Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Chronicle

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    For those who haven't watched - it's surprisingly good.

This comment from IMDB sums it up for me;
    Three high school friends gain superpowers after making an incredible discovery. Soon, though, they find their lives spinning out of control and their bond tested as they embrace their darker sides.

I went to an early screening of this movie in Europe while on a trip. I went into the cinema expecting an average movie with average acting and an average script. BOY WAS I SURPRISED! Not only did this movie deliver (and boy did it ever!) but it exiled in all of those fields above! Amazing effects and ideas. The fact that the main character could hold the camera up with his powers made it very smooth and provided a lot of camera angles that you wouldn't normally see in a found footage film. I really hope this becomes a major franchise. If you want to see a good movie and have a great time then by all means, go see this film.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've been interested in the film since seeing the adverts but struggled to work out whether it will be good or not because adverts can be deceptive.
    It sounds amazing, will definitely be going to see it soon
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm boycotting it because of its advertising campaign
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    The trailer makes it look pretty bad, but all reviews say it's good.

AAAARRRRGHHHHH D:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Just went to see it. Very short film. 1hour 15mins? Also i found it boring and not the best film i had every seen, but my other housemates loved it!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Trailer makes it look cheesy.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    seeing it tomorrow, excited
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notethis)
    I'm boycotting it because of its advertising campaign
    Lol, they probably spent more on all the stupid stunts than on the actual film. xD

---

I just hope it's not a massive let down as I assume it's similar to Jumper/Push?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Very compelling I thought. Dame DeHaan is fantastic, and the last half hour is absolutely thrilling. Would highly recommend it, some light hearted moments in the early parts too- *spoiler* Like when they are in the shop and tricking everyone
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boom533)
    The trailer makes it look pretty bad, but all reviews say it's good.

AAAARRRRGHHHHH D:
    (Original post by Some random guy)
    Trailer makes it look cheesy.
    The trailer doesn't do it justice. I thought it'd be an average film at best, but was surprised to see otherwise.

(Original post by Xanth)
    Lol, they probably spent more on all the stupid stunts than on the actual film. xD

---

I just hope it's not a massive let down as I assume it's similar to Jumper/Push?
    It's got good stunts/effects coupled with a good story and an excellent cast - something of a rarity these days.
    • 74 followers

ReputationRep:
    I really enjoyed Chronicle. Not the best film I've ever seen but one of my favourite super power films.

The only criticism I have is the fact that it's a found footage film, it really didn't need to be in my view. The found footage technique is wearing a bit thin with me after this and Troll Hunter. There are too many scenes that feel forced which breaks my engagement.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    They've just confirmed that they will be making a Chronicle 2.. i hope they use a new set of kids and don't try to continue the original story.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I didn't expect much from this film but I saw it tonight and actually really enjoyed it! The trailer made it look pretty crap, I almost didn't bother going. It was pretty short though!

(Original post by lewism93)
    They've just confirmed that they will be making a Chronicle 2.. i hope they use a new set of kids and don't try to continue the original story.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I expect them to do a second one about Matt trying to find out about why they got superpowers, though I hope they don't, something I liked about the film was that it didn't spend ages trying to make up reasons for the superpowers. I hope they don't bring in aliens...
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have just watched this film, seriously one of the best films that I have seen in a while.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    LOVED it.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Really enjoyed it. Skeptical after seeing the trailer but thought it was pretty decent, especially towards the end.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's absolutely top shelf, especially impressive given it's budget, the piece of second hand dog**** that was Prometheus seemed even worse in comparison (I watched them on the same day).
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    My fav movie of 2012 until Avengers and Spidey came out.

However, I think The Hobbit will reign supreme over everything later in the year!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I really loved this movie. I seriously didn't expect it to be so dark and for a 12 rating, wow! :O
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    It was good until the end. Got stupid after that.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 16, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki film section

Quick link:

Unanswered film threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.