The Student Room Group

Intermediate Maths Challenge tomorrow anyone else doing it?

Being ultra geeky I want to get a gold this year, does anybody have any tips, past papers etc.

Note to mods: not sure if this is the right forum sorry if it isn't.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gmseahorse
Being ultra geeky I want to get a gold this year, does anybody have any tips, past papers etc.

I'm doing it tomorrow too.
I want gold, but I'd be lucky if I get bronze xD
Me too...only in Year 9 :frown:, but (not meaning to sound up myself) i got a 8a in maths test so hopefully...
There are past papers here though http://www.mathcomp.leeds.ac.uk/
Yeah, I'm doing it and I'm really worried. I would like at least a silver. I find the questions 1-15 quite easy but the others are really tricky. I've been doing past papers tonight and getting in the 70's. What have yous all been getting? Have yous ever had an award before?
I'm doing it too. In a past paper we did a few weeks ago for homework I got 80, 1 away from Kangaroo! Have to admit I used a calculator with my friend at home, but all the ones we used it for we got wrong so I'd say to assume your knowledge of maths is enough to get a gold and give it a real good go. I flopped last year (forgot to guess on the sheet) and didn't even get bronze!
I'm doing it too. Everytime I've done it, junior or intermediate, so far I've always gotten a bronze. I'm hoping for a silver this time..
asdfgvhjkhgfghjk PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY GIVE ME A DAMN ABOUT IT! At school today I kept asking my classmates who are doing it, how they felt about it and they were all 'I don't care.'
I'm really hoping to get a gold too but last year when I was in year 8 we did the Junior and I got a bronze... :|
I'ts now almost 8:30pm and I guess I'm gonna start on pastpapers now. I did some yesterday around this time too but I fell asleep when I came home so I'm starting late!

Think I'll be okay to start now? lol
Im doing it. On the questions where you loose marks if you get it wrong if you are not sure do you personally leave them or put the answer in?
Original post by gmseahorse

Hey, what are the grade boundaries for a gold, bronze etc,?
Original post by carpe diem 123

Original post by carpe diem 123
Hey, what are the grade boundaries for a gold, bronze etc,?

The Intermediate Challenge 2011 thresholds were:
Bronze 45-58 Silver 59-77 Gold 78

Off the official website!
Reply 10
Last year was my first year doing JMC and I got a gold(Year 6)
this year Im doing both JMC and IMC
Original post by OkashiAddict
The Intermediate Challenge 2011 thresholds were:
Bronze 45-58 Silver 59-77 Gold 78

Off the official website!

My touchpad just scuzzed up and clicked neg rep - anyone know how to undo it?
Reply 13
I did it today:smile:
Reply 14
it was so hard
Reply 15
i didn't get most questions
Reply 16
can anyone tell me the answers
Reply 17
The thread got removed because some people were still taking it, I'll repost at midnight.
Reply 18
I did it today! All my friends dared me to get minus marks and seeing as we were forced into it by my school, I obliged! I worked out the correct answers, then put a wrong one :L sorry if this annoys anyone but I really didn't want to do it! We were forced to do it or we had a detention to do it in :frown: so I wasted an hour of my life on nothing.
Well, i failed that.
always next year :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending