The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

Canterbury PGCE 2012

This is for anyone who is going to Canterbury Christ Church doing a PGCE primary or secondary. I got an offer of place this morning (Citizenship).

I will be moving into the area, so will be looking for house mates.

Having read through some of the threads on here we are going to be slightly busy come Sept. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by pauljon
This is for anyone who is going to Canterbury Christ Church doing a PGCE primary or secondary. I got an offer of place this morning (Citizenship).

I will be moving into the area, so will be looking for house mates.

Having read through some of the threads on here we are going to be slightly busy come Sept. :smile:

Hi, I'm considering the Citizenship PGCE at CCCU. How was the interview?
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
The interview was good. The interviewer put me at ease, felt like a chat rather than a formal interview.

Are you thinking about entry in 2012
Reply 3
Original post by pauljon
The interview was good. The interviewer put me at ease, felt like a chat rather than a formal interview.

Are you thinking about entry in 2012

Yeah. To be honest, it's not my orginal choice. Applied for Sociology PGCE way back in October and got an offer from Keele, who have retracted it, due to place and funding cuts; they've actually closed the course for good apparently. Everywhere else filled up, and now Keele have told me to look at Citizenship. What's your degree in?
Reply 4
Politics, Philosophy and Economics. What is your degree in?
Reply 5
Original post by pauljon
Politics, Philosophy and Economics. What is your degree in?

Got a first in Sociology from Essex. What uni did you attend?
Reply 6
Open University. Hope your application goes well.
Reply 7
Original post by pauljon
Open University. Hope your application goes well.

Thanks. Congratulations on getting your place by the way.
Reply 8
I just got told my interview for secondary RE (11-18) is on the 7th March, so that should be interesting - any advice for interviews at canterbury?

Congrats on all your places - some people say we're mad for wanting to teach because the PGCE year is so hard - but I think we must just love teaching that much!
Reply 9
Original post by JimmyM1990
Thanks. Congratulations on getting your place by the way.

Thank you
Reply 10
Hey,

Well done for getting an interview ponpon14! My interview was for Psychology (14-19) so I can't tell you if yours will be similar but my interview was really nice! The woman interviewing me was really lovely and just made it into more of a chat - nothing scary!

Best of luck to you!! :smile: Where did you get your degree, what is it in?

I know everyone says how tough the PGCE is going to be but it hasn't put me off! It will be worth it!!
Reply 11
Original post by misshlg
Hey,

Well done for getting an interview ponpon14! My interview was for Psychology (14-19) so I can't tell you if yours will be similar but my interview was really nice! The woman interviewing me was really lovely and just made it into more of a chat - nothing scary!

Best of luck to you!! :smile: Where did you get your degree, what is it in?

I know everyone says how tough the PGCE is going to be but it hasn't put me off! It will be worth it!!

I replied on the TES as well - but ill answer your other questions too! Im currently in my third year doing a philosophy degree at Lancaster so RE will be a little bit of a change but not too much!

Hopefully I may see you at CCCU at one point in the future!
Hellooo, I've been acepted for the PGCE Primary 5-11! I'll be commuting in as I only live about 30 mins from Canterbury.
Reply 13
Original post by ponpon14
I replied on the TES as well - but ill answer your other questions too! Im currently in my third year doing a philosophy degree at Lancaster so RE will be a little bit of a change but not too much!

Hopefully I may see you at CCCU at one point in the future!

Hey,

That's great, should be good! Good luck with your final year!
I finished my Psychology degree in June 2011, I went to Uni of Kent - so going to CCCU wont be much of a change lol - Canterbury is like my second home!

Yes hopefully will see you there! :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by albionlegend
Hellooo, I've been acepted for the PGCE Primary 5-11! I'll be commuting in as I only live about 30 mins from Canterbury.

Well done for getting a place! CCCU is meant to be great for Primary - my friend is doing her Primary PGCE there atm and she loves it!

I will be commuting too - I live an hour away - I'm used to driving there though I did it for the last two years of my degree at Kent!
Reply 15
I had my interview for a Primary PGCE at CCCU the other week, got an unconditional offer a few days later (they must have loved my application! :s-smilie:). I'm now wondering who else has been accepted onto the course. Anyone? :3
Reply 16
Original post by airlife
I had my interview for a Primary PGCE at CCCU the other week, got an unconditional offer a few days later (they must have loved my application! :s-smilie:). I'm now wondering who else has been accepted onto the course. Anyone? :3

Did they give you an unconditional because you already have your uni grades (they usually do that) or was it because you were awesome and still waiting on your degree classification?

What kind of things have you done before experience wise etc?
Reply 17
Original post by ponpon14
Did they give you an unconditional because you already have your uni grades (they usually do that) or was it because you were awesome and still waiting on your degree classification?

What kind of things have you done before experience wise etc?

I. AM. AWESOME! =D

Hehe, just kidding. I already have my grades from Uni, so I guess that was the reason why they gave me an unconditional place. I was just surprised at the swiftness of their response! :s-smilie:

In terms of experience, I've just been volunteering at a local Primary School in Faversham since November last year. Before that, I haven't done any in terms of Primary School experience as I was at university. :P How about you?
(edited 12 years ago)
Anyone know what the deal is with the health check thingie, have we got to do it really soon or do we have a while to get it done?
Reply 19
Also a quick question from me. I was told I had to complete and send off my PGCE Placement Information form, but in the top right corner it has a box for a student ID number (and it states I can't send if off until I fill that box in). So my question is this: when (and how) do we got our student ID numbers and email addresses? :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest