The Student Room Group

BTEC Extended Diploma in Applied Science Level 3

Hi folks, anyone hate doing coursework for btec what units are struggling with and how many distinctions are looking to get this year ?

thanks much apprecited:smile::biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi quite unrelated as i'll be doing level 3 next year, how hard are distinctions and are there any books or websites which will help with BTEC ?
Reply 2
If your doing BTEC Extended Diploma in Applied Science Level 3, then yes Distinctions are quite hard, I mainly use A Level websites in compliance to my Units for example one the first units you will do I think is Perceptions of Science. Which invovles mainly theory rather than practical, but it requires critical and ethical thinking to answer questions but it isn't hard to get distinctions but other units such as Physiology oF The Human Body Systems, you should use the website biology mad a level and it will explain everything in detail.

If you are sturggling with any current units just private message me and I will be gladly to help you
Reply 3
Hellooooooooooo :biggrin:
I'm currently studying the BTEC and hoping to get DDD or if I can D*'s.
What about you and have you applied to uni? :h::goofy:
Reply 4
Original post by farhana0178
Hellooooooooooo :biggrin:
I'm currently studying the BTEC and hoping to get DDD or if I can D*'s.
What about you and have you applied to uni? :h::goofy:

Yeah Im hopefully to get D*D*D I have applied to Lancaster, Nottingham, Hertfordshire, Sussex, Plymouth. Im applying for Bsc Honours in Biology and Psychology

I got 3 Offers which are Nottingham, Hertfordshire, Sussex and 1 Rejection. Also got a interview on the 16th for lancaster.

If you need any help darling private message with your coursework:smile:
Hey guys new to this, I am currently studying GCSE Applied Science and I am only getting C's, I would like to go to university and study Forensic Science to do this I will need to get minimum Distinction, Merit, Merit is this possible to achieve if I try my hardest? Any tips and advice for this course? I'd be much appreciated :biggrin:
Reply 6
Hey it isn't a walk in the park but it is definitely achievable. If you set your mind to it you could even get 3 Distinctions or D*. A word of advice is try and hand in your assignments on time coz the last thing you want is to find out that you can actually swim in your pile of coursework :L :smile:
Reply 7
Hey congrats on your offers and omg I've chosen the same course at uni :biggrin:
BTW I'd advice you not send ppl your cwrk. You can get into serious trouble for that even though you don't know them :s-smilie:
Reply 8
Help pls I need unit 14 the healthy body aqa notes- applied science, where can I find them, any sites.
Thanx
Thanks for the advice farhana0178 :smile:
No problemo :biggrin:
Original post by farhana0178
Hey it isn't a walk in the park but it is definitely achievable. If you set your mind to it you could even get 3 Distinctions or D*. A word of advice is try and hand in your assignments on time coz the last thing you want is to find out that you can actually swim in your pile of coursework :L :smile:

hey what is the difference between a distinction and distinction*and can you go on and study pharmacy at uni and if yeah what unis cuz i cant seem to fine any. Thanks in advances :smile:)
Original post by NaumanZoSo
Hi folks, anyone hate doing coursework for btec what units are struggling with and how many distinctions are looking to get this year ?

thanks much apprecited:smile::biggrin:

hey what is the difference between a distinction and distinction*and can you go on and study pharmacy at uni and if yeah what unis cuz i cant seem to fine any. Thanks in advances
Reply 13
Just to let you know there is a book which you can purchase costs around £20. The whole course is structured around that book. Any thing of any unit you study will be in there. It's like the answer book for btec. It shows you want units you are doing. If you want let me know I'll send you a link for that specific edexel book.
Reply 14
Original post by LittleMizzSunshine
hey what is the difference between a distinction and distinction*and can you go on and study pharmacy at uni and if yeah what unis cuz i cant seem to fine any. Thanks in advances :smile:)

Hi, Distinction*=a*
Distinction=a
Merit=c
Pass=e
Reply 15
Hi i am new to this and i want to know what kind of things are needed for a D*?? any Tips?? Ohh btw i am going to do extended applied science..hope anyone can help :smile:
Original post by Rukiaa
Hi i am new to this and i want to know what kind of things are needed for a D*?? any Tips?? Ohh btw i am going to do extended applied science..hope anyone can help :smile:

I'm also about to start this course and want to know what's needed for a D* (:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Hi, I just wanted to know if your able to do pharmacy with BTEC Science guys??

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 18
Original post by Yasserchatta
Hi, I just wanted to know if your able to do pharmacy with BTEC Science guys??

Which one? Most unis want Chemistry A-level B grade or better. Some accept a mixture of A levels and BTECs. Check out details on the UCAS pages
Reply 19
Im doing BTEC Level 3 diploma in applied science, can i still do biomedicine at uni?

Quick Reply