The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

has anyone else done 'The Crucible' since this is theonly notes i need, i want some REALLY interesting notes on it, not some bog-standard notes which everyone knows?

If so i have got some great notes on some of the 'Character and Voice Poems' which helped me get 1 mark off an A* in the exam in january, and believe me when only 2 people achieved an A* in the year, i was very pleased!

Thankyou :biggrin:
What GCSE Results are everyone expecting to get on this thread? :smile:
If anyone enjoys English lit I advise you to do it at A-level, lovely subject :smile:
Reply 3063
Original post by CharlieBoardman

Well considering this is TSR, they'll be higher typically than the average nationally.

I'm aiming for 5 A*'s, and the rest A's, perhaps one B. And that's the lower end of the scale for around here :frown:

All A's and A* 's apart from English Lang, lit and French. I'd be very happy if I got an A in English Lit but I think it probably be a B.
Original post by berryripple
If anyone enjoys English lit I advise you to do it at A-level, lovely subject :smile:

What did you get in your AS levels?
Original post by c3ntury
Well considering this is TSR, they'll be higher typically than the average nationally.

I'm aiming for 5 A*'s, and the rest A's, perhaps one B. And that's the lower end of the scale for around here :frown:

Yes, TSR's average is a lot higher than the national average, but I wouldn't say your expected grades are below TSR average!!

Original post by multiplexing-gamer
All A's and A* 's apart from English Lang, lit and French. I'd be very happy if I got an A in English Lit but I think it probably be a B.

You sound exactly the same as me! I will most likely get a B in Lit -.- I didn't want any B's, but I'm beyond caring about Literature now! :biggrin:
how is everyone revisisng for the full Religious studies course- AQA?
Reply 3068
Original post by science-oliver
has anyone else done 'The Crucible' since this is theonly notes i need, i want some REALLY interesting notes on it, not some bog-standard notes which everyone knows?

If so i have got some great notes on some of the 'Character and Voice Poems' which helped me get 1 mark off an A* in the exam in january, and believe me when only 2 people achieved an A* in the year, i was very pleased!

Thankyou :biggrin:

Yes please. I will inbox you my email if you're happy to send them
Reply 3069

This sounds like me (although I think I should get an A/A* in french), the Englishs will probably pull me down :frown:
Reply 3070
Oh man, had one of those days where I just cba doing any revision. Sat at my desk about 6 times today and I'd say I've revised 1 topic fully :frown:

Feel really unmotivated for some reason, I'll let you know if it gets better tomorrow.
Original post by Caz.123
This sounds like me (although I think I should get an A/A* in french), the Englishs will probably pull me down :frown:

English is my fall down too. English sucks.
I'll just remember to back up everything I write, embed quotes, have good SPaG and make up something original, then hope for the best
Reply 3073
Original post by berryripple

Oh whats it like, I am taking in next year. :smile:
What did you get in your AS levels?

I'm in year 12, I haven't done them yet. Supposed to be getting AAAA though.
For anybody who is interested in maths, stick BBC Four on now. A programme is starting in a couple of minutes called 'The story of Maths'. It is presented by Marcus du Sautoy, a Maths professor from Oxford.

It is the final show of a 4 part series, but you could still understand what is going on. It's quite interesting!
For anybody who is interested in maths, stick BBC Four on now. A programme is starting in a couple of minutes called 'The story of Maths'. It is presented by Marcus du Sautoy, a Maths professor from Oxford.

It is the final show of a 4 part series, but you could still understand what is going on. It's quite interesting!

I love Marcus du Sautoy! I'll watch it on BBC iPlayer tonight, it's EastEnders time :colone:
Reply 3077

Seeing as before this week I've only ever revised the day before and on the way to school on the day, my predictions are lower than what I'm hoping to achieve. Recently I've been working hard so I hope to improve them by quite a bit.

Predicted: 5A* | 2A | 2B
Hoping: 7A* | 2B

The two A's were biology and r.e which I want to make A*'s
The two B's are English Lit. and English Lang. They can rot.
I love Marcus du Sautoy! I'll watch it on BBC iPlayer tonight, it's EastEnders time :colone:

Watched that last week as well. I read his book Music of the Primes. Was a good read!
Reply 3079
A programme is starting in a couple of minutes called 'The story of Maths'.

Ooh, I watched the second half of that last week.

Latest