The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3120
Original post by CharlieBoardman
Yes, they can cost quite a bit. http://www.opticalvision.co.uk/astronomical_telescopes/sky-watcher/dobsonians
The one I'm looking at getting is about a third way down the page, Skyliner-250PX. :smile: the skies really are fascinating!

If you cannot find it, I will post you mine! :biggrin: just read it! :biggrin:

Oh wow. Make sure you use it, I got one for my 3rd birthday (why the hell do you buy a three year old a telescope?!) and as I never used it they sold it when I was about 6 or 7.

Thank you, I will keep a look out! These are great recommendations!
Original post by aefli
^^^ yeah yeah, that was a wording error.....:colondollar: But I'm proud to see how "on the ball" you two are!

Okay, stupid question alert! How do you do multiple quotes? Last time I tried it was quite the disaster!

Yes I saw your post explaining the misswording a few seconds after I posted that! :smile: it's fine :smile:
I lve reading up on Mathematics, it's my way of procrastinating! Yet it's a very effective form :biggrin:

For multi-quotes, click the orange '+' bottom to the right hand side of the button which says 'quote', and the text which you have quoted should appear at the bottom of the page in the reply box. You should type what you need to reply to that quote underneath. Then if there is another post you want to quote, go and find it, and click the '+' button again, and it should appear directly below the text you've just been typing, then reply to that one by typing underneath as normal :smile:

Hope this helped! If it didn't, just say, and I will try to explain better :smile:
Original post by Cubic
Nope, sorry.

I'm in love with this so I made it my desktop background. :tongue:

Thats the Physics book right? Is it good ?
Reply 3123
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
Thats the Physics book right? Is it good ?

It's not a book, just a wallpaper based on a thought experiment. The book you may be referring to is called In Search of Schrödinger's Cat: Quantum Physics And Reality, and I haven't read it so I'm not sure although I heard that it's good.
Reply 3124
Yes I saw your post explaining the misswording a few seconds after I posted that! :smile: it's fine :smile:
I lve reading up on Mathematics, it's my way of procrastinating! Yet it's a very effective form :biggrin:

For multi-quotes, click the orange '+' bottom to the right hand side of the button which says 'quote', and the text which you have quoted should appear at the bottom of the page in the reply box. You should type what you need to reply to that quote underneath. Then if there is another post you want to quote, go and find it, and click the '+' button again, and it should appear directly below the text you've just been typing, then reply to that one by typing underneath as normal :smile:

Hope this helped! If it didn't, just say, and I will try to explain better :smile:

Yep, thank you! Night :smile:
Original post by GreenLantern1
I'm on -66 lol.

-105 :rofl:
Original post by aefli
Yep, thank you! Night :smile:

Night :smile: Speak soon!
Reply 3127
How did you guys manage to get so low? Random positive ratings seem to come more than random negative ratings, for me at least. (+39)
Original post by Cubic

Original post by multiplexing-gamer

Original post by aefli

Original post by GreenLantern1

18th April 22:20-23:00 on Channel Dave. Dara O'Briain and Marcus Du Sautoy are hosting a Maths programme. I imagine it will be really interesting!
Do you guys prefer exams or coursework / controlled assessment ?

I much prefer exams, they are easier, more respectable and are much quicker! They are usually worth more than coursework aswell! I think that they are better all around.
Original post by Cubic
How did you guys manage to get so low? Random positive ratings seem to come more than random negative ratings, for me at least. (+39)

I got 9 positive ratings yesterday, my rep went up by 2 -.- I got a good and a bad one today, and my rep decreased by 4. I have really bad luck.
Original post by matty123
Do you guys prefer exams or coursework / controlled assessment ?

I much prefer exams, they are easier, more respectable and are much quicker! They are usually worth more than coursework aswell! I think that they are better all around.

It all depends on which subject. This is also quite a subjective question.

For Maths and sciences, I like exams. For English Lang/Lit, I prefere coursework.
Reply 3132
I got 9 positive ratings yesterday, my rep went up by 2 -.- I got a good and a bad one today, and my rep decreased by 4. I have really bad luck.

Dave - love that channel!

Yeah, that happens to me too. All negative reps seem to count though! :angry:
Reply 3133

Hahaha. :tongue:

I've finished my chemistry notes up until analysis (which I think I'll complete after being taught it in school).

Could you look over my notes and give me some feedback? I think I'll add some images and make things a little more fun as quite a few of my friends want to take a look too. If you have any ideas then I'd appreciate them. :smile:
Original post by aefli
Dave - love that channel!

Yeah, that happens to me too. All negative reps seem to count though! :angry:

An amazing channel! :biggrin:

And I know! I don't understand how some people have so much good reputation :curious:
Just done some research, supposedly an Engineering degree is ridiculously difficult. Why do the subjects I want to do have to be soo difficult?! Ahh man, I dunno if I should just go for that, and risk getting a bad degree grade or what? :frown:
Reply 3136
And I know! I don't understand how some people have so much good reputation :curious:

People in the GCSE forum don't have much rep, so when they rep someone it doesn't count for much.

People in other forums such as the A level one have much more rep, so gaining a positive rating there counts for a lot more.

Personally, it doesn't bother me. Although, I don't really like being negged for trying to help someone.
Original post by Cubic
Nope, sorry.

I'm in love with this so I made it my desktop background. :tongue:

Amazing. It definitely deserved rep. Pnly know about it because of Big Bang Theory as well.
Original post by Cubic
Hahaha. :tongue:

I've finished my chemistry notes up until analysis (which I think I'll complete after being taught it in school).

Could you look over my notes and give me some feedback? I think I'll add some images and make things a little more fun as quite a few of my friends want to take a look too. If you have any ideas then I'd appreciate them. :smile:

Fantastic! I will PM you my E-Mail. I will have a brief look tonight, but I won't give feedback till tomorrow, after I've examined it thoroughly. My scientific thinking will be much more intact tomorrow morning rather than tonight! :biggrin: I'll give you as much constructive criticism as I can :smile:
Reply 3139
Fantastic! I will PM you my E-Mail. I will have a brief look tonight, but I won't give feedback till tomorrow, after I've examined it thoroughly. My scientific thinking will be much more intact tomorrow morning rather than tonight! :biggrin: I'll give you as much constructive criticism as I can :smile:

Great, thanks. :smile:

Latest