The Student Room Group

Induction day- Chessington world of adventures

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ConstantCritic
The training day is basically just a day where people from different departments carry out activities in a room, involving things like the 'Merlin Values', and health and safety. It's just a bit of form-filling, making posters, watching presentations, and that sort of thing. You'll get a Chessington staff booklet thing as well. It's all quite informal and useful, and, although it is 'pass' or 'fail', there's nothing really to actually fail on. So, just don't be really rude to anyone, try to talk to people, and it'll be fine!

You will also have department specific training, maybe on another day. I also know that there is also a 'role play' day (although I wasn't there at the right time for this, as I worked there at Halloween), where the families of the staff come in, and everyone gets used to doing their job. There's even an 'escaped animal drill', just in case! Plus 'Annual Pass Day', which is when only people with passes can come in- so it's like another training day, really.

Good luck!

Hi, i've got my induction next week at chessington for rides, can you wear jeans, trainers and a buttoned shirt or is the dress code more formal i.e. suit trousers and smart shoes?
Original post by disgracieful
I'm going on that day for induction too, but as a ride host.

Hi, i've got my induction next week at chessington for rides, can you wear jeans, trainers and a buttoned shirt or is the dress code more formal i.e. suit trousers and smart shoes?
I’ve been offered a job as a face painter. When they spoke about uniform. They mentioned black trousers. Am I allowed to wear plain black jeans or thick leggings? Or do they have to be trousers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending