Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

University of Ulster applicants 2012

Announcements Posted on
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dbx125)
    Anyone planning to communte from Belfast lol everyday?? Im probably insane doing it but I know 1 or 2

others who are and I just cant face leaving Belfast nor have the money to,at least not for this first year. Just wondering from anyone's experience if I will be able to enjoy any sort of nightlife/freshers etc if commuting from Belfast considering id have to get home or crash somewhere at like 3am lmao.
    Yes i am goin commute every day too
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katieh007)
    Yes i am goin commute every day too
    Which campus you at? I'll be at Coleraine from Belfast
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Coleraine
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is their anyone else from mainland Britain applying, or am I all alone :P. Got an email from them earlier with a bit more further information attatched about the course, campus and cost. All of it looks good, 2 hours of lectures, and an hour seminar by the looks of things, so I might have a look at accomodation in Belfast and commute up to Jordanstown, I figure I'll be spending a lot in my time in Belfast anyway.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    got accepted into Jordanstown to study Criminology & Criminal Justice. anyone else??
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazydaisy18cs)
    got accepted into Jordanstown to study Criminology & Criminal Justice. anyone else??
    Yeahh, it's my Firm.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazydaisy18cs)
    Yaaay, it's going down as my firm
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I did C&CJ at UUJ. Great course!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got unconditional offer for English with Education @ Coleraine Gona put it as my insurance when my other offers come back

Still havnt heard anything from social and my interview was almost 4 weeks ago. Had Nursing interviews yesterday. Dont think I did very well
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nics012)
    Got unconditional offer for English with Education @ Coleraine Gona put it as my UI when my other offers come back

Still havnt heard anything from social and my interview was almost 4 weeks ago. Had Nursing interviews yesterday. Dont think I did very well
    im sure u did alot better than u think, if you get across you personality you'll be fine. what questions were u asked in your nursing interview ?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maire2010)
    im sure u did alot better than u think, if you get across you personality you'll be fine. what questions were u asked in your nursing interview ?
    They asked the usual general questions. Why I wanted to be a nurse and what skills I had. Dont really remember much about it I prepared for over a week and went completely blank as soon as I entered the room. I no they cut the numbers of people who got interviews this year cos quite a few got rejected due to their personal statements but its still gona b tough to get a spot. I dont think ive stood out or done enough. At least its experience for trying again next year.

Have you got an interview?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got a letter through this morning for an insight day at Jordanstown on 21st march. Hoping I can get everything sorted to get over there, anyone else going?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joelburr)
    Got a letter through this morning for an insight day at Jordanstown on 21st march. Hoping I can get everything sorted to get over there, anyone else going?
    Got the same letter. Will indeed be going.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nice one, if I can sort out flights and accommodation and the like I will see you there.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Found some flights and know looking for somewhere to stay, which shouldn't be too hard. Has anyone got any recommendations of what to do in Belfast too keep myself amused for the day before the evening?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joelburr)
    Found some flights and know looking for somewhere to stay, which shouldn't be too hard. Has anyone got any recommendations of what to do in Belfast too keep myself amused for the day before the evening?

Slayers at QUB Student Union is pretty good, just a massive nerd night really, on Tuesdays.

There's the usual crud, nothing particularly exciting. Cinema, museum, quite a few decent pubs and restaurants and such.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meagaan)
    Slayers at QUB Student Union is pretty good, just a massive nerd night really, on Tuesdays.

There's the usual crud, nothing particularly exciting. Cinema, museum, quite a few decent pubs and restaurants and such.
    Nice one, my mum and a friend of hers fancied a trip so they're coming over with me for that open evening thing, so I'm thinking of wondering about Belfast and having a look at the titanic bits on the Wednesday, and might try and get up to the causeway on the thursday. Is that fairly reachable by train from Belfast, or will I neeed to find something else?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got 3 Unconditional offers. I accepted a place in English and History, start in September! Can't wait . Going to an open day at the Coleraine campus on Wednesday...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the email address to confirm attendance at the Jordanstown open evening? it begins with the word social IIRC. A labradoodle chewed half of my poster up before I had chance to email them.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciarán)
    I got 3 Unconditional offers. I accepted a place in English and History, start in September! Can't wait . Going to an open day at the Coleraine campus on Wednesday...
    Hey lol me too. I got my unconditional for English. Tell me, have you got a welcome pack yet from Coleraine or do we not get those until August?

Didnt know about the open day on Wednesday where did you find out about it?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 16, 2012
New on TSR

TSR Freshers' blogs 2014

Read what TSR's freshers have to say as they head off to uni

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.