation Finance Team

THANK YOU!!!:yy:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by takingcampus4aride
Lenton is much better than Beeston. Beeston is really boring, further away from town (taxis cost more) etc.
Lenton/Derby road is fine, like with all cities with a student population you will get crime because students are easy targets...

I've lived at Raleigh for a year, walked around Lenton at all times of the day and have never been mugged, threatened or anything..

True, I supposed being brought up in Notts i've just always known those areas to be a threat, but like you say if you're doing fine as a student then that's great. You're right about Beeston being further from town..i never thought about that one!

Quick Reply

Latest