The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cubic
Okay.

I just don't see it as being very time efficient.

haha, fair enough.
I must say, I agree with cubic. I would much prefer to revise on my own out of books, and then complete past papers and mark them myself etc.

It would just frustrate me if somebody who was asking me questions worded them incorrectly. Also, they ask the questions in the science papers very similarly each year, so revising past papers will get you used to how they work the questions.
Reply 2062
My school only does Christianity.
Original post by CharlieBoardman
I must say, I agree with cubic. I would much prefer to revise on my own out of books, and then complete past papers and mark them myself etc.

It would just frustrate me if somebody who was asking me questions worded them incorrectly. Also, they ask the questions in the science papers very similarly each year, so revising past papers will get you used to how they work the questions.

Yeaah, I see what you mean, but also if the person words it differently it prepares you for if the exam board would.

Original post by Cubic
My school only does Christianity.

Cool :cool: But it's always better to have a variety to teach people more about religions.
Original post by TheDizzeeKid
haha, I was pretty pleased with the B on the mock! We had 1hr 15mins to complete it which was ample time so I set out on completing it a.s.a.p (I finished in 30mins!), so I could get some sleep lol.

Ohh right..We study War and Peace, Abortion, Animal Rights, Planet earth etc. and we see what Christians and Buddhists' views are on them.

The Exam board give you more than enough time to complete it. I completed the real exam in less than half the time given.

Ah, you've just refreshed my memory! We also studied war/abortions/contraception and different religions views on them. So boring.
Reply 2065
Cool :cool: But it's always better to have a variety to teach people more about religions.

I agree. It would also make things more interesting.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Cubic
I agree. It would also make things more intresting.

Religious? Interesting? Well that's new...
What science course are you doing? Core science or Triple science? If your doing the latter (Triple) I'm assuming your talking about C3, P3 and B3?
It's quite a good idea actually.

Core science, I was going to do triple but seen as I want to be an investment banker , it wasn't gonna be beneficial. Btw is 'Core Science' and 'Additional Science' two different things?
Original post by TheEntrepreneur
Core science, I was going to do triple but seen as I want to be an investment banker , it wasn't gonna be beneficial. Btw is 'Core Science' and 'Additional Science' two different things?

Ohh right. In KS3 I was in bottom set for science :eek: My teachers said it was something to do with behaviour and I was like :wtf:...I decided to do Triple against their wishes lol, and I haven't got less than an A in any of the exams in Chem, Biol and Phys...If any of my ex teachers are out there :upyours:
Religious? Interesting? Well that's new...

haha :lol:

Original post by Cubic
I agree. It would also make things more interesting.

:yep: And become more accepting of people's religions.

The Exam board give you more than enough time to complete it. I completed the real exam in less than half the time given.

Ah, you've just refreshed my memory! We also studied war/abortions/contraception and different religions views on them. So boring.

Yeah, they give ample time but some of mates around me were still writing up until the end!

:yep: It's quite interesting topics but my teacher makes it VERY boring. Not to mention she works us to near death!

I think Triple Science would be beneficial to anybody, as it does look good on you GCSE results paper, whether it's relevant to what you do after School or not.

What are you taking at A-Level?
Has any1 known any1 who has cheated in their controlled assessments? A small minority of teachers in my school let people cheat, e.g in science ISAs if someone does their graph and table wrong, they are allowed to redo them. and in language writing controlled assessments they let people bring in drafts to copy from! I actually can't believe it, but if I tell someone, that might jeopardise my hard earned grades. :frown:
I think Triple Science would be beneficial to anybody, as it does look good on you GCSE results paper, whether it's relevant to what you do after School or not.

What are you taking at A-Level?

Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Spanish. How about you?
Has any1 known any1 who has cheated in their controlled assessments? A small minority of teachers in my school let people cheat, e.g in science ISAs if someone does their graph and table wrong, they are allowed to redo them. and in language writing controlled assessments they let people bring in drafts to copy from! I actually can't believe it, but if I tell someone, that might jeopardise my hard earned grades. :frown:

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Spanish. How about you?

Yes that definitely makes sense for investment banking...
I'll be taking Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology at AS. Maths, Further Maths and Physics at A2, along with an extended project.

Loads of people cheat...Have you ever cheated?
I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Yes that definitely makes sense for investment banking...
I'll be taking Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology at AS. Maths, Further Maths and Physics at A2, along with an extended project.

What career would you like to pursue?
Reply 2076
any1 doing gcse mandarin or astronomy????? these are the only two subjects that I'm scared of getting a B/C in!

I'm doing astronomy :smile:

Despite only having 30 mins a week, from the beginning of Year11, (so 15 hours of lessons for a two year course...), I've found that private study has made up for it :smile:

Why do you feel you will get a B/C - lack of revision? If so - start now! :tongue:
What career would you like to pursue?

Well I want to study Mathematics with Theoretical Physics at Cambridge University.. And I don't really know what I want to do from there.

Over the past couple of months, I have been researching about what the do at CERN in Geneva. You know what CERN is right? The Large Hadron Collider etc? Must have heard of it. Basically it involves a lot of Maths and Physics :biggrin:

I'd also like to teach in later life after I've finished a career. Just because I respect my Maths and Physics teacher so much, and I am highly influenced by them both. It just feels right to go into teaching at some point, like they did :smile: kind of like a vocation.
Well I want to study Mathematics with Theoretical Physics at Cambridge University.. And I don't really know what I want to do from there.

Over the past couple of months, I have been researching about what the do at CERN in Geneva. You know what CERN is right? The Large Hadron Collider etc? Must have heard of it. Basically it involves a lot of Maths and Physics :biggrin:

I'd also like to teach in later life after I've finished a career. Just because I respect my Maths and Physics teacher so much, and I am highly influenced by them both. It just feels right to go into teaching at some point, like they did :smile: kind of like a vocation.

Nice :cool: I'm thinking about doing either Medicine, Mechanical Engineering or Economics.

Obviously I know :rolleyes: My Physics teacher told us her and her friend were doing research at University and CERN offered her friend an apprenticeship there or something and now he does research there :awesome:

Would you ever consider Engineering.
Reply 2079

Will you be taking Maths and Further maths at the same time, because I'm doing Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics - and I love maths but decided against F. Maths due to the work load.

If so how will you cope with 15 AS summer exams?

Latest