The Student Room Group

Higher French Discussion Thread 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scrabble96
Does anyone have any predictions on what the grade boundaries will be?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

well, last years were:
C - 48%
B - 58%
A2 - 68%
A1 - 83%
and the year before's were 2% higher, so I'm sure it'll be the average ones with +/- 2% maybe?
Original post by rawragee
well, last years were:
C - 48%
B - 58%
A2 - 68%
A1 - 83%
and the year before's were 2% higher, so I'm sure it'll be the average ones with +/- 2% maybe?

Thanks. How do you think the paper compared to previous years?

Reply 122
Does anyone have any predictions on what the grade boundaries will be?

I'm guessing the normal 50,60,70

Original post by aroy45
I'm guessing the normal 50,60,70

Damn...do you reckon the sqa marks are quite lenient?

Damn...do you reckon the sqa marks are quite lenient?

*markers

Reply 125
Original post by auberjean
I thought overall the Reading was pretty good. It wasn't too challenging.
The translation had a wacky first sentence? What did people get for that? The rest was fine.
The listening was ok start and end but in the middle I didn't hear some stuff so I had to guess.
The directed writing and personal response essays were fine - had some phrases memorised which worked well. Managed to finish both papers in good time so I am quite pleased!

Only art left which is in 8 days so I have some free time to tidy and organise my room and do some sewing! Yay!

My dictionary said "partir avex someone" meant to go/take away with someone so I translated it as she takes one of them away

Reply 126
Yeah i am sure it is to leave because even the next paragraph goes on to talk about her taking them away. It is like a topic sentence, and I can see the grade boundaries up by maybe 4% this year due to the fairness of everything. Last years essay was hard resulting in the drop but I think it will be 72 for an A.

Reply 127
what did everyone get for the bit in the translation which was something like "nous dit - elle"?
Original post by Alice95
what did everyone get for the bit in the translation which was something like "nous dit - elle"?

I assumed it would be "she tells us"?
Reply 129
oh, i will have lost that mark then. that bit threw me completely. is the pass for an A always bang on 70%?
Reply 130
Original post by Alice95
oh, i will have lost that mark then. that bit threw me completely. is the pass for an A always bang on 70%?

No is the simple answer but there is usually a variation of +/- 2/3%

What exam standard is this equivalent to?
GCSE?
A Level?
Higher than A level ?

thanks
Original post by Future Medics
What exam standard is this equivalent to?
GCSE?
A Level?
Higher than A level ?

thanks

Probably just above AS but below A2. :smile:
Reply 133
Yeah think I got the first part of the translation slightly wrong! Oh well :3

Yeah for the second advantage I got learning about how young people live in Scotland. For the who helped her get over it and shizz I said the family she stayed with? I heard loge so I just guessed. The other mark I also guessed. lol. Getting a pattern here!
Reply 134
For the question about differences between Scotland and France and why she liked Scottish school better, did you guys get that in France they have two main meals, lunch and dinner, but in Scotland they eat throughout the day? And she gets less homework and in Scotland leaves for home at 3.30pm and in France it's 5pm?
Noooooooooo! I think I've probably failed listening after hearing all your answers. :frown: If anyone has the answers it would be greatly appreciated.

Reply 136
what did you guys put for the last question about what she gained from the experience and what here last thoughts were?
Reply 137
Noooooooooo! I think I've probably failed listening after hearing all your answers. :frown: If anyone has the answers it would be greatly appreciated.

I might be wrong you know! Don't worry!! I bet you will have done great! In the prelim I failed the listening and still got an A, so don't worry AT ALL :biggrin:
Reply 138
Original post by Alice95
what did you guys put for the last question about what she gained from the experience and what here last thoughts were?

Bleeeeeeeeh I can't quite remember actually! I am pretty sure I heard debruiller which means to cope so I think she learned to cope on her own? And improved her confidence?
Reply 139
So each month she takes on of them away in order to give them a little moment of happiness. "they don't ask for the moon" she tells us. "They are realistic and as a general rule, have the same passions/loves as every child"
Teacher copy :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending