The Student Room Group

Sheffield or Southampton Medical School?

I have offers from both and really can't decide which one to go to!
Both have similar courses and when I went to look round I liked them both
Any suggestions?
Original post by panda_84
Any suggestions?

Toss a coin?
Reply 2
Southampton - I've heard the nightlife is really good, don't know much about Sheffield though...
Reply 3
Ask people who applied to both of the universities!

I stayed at Soton for a week and it was just fantastic... the city life is vibrant, and the campus is simply brilliant. Southampton General Hospital is quite amazing as well :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by Paralysis
Southampton - I've heard the nightlife is really good, don't know much about Sheffield though...

lol Sheffield is supposed to have the wildest nightlife.

But is that even important? OP pick whichever one is closer? Id go for Southampton
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by 079
lol Sheffield is supposed to have the wildest nightlife.

But is that even important? OP pick whichever one is closer? Id go for Southampton

Whoops, sorry! I only know people who go to (and love) southampton, I don't really know anything about sheffield
Reply 6
Sheffield is more affordable, a really nice friendly place and fantastic nightlife. Southampton is pretty cool too, but I think Sheffield is a friendlier and less expensive place :-D
Reply 7
It is grim up north.
Reply 8
I know people who go to and love both, but I definitely agree that down south is probs a nicer place to be in general! I think I slightly prefer the course at sheffield though

Any suggestions?

I'm just an applicant but I live basically in Sheffield, the course is much better, it's much much cheaper and everyone is really friendly compared to down south. The aesthetics aren't too everyone's taste, but I think the 'looks' of a place is very low on the list of priorities when firming :smile:
p.s I haven't even had an offer from Sheffield, so I'm in no way biased

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending