The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Pandora.
I'm dreading GCSE results day this year... the results all get published in the newspaper :frown:

Our names surely don't also get published?
Reply 41
SNOW. :biggrin:
Reply 42
Original post by matty123
Our names surely don't also get published?

They do in my area at least. :frown:
Original post by Zigggyy.
SNOW. :biggrin:

:woo:
Reply 43
Does anyone remember sometime on the last thread when someone posted a YouTube link of a group of people dancing strangely? They all had strange costumes on, and might have been classed as 'alternative'? It was hilarious, and I'd love to see it again if anyone knows what I'm on about. :biggrin:
Reply 44
Does anyone remember sometime on the last thread when someone posted a YouTube link of a group of people dancing strangely? They all had strange costumes on, and might have been classed as 'alternative'? It was hilarious, and I'd love to see it again if anyone knows what I'm on about. :biggrin:

That what you're talking about?
Reply 45
Original post by c3ntury
What's it on? :smile:

Spoken language :biggrin: Finally finished it today! :five:

How's it going? :smile:
Reply 46
They do in my area at least. :frown:

Our results are posted on the notice board for the whole year. So basically, if I score a bad grade, I'll get annoying little year 8s and 9s laughing at me for the whole year :frown:
Still, isn't as bad as yours though :wink:
Reply 47
Original post by ElMoro

Good work :biggrin:
What exam board are you with? Have you done your OMAM and An Inspector Calls papers yet?
Reply 48
Original post by ElMoro

Seen that before many a time (cheers Reddit) and instantly thought of it when Catherine mentioned alternative dancing :biggrin:

Some of the comments were golden, pity they disabled them :frown:

Original post by ElMoro

Wa'hey! :biggrin:

And not too bad thanks, yourself?
Reply 49
Original post by ElMoro

Yes! That's it, thanks! I just love it at 1:49, when the woman in the purple trousers starts going wild :rofl:

Original post by usycool1
Our results are posted on the notice board for the whole year. So basically, if I score a bad grade, I'll get annoying little year 8s and 9s laughing at me for the whole year :frown:

Eurgh, I'd hate that. I really hope I don't come across anything like that in my school! :eek:

Original post by c3ntury
Seen that before many a time (cheers Reddit) and instantly thought of it when Catherine mentioned alternative dancing :biggrin:

Some of the comments were golden, pity they disabled them :frown:

No comments? :frown: They were brilliant! :biggrin:
Reply 50
Oh god. That video is absolutely brilliant.
Original post by Zotler
Why were you banned? :redface:

Some innapropriate spamming apparently, on top of my ealrier abuse to the mods, oops:redface:
Reply 52
Original post by usycool1

But I don't think they post individual results for each subject. In the newspapers (and in my school) they just have the amount of A*-C passes.
Reply 53
Original post by PrinceyJ
But I don't think they post individual results for each subject. In the newspapers (and in my school) they just have the amount of A*-C passes.

Ah, now that could be it. I don't recall seeing the newspaper very clearly (although I have seen it before), but that makes sense. :smile:
Reply 54
I get really annoyed when I hear about how some other schools conduct the Controlled Assessment malarky! In my school, we go to the exam hall every time, with our 1 page of notes, and write it all out. My friends from other schools tell me they can ask their teacher to read through their work and correct it etc. Some even take it home! Surely this isn't fair?!

The snow looks lovely though!
Reply 55
Original post by Sapien
I get really annoyed when I hear about how some other schools conduct the Controlled Assessment malarky! In my school, we go to the exam hall every time, with our 1 page of notes, and write it all out. My friends from other schools tell me they can ask their teacher to read through their work and correct it etc. Some even take it home! Surely this isn't fair?!

The snow looks lovely though!

My school do the former only with English, but with Geography and Music they are very sneaky and pretend to not notice that people do the work at home. Yeah, it's unfair - but who's going to stop them? :frown:
I don't think teachers directly say you can take them home, just sort of turn a blind eye when people do. Also, I've known teachers to add like, five more hours onto it! It's pretty bad.
Reply 56
Original post by Zotler
My school do the former only with English, but with Geography and Music they are very sneaky and pretend to not notice that people do the work at home. Yeah, it's unfair - but who's going to stop them? :frown:
I don't think teachers directly say you can take them home, just sort of turn a blind eye when people do. Also, I've known teachers to add like, five more hours onto it! It's pretty bad.

Yeah, it's a shame really. But I don't think those other schools are in the wrong (well they are, but it's very common to not be uptight with CAs) but rather my school for being over anal.
Reply 57
Original post by Zotler

My History and English teachers last year allowed us to do that. Completely unfair but we didn't complain /shrug.
Reply 58
BLOODY SNOW EVERYWHERE

Someone told me that "remember, snow brings light in the darkness of winter!!" and I was like, "yeah, and so does the sun, so bugger off." Bah humbug.

Still praying for a snow day tomorrow though... :redface:
Reply 59
Original post by Paramore<3

Original post by Paramore<3
BLOODY SNOW EVERYWHERE

Someone told me that &quot;remember, snow brings light in the darkness of winter!!&quot; and I was like, &quot;yeah, and so does the sun, so bugger off.&quot; Bah humbug.

Still praying for a snow day tomorrow though... :redface:

Snow!!!!! :biggrin:

So true.

Latest