The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
ok... so whats it going to be then?
Reply 81
I think we should let the SG have the final decision "When he returns" (Looking for Bob Dylan fans there :p:)
Reply 82
WOW! hold on a second, i havnt been allowed to post things here for ages, ever thread was closed and i wasnt allowed to post new threads,edit my posts or reply. would you please refrain from using 'THE SUDAN' . its either the rep. of sudan or just Sudan. thank you

(nightowl, are you actually a night owl, like alan robson nightowl???)
Reply 83
amar183
WOW! hold on a second, i havnt been allowed to post things here for ages, ever thread was closed and i wasnt allowed to post new threads,edit my posts or reply. would you please refrain from using 'THE SUDAN' . its either the rep. of sudan or just Sudan. thank you

(nightowl, are you actually a night owl, like alan robson nightowl???)

I don't think you're gonna be kicked out anyway, so it's OK
Reply 84
Amar - I am a night owl :biggrin:
Reply 85
wow...thats amazing, so am I...great show or what?!...slightly off the subject....nice valentine's day thread :biggrin:

SUDAN WOULD LIKE TO APOLEGISE FOR THE LONG ABSENCE DUE TO...'TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES'
Reply 86
Fantastic, theres a few of us on here, Gem is another one!
Reply 87
Nightowl
Plus, 50% isn't more democratic than 33%

It generally is, otherwise 99% wouldnt be more democratic than 1%.
There's no negative option in this poll to enable us to vote to keep people. It's a joke, none of the views should be taken seriously. Micronesia doesn't believe that 15 people constitutes a valid majority to remove any member.
Reply 89
well, the way I see it, if you are a voter but didnt vote for a country, then you have voted 'no' havnt you? so over 50% should be needed to remove someone - Im surprised no-one agrees :confused:
Reply 90
JonathanH
There's no negative option in this poll to enable us to vote to keep people. It's a joke, none of the views should be taken seriously. Micronesia doesn't believe that 15 people constitutes a valid majority to remove any member.

They can always rejoin, but with a lesser country :redface:
They should be removed on the basis that 15 people (clearly less than half of the MUN) think that they should be removed? I don't bloody think so.
Reply 92
They should be removed on the basis that 15 people (clearly less than half of the MUN) think that they should be removed? I don't bloody think so.

The problem is that more than half of the MUN is inactive. If we were to follow your suggestion, then we would not be able to decide upon anything.
Reply 93
JonathanH

The only problem is that there are only about 15 members active on MUN. If we waited for 50% of people to vote, we'd be here forever.
Reply 94
Sorry guys, I was on a lenghty trip to bavaria for about 3 weeks. Before that, I had to deal with my finals. hope this matter is resolved.
Reply 95
Isn't the kicking of people put up to the SG?
Reply 96
javalinn - Sure, keep posting and we won't chuck you out

UnaChance - yes, it is the SG's responsibility, but he doesn't seem to be around recently.
Reply 97
---Speaking from just outside Rome!---

Just to quickly say to Una - We followed correct procedure for these events according to the General Rules thread, ie. PM'ed the SG, he messaged them, didn't recieve reply from some etc etc.
Reply 98
Is anything being done about this, eg some reps being removed?
If anyone is to be removed, there should be a thread devoted to that person's removal with a Yes, No and Abstain option. And there should be at least a 2/3 majority required to remove them.

Latest

Trending

Trending