The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zigggyy.
I do love my laptop, dont get me wrong! Just, I never seem to save my work :frown: and then my battery runs low and I think ah, I'll be really quick finishing off this essay, and then bam. And then I seem to manage to delete the auto recovery file that word does and just ugh. D: It hasnt been a good day at all.

My laptop is from the stone ages :/ It has word 2003...... need I say anymore? I did the non saving trick (which is an art) with my 23 page coursework, I had it all typed up and nice looking and then my laptop blew up. BAMN goes my coursework and my life in general :colone: If you wanna talk about your day go for it :smile: I'm happy to listen
Original post by Pandora.
Last year's Year 11 thread held some awards (just for fun) when they were almost about to move onto Year 12. I've noticed it happens elsewhere around TSR too. :smile:

Sounds pretty cool to me :smile:
Original post by Loz17
Guys, do you need any assistance with these awards/want my input?

What is this then, the TSR awards already happened (at least I thought).
Original post by Loz17
If you wouldn't mind, that would be great thanks. :smile: ElMoro probably knows more about all this than I do though. :wink:
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
MY NOMINATIONS SO FAR

Member Most Likely To Go To Oxbridge GreenLantern1 (but tbf most of you guys have perfect grades)
Most Random Member Dalek
Most Arrogant Member Dalek
Most Obsessed Member (could be with anything - film, celebrity, TV show, sport - whatever!) GreenLantern - Cambridge

LOOL. I didn't realised I was obsessed with them heheh.

Lol I have to agreee on the Dalek ones. Do I vote with this same criteria?
Original post by CharlieBoardman
Happy Birthday for tomorrow bud!

Cheers mate!!
Original post by GreenLantern1
What is this then, the TSR awards already happened (at least I thought).

Well, there used to be loads in a chat thread I used to post in at lot. I know a few social groups and other chat threads (such as last years year 11 thread as you can see) and TSR themselves do yearly awards sitewide too, so they're done a lot here :biggrin:

If you wouldn't mind, that would be great thanks. :smile: ElMoro probably knows more about all this than I do though. :wink:

No problems. I now ElMoro know's what to do, but I'm offering as someone who can collect nominations and announce winners etc.

I haven't seen you talk about them that much to be fair :smile:
Original post by CharlieBoardman
I haven't seen you talk about them that much to be fair :smile:

Was probably a bit more in the Mark I Thread, and earlier on in this thread if you look - but still I din't think it was that much either.

Oh well, tis an obsession that I don't mind :wink: (as long as I don't get rejected hehe)
Original post by Loz17
No problems. I now ElMoro know's what to do, but I'm offering as someone who can collect nominations and announce winners etc.
Ah, that would be brilliant! :smile: So it would be best to keep our nominations secret for now? That would be great if you wouldn't mind, of course. :smile: Thanks!

Erm I was just giving everyone an idea lol... I thin the real thing will be like a poll/vote thing Loz will set set up.

Vote multi guys :sexface:
Was probably a bit more in the Mark I Thread, and earlier on in this thread if you look - but still I din't think it was that much either.

Oh well, tis an obsession that I don't mind :wink: (as long as I don't get rejected hehe)

Lmao fair enough! Well, I hope to see you there :biggrin:

It's more of an on-going thing :sexface:
Ah, that would be brilliant! :smile: So it would be best to keep our nominations secret for now? That would be great if you wouldn't mind, of course. :smile: Thanks!

Yea keep them secret for now, all decide on what awards you'd like and let me know. Then you'd each PM me your nominations over a time period, I'd then count them and announce the results here and can get them put into the OP and others can announce their achievements in their sigs etc :smile:

I would advice against such awards like "Best results" though, people's abilities are different for many reasons and it probably wouldn't give everyone a chance.
(edited 12 years ago)
OK but wheres the list where we can vote from? The final one that is
Erm I was just giving everyone an idea lol... I thin the real thing will be like a poll/vote thing Loz will set set up.

Vote multi guys :sexface:

LOL I probably am obsessed withthem admittedly - Cambridge :love: .

Just couldn't admit it hehe
Reply 6156
Haha, those are brilliant! Did you win any? :wink:

Just ideas, but maybe things like Most Legendary Member, Best Post (lots of choice there :colone:), and maybe a joke category? Member most likely to be a lizard in disguise. :wink:

I'm liking the chicken by the way :tongue:

I won a couple :wink2:

Liking these ideas. Hoping to get some input from everyone before we finalise anything :smile:

Why thank you :hat2:

Original post by Loz17

Yes, please! :biggrin: Btw, would you wind collecting results, etc.? I think people would have more confidence if it was from a mod/someone outside the thread :redface:
OK but wheres the list where we can vote from? The final one that is
I don't think the final list's been decided yet. :smile:
Original post by ElMoro
Yes, please! :biggrin: Btw, would you wind collecting results, etc.? I think people would have more confidence if it was from a mod/someone outside the thread :redface:

That's a good call then :wink2:

If you all agree on a time scale and awards I'll be very happy to collect nominations
Original post by ElMoro
I won a couple :wink2:

Liking these ideas. Hoping to get some input from everyone before we finalise anything :smile:

Why thank you :hat2:
Nice :biggrin:
I like the two bottom awards on there - Best Thread and Sciences vs Arts. Unfortunately I think I'd be able to see the winner of the latter a mile off. :tongue: :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest