Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Current Year 11 Thread Mark II

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fulfill_dreams015)
    For A-levels: Biology, Chemistry, English Literature and History
    What would you like to do at University?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pandora.)
    Cubic, you're going down bro.
    Oh noes.
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Most people are doing the same A-levels on here with a few differences
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    To all the A*/A regulars on here. How do you revise? Also what is everyone aiming to get for their GCSE's?
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    To all the A*/A regulars on here. How do you revise? Also what is everyone aiming to get for their GCSE's?
    Just take notes out of your book (then past papers), apart from Maths and Science just do past papers.
    I'm not aimng for anything in particular to avoid disappointment, I've worked my hardest so I'll get the best of my ability regardless of what grade I get.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by multiplexing-gamer)
    Most people are doing the same A-levels on here with a few differences
    Pretty much! Although there are a few taking the 'English's' :curious:
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    Past papers are your best best. Obviously read throu a revision book beforehand. But past papers are fantastic. Solely because you have then answered actual test paper questions, and the questions they ask are VERY similar every year. So once you have done all the past papers, there isn't much they can throw at you that you haven't already seen IMO.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieBoardman)
    IMO
    I always get confused between IMO being in my opinion and the olympiad. Also, IB being investment banking and what ever that international bapowkoajoaw is.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    What would you like to do at University?
    I may go down the Biomedical Science route and then after go to Uni. again but enter as a graduate.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cubic)
    I always get confused between IMO being in my opinion and the olympiad. Also, IB being investment banking and what ever that international bapowkoajoaw is.
    You can usually tell which one somebody means due to the context it is put in! 'there isn't much they could throw at you that you haven't already seen International Mathematics Olympiad' As you can see, it doesn't really make that much sense :P

I thought IMO was International Marmite Organisation :curious:
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...760892&page=74 second post down. OWNED
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    I may go down the Biomedical Science route and then after go to Uni. again but enter as a graduate.
    Why are you taking English Literature and Geography for Biomedial Science?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    You can usually tell which one somebody means due to the context it is put in! 'there isn't much they could throw at you that you haven't already seen International Mathematics Olympiad' As you can see, it doesn't really make that much sense :P

I thought IMO was International Marmite Organisation :curious:
    I was just scimming through posts and saw that you were talking about what questions might come up and stuff.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cubic)
    I was just scimming through posts and saw that you were talking about what questions might come up and stuff.
    Ohhhh whilst we are on the subject, have you ever sat a UKMT Paper?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ohhhh whilst we are on the subject, have you ever sat a UKMT Paper?
    Nope.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cubic)
    Nope.
    Could you be blunter next time please?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why are you taking English Literature and Geography for Biomedial Science?
    I'm not taking Geography.

I'm taking English Literature out of interest and I may drop History in my second year. I just couldn't bear taking Maths or Physics so you know...I picked something else.

Still, they're both essay based and I assume have something in common with the other two (even if it's just one thing).
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not taking Geography.

I'm taking English Literature out of interest and I may drop History in my second year. I just couldn't bear taking Maths or Physics so you know...I picked something else.

Still, they're both essay based and I assume have something in common with the other two (even if it's just one thing).
    Sorry! How ignorant of me! I'm sure I recalled you saying Geography It's all these posts about everybody stating their chosen subjects which are confusing me!

Eurgh, literature is horrible I don't know how you do it!
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sorry! How ignorant of me! I'm sure I recalled you saying Geography It's all these posts about everybody stating their chosen subjects which are confusing me!

That was me
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:

It's alright! I probably feel the same way about Physics and sometimes Maths. But still Literature is better than Language; you don't have to worry about purpose/audience/colours < all that rubbish!

Still even if I was bad at a subject it is unfortunate that it had to be Maths! I would've chosen it for A-levels if I was good at
Updated: May 17, 2012
New on TSR

Join the Welcome Squad

Become a part of the TSR team!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.