The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Caz.123
Oh you're resitting? I see. Are you doing triple science or just core and additional?

core + additional i wanted to do triple but i flopped it all last year :frown: F's and D's
Not done any revision today... Meh, I'll start tomorrow :biggrin: how much revision are you guys averaging per day?
Original post by CharlieBoardman
Not done any revision today... Meh, I'll start tomorrow :biggrin: how much revision are you guys averaging per day?

i did a couple of hours this morning.. not doing too much :smile:
Reply 2223
1:50 - 2:15. Love it.

[video="youtube;vioZf4TjoUI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vioZf4TjoUI[/video]
Is there anybody good at Physics that could help me understand Question 7a on here? I have the markscheme up but the answer is missing. :rolleyes: Thanks :smile:
Reply 2225
Original post by Pandora.
Is there anybody good at Physics that could help me understand Question 7a on here? I have the markscheme up but the answer is missing. :rolleyes: Thanks :smile:

Hmm I would have said the one they marked as C was actually B so I'm afraid I'm obviously no use!
Original post by Caz.123
Hmm I would have said the one they marked as C was actually B so I'm afraid I'm obviously no use!

Exactly, that's what I would have put! I don't recall ever seeing anything like this in class before. :frown: Thanks for looking anyway! :smile:
Reply 2227

Hmm just using logical I would say the answer are (from left to right); D; A; B.

And actually from what I've learnt from my AQA spec, that makes sense :smile:
Original post by USB
Hmm just using logical I would say the answer are (from left to right); D; A; B.

And actually from what I've learnt from my AQA spec, that makes sense :smile:

I probably would have put D there, but I wouldn't have had a clue which order to put A and B in. Thanks! :h:
Reply 2229
Exactly, that's what I would have put! I don't recall ever seeing anything like this in class before. :frown: Thanks for looking anyway! :smile:

Its odd that its not in the mark scheme. does that mean that question was removed when the paper was marked, eg its a confusing question that many people struggled with?
Reply 2230
I have the markscheme up but the answer is missing. :rolleyes: Thanks :smile:

It's safe to assume that the answer is missing because the question is written incorrectly and therefore the marks from the question are unavailable.

Happens with AQA all the time.

Edit: Caz beat me to it.

On another note, if you encounter a question that you can't solve on the real exam, move on, it may be written incorrectly too.
(edited 12 years ago)
If the question isn't on the mark scheme, it has probably be changed... try the examiner report for that exam season (Summer 2007)?
Reply 2232
I probably would have put D there, but I wouldn't have had a clue which order to put A and B in. Thanks! :h:

Well, I had a look at the gradient of the line, and at points A and B was where the gradient was the highest and the lowest, thus implying the most/ least rate of voltage induced, which is directly related to the magnetic field strength. :tongue:

Physics can be confusing when worded like that though :/
Original post by Caz.123
Its odd that its not in the mark scheme. does that mean that question was removed when the paper was marked, eg its a confusing question that many people struggled with?
Original post by Cubic
It's safe to assume that the answer is missing because the question is written incorrectly and therefore the marks from the question are unavailable.

On another note, if you encounter a question that you can't solve on the real exam, move on, it may be written incorrectly too.
Original post by ArtisticFlair
If the question isn't on the mark scheme, it has probably be changed... try the examiner report for that exam season (Summer 2007)?

I've just checked the examiner report, and it says this:
Only the most able completed the graph correctly

Which seems to imply that the question did actually have a solution? Odd...
Reply 2234
Original post by Cubic

But come back to it if you have time, its better to put down something as then at least you might get some marks if its not written incorrectly. If you dont write anything, you cant get any marks!
Reply 2235
I've just checked the examiner report, and it says this:

Which seems to imply that the question did actually have a solution? Odd...

If we agree that the first box is C, logic tells us that the second box is D due to it being the bottom-most part of the wave.

Then the next two boxes point at '0' and the options are 'highest and lowest'. How can 0 be both the highest and lowest? Also, 0 volts means 0 amps, no current means no magnetic field in the coil.

I can't see how it has a solution.

I would put C,D,B:smile:
I have also come to the conclusion that the question has been written incorrectly. I wouldn't stress over it :smile: It happens all the time. There was a mistake on the P2 paper back in January which I noticed during the exam.
Original post by Cubic
If we agree that the first box is C, logic tells us that the second box is D due to it being the bottom-most part of the wave.

Then the next two boxes point at '0' and the options are 'highest and lowest'. How can 0 be both the highest and lowest? Also, 0 volts means 0 amps, no current means no magnetic field in the coil.

I can't see how it has a solution.

Aboslutely, that really confuses me! Thinking back now though, I vaguely remember this coming up in a past paper and my teacher explaining it to us as if it was really easy! I don't think I was listening to him very well though because I don't remember what he said... :biggrin:

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 2239
Original post by CharlieBoardman
There was a mistake on the P2 paper back in January which I noticed during the exam.

Really? I didn't notice any mistake, what was the mistake?

Latest