The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

What's Aberdeen University like?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by FrigidSymphony
5 conjured stars does not a true badge make.

league champions 54 times. aberdeen ? ... 7
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Original post by kirsti
league champions 54 times. aberdeen ? ... 7

Right, because winning the SPL is such a huge achievement. Try taking on Real Madrid and Bayern Munich.
Reply 22
Right, because winning the SPL is such a huge achievement. Try taking on Real Madrid and Bayern Munich.

its not that huge an achievement when you have to play against a team like yours. anyways, i cant be bothered carrying this on haha, you can cling onto whatever you like but the facts and figures show rangers to be a far more successful team than aberdeen, you cant deny that. goodbye :smile:
At least we're not going bankrupt...
Original post by Radioactive_Banana
Well I've studied at Edinburgh for a while~ its an average city I guess. You have to be prepared for grey days most of the time. Warm and sunny days are pretty rare. But most accommodation were around a few minutes to 30min away from main campus. And the main campus being right next to Nicholson Street means the cheapest grocery stores are right at your doorsteps! Tescos, lidl, sainsbury and pound land~ Very very cheap night clubs! :biggrin: But dont worry Edinburgh was lenient with me with my IB grades! I didnt meet one of their requirements but they still allowed me in. But fair warning; their teaching especially in history and classics was horrible...! Seemed like edinburgh U makes it their goal to employ the most incompetent ppl in scotland!
Aberdeen was the same when I visited there in November. Cold, grey and wet. Friendly people though! But an expensive city!!

I did my degree in aberdeen.

Best way to describe it, is that it is like a mini edinburgh; first 2 years, it is great. But then once you get into your final years, it isn't so great. Mainly because by that point you have seen everything there is to see.

The greyness got to me after 4 years tbh. :wink:
Original post by kirsti
its not that huge an achievement when you have to play against a team like yours. anyways, i cant be bothered carrying this on haha, you can cling onto whatever you like but the facts and figures show rangers to be a far more successful team than aberdeen, you cant deny that. goodbye :smile:

where's rangers european cup,god even aberdeen and aston villa have won it more times than you
:confused:
Reply 26
Original post by fat_hobbit
I did my degree in aberdeen.

Best way to describe it, is that it is like a mini edinburgh; first 2 years, it is great. But then once you get into your final years, it isn't so great. Mainly because by that point you have seen everything there is to see.

The greyness got to me after 4 years tbh. :wink:

Thanks! :smile: Mini- Edinburgh sounds good! :biggrin:
Reply 27
Original post by jhuntley93
where's rangers european cup,god even aberdeen and aston villa have won it more times than you
:confused:

i can not be bothered arguing about this anymore!! everyone knows that rangers + celtic are the best teams in Scotland. Aberdeen doesn't have a look in! If they're so "successful" why can they never beat either team to the top of the league ? the league is easy because its always a two horse race. aberdeen is crap, no discussion.
Original post by kirsti
i can not be bothered arguing about this anymore!! everyone knows that rangers + celtic are the best teams in Scotland. Aberdeen doesn't have a look in! If they're so "successful" why can they never beat either team to the top of the league ? the league is easy because its always a two horse race. aberdeen is crap, no discussion.

rangers are going to administration.

They will probably fold at this rate.:wink:
What's Aberdeen like in terms of people? I'm from Glasgow, and I'm sure its the same as everywhere, you have your bad and your good.

But like on a typical night out in Glasgow, I feel pretty intimidated and quite wary for a good portion of it. Being out of area's I'm comfortable with, I feel pretty wary as well.

Just wondered what it's like that way?

Is there much in the way of 'bam's', ghetto's and just avoidable hotspots?
Original post by Gavin Boyle
What's Aberdeen like in terms of people? I'm from Glasgow, and I'm sure its the same as everywhere, you have your bad and your good.

But like on a typical night out in Glasgow, I feel pretty intimidated and quite wary for a good portion of it. Being out of area's I'm comfortable with, I feel pretty wary as well.

That won't really happen to you unless you go to really, really dodgy areas, but most of the nightclubs and the pub areas in the city centre are completely overrun by students. You might want to stay away from Torry at night, but since you won't have any conceivable reason to go there unless you live there, you'll be fine.
Original post by Gavin Boyle

Very left wing city. The hipsters at the university are all pro palestine people - which is annoying as hell, given, half of them are just doing it to 'belong' to a social circle.

You would probably get ripped upon if you dressed posh. I was very out of place in that respect, given that I am a Londoner.
Very left wing city. The hipsters at the university are all pro palestine people - which is annoying as hell, given, half of them are just doing it to 'belong' to a social circle.

You would probably get ripped upon if you dressed posh. I was very out of place in that respect, given that I am a Londoner.

Absolute horse****.
Reply 33
No one's metioned the radiation yet?
Absolute horse****.

Well, I spent 4 years there...
Well, I spent 4 years there...

I've spent my whole life here and I couldn't disagree with your post more.

Most students in Aberdeen are local and very politically apathetic. Stereotypical far left student types are in the small minority because they tend to not come up this far north. You certainly won't get "ripped on" if you dress posh given that's probably how most people dress here given that it's a very wealthy city with a high employment rate and high salaries.
Original post by Smack
I've spent my whole life here and I couldn't disagree with your post more.

Most students in Aberdeen are local and very politically apathetic. Stereotypical far left student types are in the small minority because they tend to not come up this far north. You certainly won't get "ripped on" if you dress posh given that's probably how most people dress here given that it's a very wealthy city with a high employment rate and high salaries.

lol

Go outside of the hub during lunch break and chances are there will be a pro palestine person giving you a leaflet.
lol

Go outside of the hub during lunch break and chances are there will be a pro palestine person giving you a leaflet.

Only leaflet I've been given in over 20 years is a retain Union Terrace Gardens one.
Original post by Smack
Only leaflet I've been given in over 20 years is a retain Union Terrace Gardens one.

Well, I did, many times.

My best friend is a sociology graduate from uoa, and he even agreed with me.
Reply 39
Go anywhere near Union Street and you'll see people dressing posh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending