The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CharlieBoardman
At the end of the day, they're your options, not hers! :smile: Pick what you want t take, not what anybody else wants you to take. You're perfectly bright enough to make your own intelligent desicions :smile:

My dad just told her to leave me alone, and let me get on with MY choices, saying "she's a smart girl, she knows what she's doing, leave her be"

I love my dad.

NB: And some people wonder why I'm interested in studying in the US, well one of the reasons, is to get further away from my mum.
Original post by rock.and.rose
My dad just told her to leave me alone, and let me get on with MY choices, saying "she's a smart girl, she knows what she's doing, leave her be"

I love my dad.

NB: And some people wonder why I'm interested in studying in the US, well one of the reasons, is to get further away from my mum.

Your dad has hit the nail on the head! :smile: you do love your mum very much too though!
Your dad has hit the nail on the head! :smile: you do love your mum very much too though!

Oh yeah, of course I love my mum, but it's hard to like her at times!
Oh yeah, of course I love my mum, but it's hard to like her at times!

I can empathise, parents can really get on your nerves can't they :P :biggrin:
I can empathise, parents can really get on your nerves can't they :P :biggrin:

Yes they can!

I know she thinks she has my best interests at heart, but she doesn't, having my best interests at heart means supporting my decision.
Yes they can!

I know she thinks she has my best interests at heart, but she doesn't, having my best interests at heart means supporting my decision.

Well, she isn't purposely tying to annoy you, she just wants you to make the right decisions (well, what she thinks are the right decisions)! :smile: But, you do know what the best thing for you is :smile:
Reply 6086
Feeling so ill right now :frown: In the afternoon I had a light headache by the time I'd got home my head was pounding and I couldn't see properly. Had a nap and I still feel sick but I've had to force myself up. If I'm like this tomorrow where's no way I can go to school but I don't want to miss school :/
Original post by iJess
Feeling so ill right now :frown: In the afternoon I had a light headache by the time I'd got home my head was pounding and I couldn't see properly. Had a nap and I still feel sick but I've had to force myself up. If I'm like this tomorrow where's no way I can go to school but I don't want to miss school :/
:hugs: I hope you feel better soon! Which lessons do you have tomorrow? Sometimes it's best to take the day off to get better rather than stressing yourself out over feeling ill and not working to your full potential. :smile:
Reply 6088
Original post by Pandora.
:hugs: I hope you feel better soon! Which lessons do you have tomorrow? Sometimes it's best to take the day off to get better rather than stressing yourself out over feeling ill and not working to your full potential. :smile:

Got free period, games, free period, biology and english so I probably wouldn't miss much
Original post by iJess
Got free period, games, free period, biology and english so I probably wouldn't miss much
Hmm. If you still feel bad in the morning, then I'd take the day off. :smile: Once you feel better you'll be able to focus and catch up so much more easily. :smile:
Let's make conversation :biggrin: what do people like to do in their spare time? (apart from all your revision, of course :biggrin: ) Does anybody have any interesting hobbies? :smile:
Let's make conversation :biggrin: what do people like to do in their spare time? (apart from all your revision, of course :biggrin: ) Does anybody have any interesting hobbies? :smile:
I really don't have any interesting hobbies. Apart from daydreaming. I'm pro at that. :cool:
I really don't have any interesting hobbies. Apart from daydreaming. I'm pro at that. :cool:

Lmao, I think way too deeply sometimes, it scares me :curious:

I really love reading :biggrin: and yugioh. But I don't know if that counts as a hobby though. :colone:
Lmao, I think way too deeply sometimes, it scares me :curious:
Same here - maybe one day I'll crack the meaning of life. :lol:
Reply 6095

Lol, for me I find I end up going really deep into one topic, and somehow always seems to link everything back to Maths :/

Haha! Let me know when you figure it out :biggrin:
I think really deeply about what happens after you die.. I mean, you're just not there are you? You can't remember what happened before you were born, so will it just be like that? I can't imagine being not here. The fact that one day I will stop thinking all together really worries me.. You're just plain a simply not here...
Original post by USB
Lol, for me I find I end up going really deep into one topic, and somehow always seems to link everything back to Maths :/

I don't know why that disappoints you :biggrin:
Reply 6098
Haha! Let me know when you figure it out :biggrin:
I think really deeply about what happens after you die.. I mean, you're just not there are you? You can't remember what happened before you were born, so will it just be like that? I can't imagine being not here. The fact that one day I will stop thinking all together really worries me.. You're just plain a simply not here...

Hmm, I've always wandered what would happen if your entire brain was recreated and put into a body.
If this happened after you death, would you feel a sensation of just waking up again?

Would you really be yourself? What defines us? Our memories, experience, skills?

I even sometimes wonder if every time to go to sleep, I actually wake up as a different thinking person, but am tricked by my memories.
Reply 6099
I don't know why that disappoints you :biggrin:

It doesn't of course :tongue:

Just seems as if Mathematics is the language of the world, as cheesy as that may sound :L

Latest