The Student Room Group

A2 AQA Geography 3A Summer 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1400
Could someone make a prediction on the 40 marker for world cities... A group of us this it's going to be to do with Retail (Out of town centres etc) or Suburbanisation/Counterurbanisation? But the latter seems very limited to be a 40 mark question so any Case studies may be helpful?
Does anyone have any predictions at all for World Cities short answer questions? Really getting worried now... :/
Reply 1402
my teacher gave me a load of local case studies from my area instead of one's like notting hill etc... There isn't a set list of case studies is there? because if there is i am f*****
Original post by Geohelp
could the 10 marker on PT be about Tsunamis?

oh yeah that's a possibility too i think!
Reply 1404
for plate tectonics is types of volcanoes likely to come up?
Original post by TheShore
my teacher gave me a load of local case studies from my area instead of one's like notting hill etc... There isn't a set list of case studies is there? because if there is i am f*****

There certainly isnt a set list as far as im aware. The eaxminers actually like it if you have diverse and less well known case studies, shows youve done your own research!
Does anybody know if there is a mark scheme for the questions in the back of the textbook? :smile:
Reply 1407
if Management of earthquakes came up in June10 and Jan 2012 could it come up again in the short answers?
So basically in mumbai it was an urban area that had many problems because of the high population especially with the biggest slum in world being dharavi. People started to spread through suburbanisation to get as near as possible ad the location restricted them.Therefore public transport occurred with commuters everyday going to work. This further affected dharavi as thry passed through this area everyday. Dhavari was cheap and near railways and did have some standards of living thst people got use to so governments and NGOs worked together to create navi Mumbai in the north in 1970s but this was only partly successful. Planning commissions and Indian government decided they needed to improve housing, health, education, personal vulerability which were all priorities in there 10th 5 year plan. It was inevitable for dharavi to develop so governments plan to clear the slums at a time providing temporary accomodation until 7 storey high building are created as one story are knocked down. Any family that has lived in dharavi since 1995 they have free housing and rest is for market. The 4,500 businesses of jewellery for example are given 225sqm free to develop or can have additional land with a fee. Residents therefore have a greater say and more control/ input.

Is this right? Where does bandura kurla complex come in? Is this where the 225sqm land given is??

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Hey, does anyone think that for the weather short questions, that urban microclimates can come up? I really don't want them to as its a big-ish section, I would rather anticyclones came up :P Thoughts? thanks :smile:
Original post by emelizabeth
Predictions:

Plate tectonics short questions:
7marker: some form of photo showing types of volcano at different boundaries, have to comment on it.
8marker: Intrusive activity
10 marker: Volcano management contrasting areas
Essay: Earthquakes/P.Tectonics Theory

Development
7 marker: no idea
8 marker: outline a global product
10 marker: Growth in the 21st century - new markets/technologies
Essay: Impacts of TNCs on global economy

Conflicts
7 marker: again haven't a clue
8 marker: Expression of conflict
10 marker: Impact of international conflict on environment/socially
Essay: Multiculturalism/Impacts of one international conflict (i hope!)

Want to see how close I get after tomorrow! Good luck everyone :smile:

You are right for Plate Tectonics. Pretty much what I got haha.
Original post by lewiswarby
So it cant be asked alone?
Also sustainable communities came up in January, so that looks unlikely :/

Sustainable communities is the most ambiguous so it's probably good that it came up in Jan 2012 so it's unlikely like you say to come up again.

Yeah it could come up separately Gentrification as it is one of the processes of Re-Urbanisation. :-)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1412
Oh god last day of revising :frown:
has anyone got an essay or essay plan for one international conflict and out of town retailing please? \i know parts of it but wouldn't know how to write for 40 marks.

also if i got a C in both papera last year what approx would I need for a B :smile:
Reply 1413
Original post by Top Banana
There certainly isnt a set list as far as im aware. The eaxminers actually like it if you have diverse and less well known case studies, shows youve done your own research!

ah i see,do you think this will also help with the flair marks?It's worth a shot haha
Reply 1414
Original post by Poppy071
Oh god last day of revising :frown:
has anyone got an essay or essay plan for one international conflict and out of town retailing please? \i know parts of it but wouldn't know how to write for 40 marks.

also if i got a C in both papera last year what approx would I need for a B :smile:

What did you get in the 4b? Because I got C's in all three and need a B this year aswell haha
Reply 1415
bricking it.

there's just so much content to remember!
How likely is urbanisation to come up as a short answer question for world cities?
Reply 1417
Short question predictions for world cities and weather? :smile:
When doing a plate tectonic theory practice essay, i found it difficult to think of evidence or reasons against the theory which lead to an imbalanced arguement, would i be penalised for this? plus has anyone got any reasons against the theory, thanks! :smile:
Reply 1419
Is anyone going to plan theres essay in the exam? is there any space to even do this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending