The Student Room Group
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website

University of Ulster applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by Ciarán
Is anyone doing English AND History? I seem to be the only person thus far. Unfortunately their inductions clash on the 19th of September. Surely that cannot be correct? Why would there be an option of doing both if they clashed? This also happened during the interviews back in March...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think it said on that Faculty of Arts Facebook status that you would go to the course that was named first in your subject choice (IE if it's named English and history you go to English if its History and English you go to History) during induction. Lol don't take my word on that though cause I might be completely off :biggrin:
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website
Original post by Dbx125
Think it said on that Faculty of Arts Facebook status that you would go to the course that was named first in your subject choice (IE if it's named English and history you go to English if its History and English you go to History) during induction. Lol don't take my word on that though cause I might be completely off :biggrin:

Strange as it's supposed to be 50/50! Guess I'll just have to ring tomorrow... Dreading enrollment. Always takes forever...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 222
Original post by Mature student99
Quick question everyone....

I'm due to start UU next week in coleraine. Studying Pharmacy and have to go to the biomedical sciences. Can anyone tell me which train/bus stop I would be best getting off at? As there are a few for the university.

Thank you :smile:

There is only one train stop which is just outside the Uni grounds. You get the train in coleraine that goes to Portrush. Uni is first stop after Coleraine. If you get the bus to the Uni you should get off at the 2nd bus stop which is the one at the octagon entrance. The biomedicial science building isn't far from there.

Next week there will be people in green t-shirts helping newbies find their way about so I wouldn't worry. Just make sure you get their in plenty of time for your induction. You weren't sent a map of the uni grounds in the post?
Original post by Matt44th
There is only one train stop which is just outside the Uni grounds. You get the train in coleraine that goes to Portrush. Uni is first stop after Coleraine. If you get the bus to the Uni you should get off at the 2nd bus stop which is the one at the octagon entrance. The biomedicial science building isn't far from there.

Next week there will be people in green t-shirts helping newbies find their way about so I wouldn't worry. Just make sure you get their in plenty of time for your induction. You weren't sent a map of the uni grounds in the post?

Haven't received anything mate. Should I have by now?
Pharmacy anyone??
Reply 225
Original post by Mature student99
Haven't received anything mate. Should I have by now?

I got a package in the post from the Uni before I started that included a map. This was 6 years ago so things may have changed. As long as you know when and where your induction is you shouldn't have any problems. There is a map of the Uni grounds somewhere on the website IIRC.
Original post by Cara27
Few people have added me on fb, but haven't met anyone yet! Excited to start :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Oh really least I'll maybe recognise few faces then :smile: same 1 week to induction eek
Can anyone tell me how joint honours work? How many modules will I have per semester and how much freedom do I have in choosing these?
Reply 228
Original post by Ciarán
Can anyone tell me how joint honours work? How many modules will I have per semester and how much freedom do I have in choosing these?

3 modules per a semester. Normally in most courses there are some compulsory modules but generally you will have a fair amount of choice. For example my degree was History and Media, and if there was a module I felt I wouldn't enjoy I would be able to choose something else in most cases. So each year I had to do 3 History & 3 Media.

There is a lot of variables though. There was one semester (final year) were I didn't have any choice which media modules I picked because the majority of the other choices could only be picked by single media students as they were related to the final year project/dissertation.

And on the other hand as my dissertation was required to be in History I had to do the year 2 'sources and methods' module in year 2.

To be honest if you do a combined degree generally you have more flexibility and are able to choose modules that you will enjoy more assuming you like both the subjects you are doing of course!
Reply 229
Hey, anyone studying History with International Development? Or anyone travelling up to Coleraine via train?
Reply 230
Original post by Kduncan89
Hey, anyone studying History with International Development? Or anyone travelling up to Coleraine via train?

I'm not doing your course but I will be traveling on the train from Belfast to Coleraine.
How do i get from the holylands to jordanstown to enrol on monday if the uni link doesn't start until the week after?... :frown:
Reply 232
Original post by Ishouldberevising
How do i get from the holylands to jordanstown to enrol on monday if the uni link doesn't start until the week after?... :frown:

Train? Isn't great Victoria street only like 5 minutes from the holylands?
Reply 233
Original post by Fred_Perry
Yeah, i'm doing Computing.

Are you from Coleraine?
Reply 234
Does anyone know where the octagon balcony is? its where I have to register.

Quick Reply

Latest