The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pandora.
Absolutely, great idea! :smile:

Yep I've got it! :smile: I haven't seen the booklet in class yet though, but I've found it online. :tongue:

Yeah, I'm trying to find anything that includes possible questions for it. Last year I found a thread that had loads of possible questions and they really helped because I'm rubbish at makin my own up for it!!
Original post by Springroo96
Yeah, I'm trying to find anything that includes possible questions for it. Last year I found a thread that had loads of possible questions and they really helped because I'm rubbish at makin my own up for it!!

I remember for the Core Ideas In Context exam last year, I had some notes that I'd made in class and ended up sending them to half of TSR. I've never felt so popular. :tongue: :biggrin:
Original post by Sheel1
What grade is everyone at in science? ( Core + addition / Tripple ) ??

I got an A* in Core Science last year and am on A* in Biology Chemistry and Physics this year (got 100% in each exam in january :smile:)
Original post by Dalek1099
I don't do the books your studying unfortunately,which is a shame because i'm on an A at English Literature and looking to get an A* at poetry and get an A* overall and then I will have an A* in both Language and Literature because I have an A* in Language,to be moderated already.

Oh my goodness, can you please get off the Year 11 thread?
Original post by ArtisticFlair
Oh my goodness, can you please get off the Year 11 thread?

Lol what is your problem with him? He is just talking to a few people about english, there is no problem!
What exam board is everyboy with for Science?

And what option are you doing:

Core and Additional
Triple
Core and Triple
Core, Additional and Triple
Original post by GreenLantern1

Core and Additional
Triple
Core and Triple

OCR Core & Additional. :smile:
Reply 2367

Core and Additional
Triple
Core and Triple

AQA but the options don't make sense...
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
OK, here goes! This is on Falling leaves and the question at the bottom of the CGP revision guide says "have a go at answering this one - What us the poet's attitude towards the war, and how does she show this?"

I spent about 5 minutes on this so far.

Cole personifies the tree's leaves as soldiers, and by doing this we start to discover that as they start "dropping" it is in fact a metaphor for the soldiers dying rapidly. Imagery is used so that the reader sympathises with these soldiers due to the lack respect from society, this can be seen as a leaf is an insubstantial aspect of our lives, we don't think about them, and yet they're vital in order for us to live. Cole is suggesting that these soldiers are dying alongside millions of others , and forgotten by society as there is "no wind", nobody seems to hold views on the current war affairs. Pathetic fallacy is used to describe the tranquil public opinion as she writes as if nothing has happened: "in a still afternoon".

Do I need to put more evidence in there?

When is your AS ICT2 exam? My INFO2 AS ICT exam is 29 March, thinking maybe yours is same day? What mark is yours out of , 80?
Original post by Pandora.
OCR Core & Additional. :smile:

Gateway or 21st Century? P.S. Gateway is better!

Core and Additional
Triple
Core and Triple

Aqa core and additional.

Are you sure there's a such thing of core and triple because would that mean your getting4 gces even though you done the 1's already? ( eg b1a,b1b... )
Original post by USB
AQA but the options don't make sense...

Why don't they make sense?

You will either have:
GCSE Science and GCSE Additional Science;
GCSE Biology, GCSE Chemistry and GCSE Physics;
GCSE Science, GCSE Biology, GCSE Chemistry and GCSE Physics; (I do this one)
GCSE Science, GCSE Additional Science, GCSE Biology, GCSE Chemistry and GCSE Physics;

Which category do you fall into?

Core and Additional
Triple
Core and Triple

Aqa core and additional.

Are you sure there's a such thing of core and triple because would that mean your getting 4 gces even though you would have done the 1's already for triple?( eg b1a,b1b... )

Same thing for core, addition and triple mate.. you can only do triple OR core and additional ^^
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Sheel1
Aqa core and additional.

Are you sure there's a such thing of core and triple because would that mean your getting4 gces even though you done the 1's already? ( eg b1a,b1b... )

Well I am doing Core and triple. Did core last year and am doing triple this year. For my exam board the way you sit the exams are different, you do different piece of coursework but by doing Core you cover some of the same modules again, like the 1's and 2's.

EDIT: I will have 4 GCSEs then
Well I am doing Core and triple. Did core last year and am doing triple this year. For my exam board the way you sit the exams are different, you do different piece of coursework but by doing Core you cover some of the same modules again, like the 1's and 2's.

EDIT: I will have 4 GCSEs then

Wouldn't the triple cancel out the core? I ask your teacher if i was you :s-smilie:

EDIT: what exam board are you with? Because normally all the exam boards are similer they just vary in the differentiation of the test papers and syllabuses.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2375
Why don't they make sense?

You will either have:
GCSE Science and GCSE Additional Science;
GCSE Biology, GCSE Chemistry and GCSE Physics;
GCSE Science, GCSE Biology, GCSE Chemistry and GCSE Physics; (I do this one)
GCSE Science, GCSE Additional Science, GCSE Biology, GCSE Chemistry and GCSE Physics;

Which category do you fall into?

Biology, Chemistry and Physics.

But the bottom two are exactly the same as that - they overlap. :tongue:

You can only ever get three science GCSEs (or four if you include Astronomy).
Original post by USB

No you can get 5, by doing core, additional and triple. Unis count it as 5. I inquired Cambridge about my situation and told them how I used different courseworks for core to the triple ones and although I did exams that had some cross - over in topics the exams were sat differently so Core still counts as another GCSE. The people in the year above me had 5 GCSEs (well set 1)!!
Original post by Sheel1
Wouldn't the triple cancel out the core? I ask your teacher if i was you :s-smilie:

EDIT: what exam board are you with? Because normally all the exam boards are similer they just vary in the differentiation of the test papers and syllabuses.

My exam board is OCR Gateway. And it was my teacher who told us that all 4 count. I inquired Cambridge with an e-mail about this as I was still a little unsure and they said that they count as 4 separate GCSEs then.
Original post by USB

Astronomy isn't a science, don't kid yourself. It falls in there with Geology; the 'Earth Science'.
Reply 2379
Astronomy isn't a science, don't kid yourself. It falls in there with Geology; the 'Earth Science'.

Are you serious?

Have you even studied the course?... :rolleyes:

I can assure you, it's broad enough to be considered a science of its own.

Latest