The Student Room Group

Higher French Discussion Thread 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by auberjean
Bleeeeeeeeh I can't quite remember actually! I am pretty sure I heard debruiller which means to cope so I think she learned to cope on her own? And improved her confidence?

Wow I didn't hear cope but I guessed it! :biggrin: I said she has more confidence in herself now and can do things by herself :grouphugs:

EDIT: I really hope that they're not specifically asking for 'cope' though... :colondollar:
Reply 141
Original post by Quick-use
Wow I didn't hear cope but I guessed it! :biggrin: I said she has more confidence in herself now and can do things by herself :grouphugs:

EDIT: I really hope that they're not specifically asking for 'cope' though... :colondollar:

Pretty sure they won't! Debruiller translates to a lot of things like getting accustomed to etc. Really thankful one word I tested religiously using Studyblue came up, haha! WEW I HAVE REGAINED HOPE IN THE WORLD! :dance: :grouphugs:
Pretty sure they won't! Debruiller translates to a lot of things like getting accustomed to etc. Really thankful one word I tested religiously using Studyblue came up, haha! WEW I HAVE REGAINED HOPE IN THE WORLD! :dance: :grouphugs:

:dancing2: YAY! :biggrin:
Original post by Alice95
what did you guys put for the last question about what she gained from the experience and what here last thoughts were?

I put that she gained more self confidence, and that she learned to manage by herself :smile:
I looked up debrouiller (or whatever) and it had all sorts of meanings such as to deal with/to cope/to manage so I'm hopeful they won't have an exact meaning :biggrin:
um for the last bit, I said she was happy to return to France to see her friends and family? I couldn't hear anything else so just guessed!

I love when moments like that happen :biggrin: I only learnt a description on a job last night, in the off chance it might come up, I quietly cheered inside when I saw the directed writing :dance:
I thought the listening went well, considering. My school normally make us do it in a big echoey hall so it was a nice surprise to find out they put us in a room and even nicer when the CD player was sat right in front of me. I told my teacher I think I got at least 10 for the listening and she was overjoyed. Goes to show how difficult everyone finds it.
Just out of curiosity, does anyone have the listening answers. Thought I at least passed...but now I'm not too sure... :frown: :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending